+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Offer for a Future Valor Balance Please Read and Post A Feedback

Soulwalker

Default Offer for a Future Valor Balance Please Read and Post A Feedback

Hello, everybody.

I was thinking what if you will make different amount of Valor on the items for each class.

For example:

Warrior should have the most, as they are close melee and pretty much cant survive long combat without constant heals.

Mages also will have to have as much as Warriors even prob more if they balance GoS correctly and won't do any other unbalanced fixes to them. That will make mages survive longer without any broken abilities.

Rogues should have the mediocre amount because they have plenty of defensive cooldowns (playing rogue myself)

And last but not least Clerics, they should have least amount, as it will be completely impossible to kill them, it is quite hard right now, so with full Valor gear cleric will be unkillable.

Let me know what you guys think about it, and your feedback would be appreciated.
    Last edited by jilsar; 04-18-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Soulwalker

/bump.........................................

Quote Originally Posted by jilsar View Post
    Hello, everybody.

I was thinking what if you will make different amount of Valor on the items for each class.

For example:

Warrior should have the most, as they are close melee and pretty much cant survive long combat without constant heals.

Mages also will have to have as much as Warriors even prob more if they balance GoS correctly and won't do any other unbalanced fixes to them. That will make mages survive longer without any broken abilities.

Rogues should have the mediocre amount because they have plenty of defensive cooldowns (playing rogue myself)

And last but not least Clerics, they should have least amount, as it will be completely impossible to kill them, it is quite hard right now, so with full Valor gear cleric will be unkillable.

Let me know what you guys think about it, and your feedback would be appreciated.

I do agree that warriors need some sort of damage/survivability increase from what I'm seeing in WFs, mainly magic defense, but I think this Valor change suggestion isn't a very good idea.
    How would that valor difference would cope with Hybrids or souls that don't do exactly what their callings usually do?
    Heavy druids need as much damage reduction as a warrior, since they have almost no heals / gap closers,
    Or Justicars (at least the ones that like to be defensive) they en if that costs them the ability to heal others efficiently (Justicars), and usually are frequently on melee, that asks for strong damage reduction too I suppose.

A flat out buff to Warrior / Rogue damage reduction in some souls (In some cases at least, I don't think Nightblades need it atm with so much good defensive skills for example) seems an easier solution.
    Merveilles - GM of Mizerables - Alsbeth
    Anything related to my opinions posted / Mizerables guild / 5v5 / whatever feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Merveilles View Post
    I do agree that warriors need some sort of damage/survivability increase from what I'm seeing in WFs, mainly magic defense, but I think this Valor change suggestion isn't a very good idea.
    How would that valor difference would cope with Hybrids or souls that don't do exactly what their callings usually do?
    Heavy druids need as much damage reduction as a warrior, since they have almost no heals / gap closers,
    Or Justicars (at least the ones that like to be defensive) they en if that costs them the ability to heal others efficiently (Justicars), and usually are frequently on melee, that asks for strong damage reduction too I suppose.

A flat out buff to Warrior / Rogue damage reduction in some souls (In some cases at least, I don't think Nightblades need it atm with so much good defensive skills for example) seems an easier solution.
    Warriors need 0 buffs. RB/VK and RB/Pala are so broken its not even funny. Non-Pyro mages can be constantly locked down without dr due to their differing CCs not sharing a DR while they proceed to kill you with no recourse. There doesn't need to be any more damage mitigation in this game there is already way too much.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    Warriors need 0 buffs. RB/VK and RB/Pala are so broken its not even funny. Non-Pyro mages can be constantly locked down without dr due to their differing CCs not sharing a DR while they proceed to kill you with no recourse. There doesn't need to be any more damage mitigation in this game there is already way too much.
    I didn't think about this specific RB/Pala combination on my post, my bad. These setup indeed does decent damage and has good defense compared to the other ones I usually see, guess magic damage is just win atm.
    But the other ones seem to be really behind, at higher prestige people have way higher armor ratings, but most still have the same magical resistances, doesn't sounds very fair to me that it's either mana leech / RB/Pala / or go home.

This CC problem is not specific to non-Pyro mages, it's ****ing mostly everyone up bad, but hopefully with the next patch is not so bad.
    Merveilles - GM of Mizerables - Alsbeth
    Anything related to my opinions posted / Mizerables guild / 5v5 / whatever feel free to PM me.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by jilsar View Post
    Hello, everybody.

For example:

The only defensive cooldowns are in nightblade. Unless you're talking about cleanse soul, which is ONE cd.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

+ Reply to Thread