+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What will happen if Healing is nerfed

Default What will happen if Healing is nerfed

Clerics who play with Healing souls will find that they are not contributing to their team and dying to fast; they will also determine that it is not worth it.

Why?

Cleric Healers get the lowest Favor/Prestige of any role.
    Cleric Healers are usually targeted first.
    Cleric Healers use mana and have mana intensive skills, this results in Cleric Healers being out of mana too soon.
    Cleric Healer (like almost all casters) have to stand still to cast a heal, leaving them vulnerable to interrupts.

While a pre-made group can assign players to protect the Cleric Healers, pick up groups usually do not. This results the healers being dog-piled and killed quickly.

If heals are not viable to use (aka can't keep someone even themselves alive) then why use them.

Final result:
    Healing Clerics will change to DPS Cleric or Tank Cleric.
    Healing Clerics will stop joining Warfronts; the little favor/prestige they receive is not worth it.
    Healing Clerics will go off and do something else in the game until they get bored or frustrated and seek out a new game to play.

Final state will be no healing clerics at high levels except those in large guilds who are well protected by their guild members. Healing Clerics in Pick up groups will be extinct.

Also consider: You cannot change PVP healing without changing PVE healing, you can change healing in the WF but not in the world. So the best way to ensure that a Healer gets the full effect of heals is to always be tapped by something so a opposing player gets no credit and the healer gets full effects of heals.
    Even if you surprise a Healer, all they need to do is tap a nearby mob and suddenly their healing is at full effect.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

What you are basically saying is keep the easy mode part of being an healing cleric, or their main player base will just get frustrated and go DPS if they get killed too easily?

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Telaran

It sounds like someone got wtfpwned by one too many clerics? L2pick and choose battles, rogue. Cleric issues run deep in this one, they do.

Telaran

lol have you EVER played a chloromancer?

duh...

i leave the battleground with plenty of favor and heals playing my chloro without the added godmode gimmick

so im sorry but i beg to differ

clerics are ridiciulous
    Last edited by KingLeonidas; 04-18-2011 at 05:01 PM.

The OPs point was chiefly, "be careful what you ask for", the OP has likely seen how in many games like Lotro etc Pugs are required to cry for healers for hours on end.

I play a PvP healer because I enjoy it. I am not much into pve so my gear is PvP gear, likely this is why I am not the god mode PVE geared pvp cleric many speak/cry about. I do ok.

I am unlikely to quit the game over any nerf to pvp healing but I am not a fan of nerfing any class. I would prefer populated servers with a mix of classes being played.

I would also strongly prefer that anyone posting to forums was fully identifiable but understand this can not happen today. Good luck , enjoy the game.

Factors during 1.1 (before 1.2 is applied)

- Warrior DPS was overnerfed.
    - Rogue DPS is broken (malfunctioning skills and stats).
    - Mage Burst is OP (not just Pyro)
    - Mage Healing is OP (but conditional, so perhaps fine)
    - Clerics with Prestige Rank 3 gain a broken defensive ability that makes them hard to kill.
    - Few groups know how to 3-2-1 Spike (insta-gib) or Burst in a reliable fashion.
    - Healers have great recovery tools but ****ty anti-burst tools.

Results during 1.1:

- Warriors switch to CC/Support/Tank, or complain about Healers
    - Rogues that rely on stuns complain about Healers (due to Rank3 defense problem)
    - Mages have the tools to melt through everyone with multiple builds, and stay silent as they get buffed.
    - Mages have the tools to be main raid-healer and output top HPS
    - Instead of L2P and improving their burst damage + cc coordination, bad players complain about Healing

Predictions based on announcements for 1.2:

- Trion will fix some warrior callings but mess up and it will backfire keeping them weak. Warrior DPS in PvP will remain problematic leading to re-rolls / attrition.
    - Trion will buff Rogue callings overall, then buff them further by fixing the broken stuff
    - Cleric Rank 3 ability will be nerfed, while reactive healing buffed, making them more vulnerable to burst but more powerful vs bad players.
    - Rogues will become the most visible OP as stunlock-kills from stealth become even more effective.
    - Mages will remain top HPS/DPS
    - Bad Players will eventually learn how to focus fire and burst - making reactive healing obsolete.
    - Healing Clerics will become increasingly weak in WF's and organized play, deployed only by the most organized groups, in minimal numbers, as support roles.
    - Instead of point healing, Combat Res, CC and Raid Heals will be the primary methods of survival.

- Trion will continue failing to balance the game due to the shallow level of interaction designed into the abilities - flat numbers (DPS/HPS) will continue to be balanced in pendulum swings, creating periods of superiority for each class but without improving the player-skill-depth.

Also, DPS Clerics will continue suffering from the stigma of "you're the Healing Class, so you don't deserve variety in DPS builds".

Clerics will be pigeonholed into a few specific CC/Support or AoEDPS roles and players seeking variety & serious about PvP will re-roll Rogue and Mage.

SNAFU.
    Last edited by Tenet; 04-18-2011 at 05:28 PM.

I'm all for it let them nerf healing,I can suffer through a month or so just to see the masses freak out that they get killed just stepping from the spawn area.
    Grignak-50 Cleric-<PvP Goods>-Defiant Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Grygnak View Post
    I'm all for it let them nerf healing, I can suffer through a month or so just to see the masses freak out that they get killed just stepping from the spawn area.
    Indeed, the tears will be glorious, and the pressure to go blue in WF's will decrease. Brilliant!

Rift Chaser

Nerf healing and i'm gone. First time in any game i ever rolled a healer, and it's pretty kickass. I won't put up with a nerf because the pvp crowd is a bunch of babies.

People have no idea how much damage is in this game.

I use ACT in every PvP fight, and I'm sure the Trion developing team has data showing the massive amount of damage is in this game. This is why it is down right comical to see terribad players crying about healers, when the damage in this game is FOUR TIMES higher than the healing.

Please nerf Clerics, please GOD do. We have specs we can change into, and melt Rogues, Warriors, and Mages while they ALSO melt themselves, and watch people cry about dying instantly in PvP.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Please nerf Clerics, please GOD do. We have specs we can change into, and melt Rogues, Warriors, and Mages while they ALSO melt themselves, and watch people cry about dying instantly in PvP.
    Wouldnt that be awesome? QUAKE TOURNAMENT WITH ARROWS AND MAGIC! F*CK YEAH

Last edited by Atreiu; 04-18-2011 at 06:42 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    Wouldnt that be awesome? QUAKE TOURNAMENT WITH ARROWS AND MAGIC! F*CK YEAH
    It was a dumb game, for simpletons.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    ^

Make healing less effective, I'll just hop into a damage spec and kill you. Then you can post on the forums about how my damage is too high. We'll continue from there until everyone plays a warrior and thuds their face into eachother.
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
    Predictions based on announcements for 1.2:

- Trion will fix some warrior callings but mess up and it will backfire keeping them weak. Warrior DPS in PvP will remain problematic leading to re-rolls / attrition.
    - Trion will buff Rogue callings overall, then buff them further by fixing the broken stuff
    - Cleric Rank 3 ability will be nerfed, while reactive healing buffed, making them more vulnerable to burst but more powerful vs bad players.
    - Rogues will become the most visible OP as stunlock-kills from stealth become even more effective.
    - Mages will remain top HPS/DPS
    - Bad Players will eventually learn how to focus fire and burst - making reactive healing obsolete.
    - Healing Clerics will become increasingly weak in WF's and organized play, deployed only by the most organized groups, in minimal numbers, as support roles.
    - Instead of point healing, Combat Res, CC and Raid Heals will be the primary methods of survival.

- Trion will continue failing to balance the game due to the shallow level of interaction designed into the abilities - flat numbers (DPS/HPS) will continue to be balanced in pendulum swings, creating periods of superiority for each class but without improving the player-skill-depth.

Also, DPS Clerics will continue suffering from the stigma of "you're the Healing Class, so you don't deserve variety in DPS builds".

Clerics will be pigeonholed into a few specific CC/Support or AoEDPS roles and players seeking variety & serious about PvP will re-roll Rogue and Mage.

SNAFU.
    wow, its like you got a sneak peak of their plans for the future! im pretty sure this is exactly how it will work out.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Grygnak View Post
    I'm all for it let them nerf healing,I can suffer through a month or so just to see the masses freak out that they get killed just stepping from the spawn area.
    Exactly...what they don't realize is that if healing gets nerfed it only gets nerfed for everyone else. We'll still heal ourselves even in dps roles no matter how bad the numbers are because it will extend our time on target. If you nerf healing you aren't going to nerf clerics, you're just going to nerf group dynamics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast