+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Report AFK is a great feature, but more action is needed

Rift Disciple

Default Report AFK is a great feature, but more action is needed

I don't even play on Snarebrush, and I'm intimately familiar with their famously AFK player. There's a player who's entire name is simply "Tf" and he's AFK in the warfront constantly. He has a script which makes his player jump every 10 seconds or so. That alone should be a bannable offense. But every damn time I get into a WF, I see him sitting there again, hopping every few seconds, getting experience and favor for doing nothing. We tell everyone how to report an AFK player, and sometimes he gets kicked from the warfront. But he's always back.

Is there a more appropriate place to report him for scripting? Is there a game feature which could more readily identify this type of behavior (a player executing the same command and a constant interval continually for 10 minutes should be a big clue).

Telaran

Whose to say they aren't just hitting the space bar every so often? Doesn't take too much effort while watching TV or being on your other computer to just hit one button. I'm all for banning macro users, but when you question lazy players then you open up a whole new problem.

I don't know whats up with your teams and WFs but i've been voted out while contributing!!one one one.

Gave me no notification and had to sit an hour out til I could que back in..now..I don't guard objectives..I will run off and leave things unattended and pull random NPCs to make sure I'm never voted out again.

If this guy is voted out and you see him right back there they've figured out a way to hack as well.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Glow Stick View Post
    Whose to say they aren't just hitting the space bar every so often? Doesn't take too much effort while watching TV or being on your other computer to just hit one button. I'm all for banning macro users, but when you question lazy players then you open up a whole new problem.
    The guy never even leaves the spawn point. He jumps at a precise interval and never takes any other action. It's a script.

+ Reply to Thread