+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PLEASE! Implement other ways to get favor/prestige besides just boring old warfronts

Rift Disciple

Default PLEASE! Implement other ways to get favor/prestige besides just boring old warfronts

I am sick and tired of grinding warfronts, especially when my team sucks. I know alot of other people have the same exact problem. I am on a pvp server, yet the lack of open world pvp is absolutely disappointing.

Make it so, at least on pvp servers, you can get a group of friends, go attack any random town occupied by the enemy faction, and you get a reward of like 300-500 favor after killing every enemy npc.

Put another device similar to rifts as far as spawning randomly, except there will be "artifacts" or something else that needs to be obtained, with a large reward of favor when successfully held by one faction for a period of like five minutes. (This will hopefully draw more open world pvp)

Also, there needs to be a huge increase in the number of guardian/defiant invasions, and there should be a worthwhile reward of favor for doing these as well.

One last idea: Implement an additional feature to dueling (whether your own side, or enemy side) where, as long as they are within 5 levels of each other, the winner receives like 100 favor, and the loser receives like 50.

Just a few ideas to take away from the HORRIBLE warfront grind. Thanks for reading.

Champion of Telara

Your first and last ideas are really bad the middle one might be ok. Getting PvP currency for killing NPCs is a very stupid idea, since its not PvP. The last idea is bad because people will just farm each other all day, which again isnt really PvP.

Your middle idea is better because there just needs to be more incentive to doing world PvP for more people to actually do it. If you could get a raid of people constantly fighting each other some where in the world I think the favor would be pretty good.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Your first and last ideas are really bad the middle one might be ok. Getting PvP currency for killing NPCs is a very stupid idea, since its not PvP. The last idea is bad because people will just farm each other all day, which again isnt really PvP.

Your middle idea is better because there just needs to be more incentive to doing world PvP for more people to actually do it. If you could get a raid of people constantly fighting each other some where in the world I think the favor would be pretty good.
    I know some of those ideas are not that good, I'm just throwing ideas out there because the warfront grind is absolutely annoying and not fun at all anymore.

Ancient Wardstones - flip them.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

Shadowlander

Default Flipping warpstones

All quests hubs in neutral areas should be able to be flipped. If a faction wants to turn in a quest, they will have to flip it back. This can also alert the other faction that the quest hub was taken.

Works great in LOTRO - well since Trion is taking ideas from other MMOs, this is probably one of the better ones for PvP (apart from DAoC - which I played very little of).

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

If we do this, players you kill in pvp should drop plaques you can turn in for t2 gear.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    Ancient Wardstones - flip them.
    Thinking Ancient Wardstones are good open world mechanics to promote PvP is a joke. I've done them, the effort was not worth the reward and completed them without seeing a single guardian player. No one I know has ANY interest in doing Ancient Wardstones.

There are lots of ideas to make them better, just do a search, tons of threads with good ideas for AW's. There are also a TON of threads asking for open world PvP content, basically they all ask for:

Open world PvP zone with dynamic mechanics that DON'T involve NPC aggro every 20 feet and involve capturing, defending and fighting players over objectives (keeps, towers, structures). The feedback on an RvR zone has been overwhelming, and they can do as much tweaking to AW's as they want but it's not what PvP players want.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmrill View Post
    and they can do as much tweaking to AW's as they want but it's not what PvP players want.
    What if they tweak them into castles holding the Ancient Wardstone in the center, with siege mechanics required to get to them?

Oh, and maybe have any sort of reward or bonus for taking it.
    Last edited by Tugrath; 04-19-2011 at 07:13 AM.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

+ Reply to Thread