+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is getting annoying...

Angry This is getting annoying...

This is frustrating me. Is it just me or do pugs tend to have no common sense in PvP anymore? I mean come on. I play on Deepwood and Faeblight, a cleric and rogue and I can't seem to win any warfronts except for an occasional Codex or Whitefall Steppes. I mean there are some simple things that PvPers should know.

1. ALL warfronts are objective based, not just - "Ooh! Defiant! KILL KILL KILL!" Killing other players is a factor in PvP but it's not the "Main" objective. Learn the battleground, do the objective, win and get more exp and favor.

2. If you have a choice of healing or DPSing, please heal! The Defiants on Faeblight tend to win most warfronts because we can't drop a warrior because there are 2-3 clerics focusing on keeping him up. Most of the time someone complains about this (including me) and someone will ask "Should I go bard?; chloro?; etc." Yes, you should! If it benefits the team more then do it!

3. Use Crowd Control! Stuns, slows, interrupts and knockbacks are a nightmare to ALL players, and they're useful for getting most melee DPS out of your face. Not to mention when someone is trying to pickup the fang in Black Garden, the enemy's Sourcestone in Whitefall Steppes, or capping a base in the Codex it keeps them away from it possibly long enough for your team to arrive.

4. Focus fire. My rogue tends to get overwhelmed by 6-8 Defiant after our "healers" are killed. :/ Enough said. ((Order of focus tends to go Healers > Mage DPS/Support > Rogue DPS > Warrior DPS/Tank))

5. Stay together. Simple and obvious question, if your team has the option of entering the enemy's base one at a time or as a huge mob, which tends to last the longest?

6. AoE abilities. Most of the time, the Guardians on Faeblight will try and cap a control point, pick up the fang, or pick up a sourceshard and then 5 players would be dead out of ignorance of the big circle of flame at their feet. I mean it's an attack that does damage to anything standing in its radius, wouldn't anyone take advantage of that?

Sincerely,

A Common Sense PvPer

Shield of Telara

You're playing on a PvE-RP server and expecting people to know the basics of pvp?

I'd be surprised if they even came into the Warfronts wearing appropriate gear.
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

I expect people who enter a BG to know how to win one or at least have some sort of idea how to. There are quite a bit of PvP/Raiding guilds on Faeblight so there are people who know how to PvP. I don't know if it's just ignorance or stupidity. I mean the Defiants have no problem doing anything I posted, why can't the Guardians?

Shield of Telara

In all honesty, you aren't seeing the other side of the fence either. You see your own team not doing things because you can actually notice what all of them are doing at any one time. Guardians do it too any have their own special brand of idiot, its the same on every shard

Definitely not Faeblight in specific - People in general just aren't very smart.

Keep in mind - These are the people that come to *these* forums and post "liek im a rogue and i hav 2500+ arena rank in wow so listen to me when i talk rogusz aretn vary gud and i think clericz should hav 2k hp k? 2 strong otherwz", the same people basejumping into voidknights, people unaccustomed to teamplay and inability to focus.
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

Quote Originally Posted by SindriMyr21 View Post
    I expect people who enter a BG to know how to win one or at least have some sort of idea how to. There are quite a bit of PvP/Raiding guilds on Faeblight so there are people who know how to PvP. I don't know if it's just ignorance or stupidity. I mean the Defiants have no problem doing anything I posted, why can't the Guardians?
    Why don't you just play Defiant then? Don't you know all the smart, team players chose Defiant at the character creation screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyous View Post
    In all honesty, you aren't seeing the other side of the fence either. You see your own team not doing things because you can actually notice what all of them are doing at any one time. Guardians do it too any have their own special brand of idiot, its the same on every shard

Definitely not Faeblight in specific - People in general just aren't very smart.

Keep in mind - These are the people that come to *these* forums and post "liek im a rogue and i hav 2500+ arena rank in wow so listen to me when i talk rogusz aretn vary gud and i think clericz should hav 2k hp k? 2 strong otherwz", the same people basejumping into voidknights, people unaccustomed to teamplay and inability to focus.
    I know it just makes me angry when you lose a BG one after another, after another, after another....

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    Why don't you just play Defiant then? Don't you know all the smart, team players chose Defiant at the character creation screen?
    My main is level 44 and I just want to get him to 50 before re-rolling. At first it was to play with a couple of friends and now I PvP to pass the time between questing.

I've played both sides in this server group and I can tell you that the only common denominator is you.

I used to think Defiant lost most every warfront aside from BG while leveling up until I tried seeing how the other half lives, and there is just as much fail on both sides, believe me.

It used to be that Guardians would steamroll during peak time and during offpeak Defiants did very well, but even moreso now I'm seeing even that not to be a steadfast rule, and I don't just play in 50s, I level alts exclusively in Warfronts as well (because the questing in this game is so horrid, and because I play MMOs for group play).

I'd advise setting up some warfront macros to instruct players on where they need to go, what's priority and such. Communication/coordination will always be key, although having a few more healers/support couldn't hurt.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

after grinding wf to almost pres5, i don't care about winning anymore.

if we looks like going to lose, forget obj go for kill to salvage some prestige.

if some1 in my team try to show how leet he is in chat, i'll try to learn how good he is from my spawn point.

p/s ppl should try to motivate their weaker mates instead of demoralize whole team.

Communicate all you want but most people aren't even reading their chat unless it's to argue about who's more 'op', and most don't even look at their radar. What tends to happen is everyone funnels to the middle of the map to try and aoe for kill favor. Really need open world pvp to spark up because warfronts are getting pretty stale and narrow.
    "Never give up and never surrender!"

So, it's just you 57 cops against KUNG FU JOE? Master of KUNG-FU, KARATE, JIU-JITSU, and all kinds of other shiz you ain't never heard of! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

Ascendant

I ran about 15 or so warfronts tonight and won 4. That's actually a good night for Defiants in my shard cluster. Losing over and over again does get extremely frustrating. Right now when Defiant win in a warfront it's because we came up against a seemingly rare Guardian group that played more poorly than we did. That's all it is. It's not about getting outplayed in the combat sense of things. It's often not even about healers (or lack thereof). It's about going into a warfront with clear objectives that too many people don't know how to achieve. Fighting on the wrong side of the map in Black Garden. Splitting our forces in Codex so much that we can't hold anything for longer than a minute or two. Half our team spending the entire match "defending" our stone in our base in Whitefall Steppes. Small groups trickling into the swarm of Guardians at the bridge in Port Scion...over and over and over again...throughout the entire match.

And it's not so much that their approach is counterproductive, it's that they won't adjust. They'll lose match after match after match and they refuse to adjust their way of thinking to something that is more productive.

It makes it very difficult for the people who have an understanding of how the maps play to get anything done. I love the guys who point to the scoreboard in Whitefall Steppes and insist that their damage done means they're doing their part. That's not the scoreboard they should be looking at. They should be looking at the one just below their mini-map that shows us down by two points in a match where the three people trying to get the enemy stone have been lucky to make it past the river before we get swarmed and demolished.

The only thing worse than a poor player is a stubborn poor player, and we've got too many Defiant side in my shard cluster.

+ Reply to Thread