+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, who enjoys a good gank?

Shadowlander

Default So, who enjoys a good gank?

I know I do, makes me feel real big.

I like it when they're 15+ levels under you and after you kill them, you /say l2p

teaches them to be under level 50.

Rift Chaser

PvP happens.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    I like it when they're 15+ levels under you and after you kill them, you /say l2p

Props.
    10char

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Reiken87 View Post
    Props.
    10char
    /whathesaid

Plane Touched

Ganks don't have to be a high level player ganking someone 10 levels under him. Generally there isn't such a level disparity in leveling zones.

I've ganked players that were HIGHER than me, and THAT feels awesome, legitimately.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi26 View Post
    Ganks don't have to be a high level player ganking someone 10 levels under him. Generally there isn't such a level disparity in leveling zones.

I've ganked players that were HIGHER than me, and THAT feels awesome, legitimately.
    Bet you feel all big and strong, killing a guy higher than you.

Shield of Telara

One of my favorite pasttimes is going to the stonefeild and taking over entire lowbie towns. Thats what I do when im bored of crafting and experts are on CD.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    One of my favorite pasttimes is going to the stonefeild and taking over entire lowbie towns. Thats what I do when im bored of crafting and experts are on CD.
    Word. I like stealthing and getting mounted lowbies to stop by /shout'ing for help. They stop to look around who asked them for help only to get a dagger shoved down their throat. Take that, wannabe-hero.

Plane Touched

I have a system for ganking. If someone is way below me, I usually won't throw the first punch unless I'm feeling particularly bored/spiteful. I never camp a lowbie foe's marker unless he was camping a guildie first, and I only camp similar level markers when I have something in the area I want to get done in the meantime. But 80% of the time, I'll kill you once and walk away.

For rifts and bosses/footholds it's a bit different. In those situations, I will never throw the first punch regardless of enemy level, but will always respond to the aggressor first if he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post

QFT. Most of the time (I'm lvl 45 as of this writing) I don't bother with people at too low a rank for the simple reason that I don't get anything for it.

When I first started playing, I had the philosophy that every enemy should be ganked at any time regardless of level on the grounds of preventing the opposing factions' players from gearing up faster than mine. However, I have since come to discover that Guardians are hopelessly outnumbered on my (and I imagine most) server(s), so that policy doesn't have any real basis in practicality.

I don't know about the rest of you, but on my server you pretty much can't fight bosses in any zone beyond Scarlet Gorge because there is a sea of red names around him at all times, and at least one of them is bound to notice you. Thus, my ganking/truce habits arose naturally as a survival mechanism more than anything else.

By the way, Trion, I know this might sound heavy-handed, but please consider capping Defiant pop or at least executing a couple server consolidations. I don't know if it's like this everywhere else, but on Epoch we are ludicrously outnumbered. It's usually not much of a factor except for boss fights, but as the player population continues to level (and the population of opposing players relative to yours in endgame areas increases) I can see how questing and general gameplay may border on futile in the near future.
    Last edited by Arkanfel; 04-18-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiken87 View Post
    Word. I like stealthing and getting mounted lowbies to stop by /shout'ing for help. They stop to look around who asked them for help only to get a dagger shoved down their throat. Take that, wannabe-hero.
    Lol I'll have to try that some time.

Shield of Telara

For ganking lowbies I find AOE specs the best, nothing more satisfying after casting tyrany than seeing 7 defiants dead on the ground

Nothing like killing someone that runs into town thinking that guards will actually do something in this game.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    Nothing like killing someone that runs into town thinking that guards will actually do something in this game.
    LOL YES. And when they fight back, they have to pay for soul healing...

This is why I prefer ganking in towns like still moor or with dual faction guards, if they attack you back and die, they lose soul vitality

I like going to Moonshade highlands and stand on the roof of the guardian town near the coast. Start pwning people and whenever theres rifts, theres usually an invasion going on so no more wardstone Im still 46, so technically its not ganking, but man it sure feels like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Now back at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast