+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Call for Normality

Telaran

Default A Call for Normality

With 1.2 coming out sometime soon, I am initiating a call for normality. Stop with ALL nerfs and buffs. Once GoS is aligned, i'm hoping all one-shot-wonders and 3-second-supermans will be gone. Pvp is no fun when you die quickly, but thats why valor is being buffed. Let us as a whole adjust to all of the recent changes and quit making so many. Some things needed attention like original warrior dps, sab, and even GoS was kind of pushing it. Once everyone can survive, let the community adjust and stop changing the pvp mechanics so often. Yes, it will be harder as a whole to kill any class, especially healers, but if you're a healer being attacked by multiple dps, then you're not doing any damage to them either. Again, this game is balanced around group pvp (14 healing reduction skills sound familiar to anyone?).

Warriors - You will be able to tank, have several viable dps roles, and lots of CC. Stop your whining. Sure, after 1.2 you might not be able to hit the dps a rogue can put out, but you wear plate and have a ton more HP and CC. If you feel "gimp" because you can't burn something down like a rogue, then play a rogue. You're still the "beef" of the party, and with the valor change and warrior buff, that is only going to be more prevalent.

Healers - Disclosure: I play a purifier on spitescar. Although you never got your 5 minutes of OP fame, healing through (or the lack of ability to do so) the OP classes from launch has been hell. After this patch, hopefully that will all be over and there will be no more reason to whine. With valor more effective and love to purifier and sent, there is no good reason not to play your heal specs. Be thankful the game is balanced around group pvp.

Mages - Even YOU knew the pyro nerf was coming, because it had gotten rediculous. You are still probably going to be top DPS and have moderate CC. The boost in mage survivability last patch and valor increase this patch will have you in a desirable position. What is there to complain about?

Rogues - You're getting love. You comprise the most player base, and after this survivability increase and dps "fix", you need to quit your pathetic whining. Remember: you may have second best dps (overall), but you will *not* be able to burn down every caster, healer, or warrior you come across. DEAL WITH IT. Adapt with tactic or pick and choose your fights - isn't that part of what defines your class?

Really though, every change is going to bring about new perceptions on what is overpowered and what needs a boost. There is NO one solution to make everyone happy.

Please sign this thread if you want the damn "balances" to slow down.

No, I will continue my crusade against clerics.

.LulZ
    ... /...
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-18-2011 at 04:29 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Telaran

I disclosed that in the thread. Let me guess, you're a dps who thinks he should be able to solo-kill a healing spec healer?

nice attempt at damage control even before the next patch...achieve your goals..then put on the brakes..haha yea..rrright.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Quote Originally Posted by FallenFaded View Post
    I disclosed that in the thread. Let me guess, you're a dps who thinks he should be able to solo-kill a healing spec healer?
    No im just a guy that thinks PVP healing clerics should do more then just faceroll on the keyboard to stay alive.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Telaran

This is the last reply i will make about any one class. Yes, healer spec healers should stay alive against any one dps. If one dps can overtake a healer's heals, then why not replace a healer with another dps and be more effective?
    I have no idea about what the next patch will do to everything, and only have the notes to go by. I was just getting used to pyros, and now everything changes again. Am I the only one that gets tired of the "new FoTM", "WTF i got pwned by a (fill in blank) and "OMG last patch broke my class!!!" threads?

Quote Originally Posted by FallenFaded View Post
    Am I the only one that gets tired of the "new FoTM", "WTF i got pwned by a (fill in blank) and "OMG last patch broke my class!!!" threads?
    I dont give them much weight as you do, it seems.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    No im just a guy that thinks PVP healing clerics should do more then just faceroll on the keyboard to stay alive.
    PVP healing is the most intensive, stressful and thought provoking experience in the game.

I love it!

Healing in PVP with Cleric healing souls requires a lot of thinking, planning and reaction; you need to see what the situation is, what the situation is going to be and plan for anything unexpected like a stealthy rogue stabbing your target when his health is at it's lowest and you still have 1.5 seconds on the present cast.

Do you continue casting or break casting and shield and insta-heal?

These are the kind of issues that healers need to be aware of. A moment of hesitation means your target is going to the graveyard and the rogue is coming to you.

Healing is not face rolling, it requires a lot more thought than any DPS.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Quote Originally Posted by delphya View Post
    healing is not face rolling, it requires a lot more thought than any dps.
    :lmposvmcfoaismt:

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

:lmposvmcfoaismt:
    Is that English?

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    Is that English?
    yes, it is. It means I laughed-my-posterior-off-so-vigorously-my-cylinder-fell-off-and-i-spilt-my-tea!
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-18-2011 at 06:06 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

yes, it is. It means I laughed-my-posterior-off-so-vigorously-my-cylinder-fell-off-and-i-spilt-my-tea!
    Not sure what it means but I hope your cylinder and tea are ok.

Glad to see your happy.

Rift Disciple

OP: you forgot the cleric class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocode View Post
    OP: you forgot the cleric class.
    WOW! I did not notice that!

+ Reply to Thread