+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Want world pvp? Novel concept, play on a pvp server.

Default Want world pvp? Novel concept, play on a pvp server.

Why people on pve servers complain there's no world pvp is beyond me. World conflict is unavoidable on a pvp server. You can't go out and do dailies, close rifts, or farm mats in high level zones without running the risk of random encounters. Even people sitting in queues for warfronts are out and about doing what high level characters do in high level zones. Stop complaining that no one wants world pvp, grow some balls, and get your *** to a pvp server. Do one zone event in a contested zone on a pvp server, and you will see what I mean.

p.s. Stories of nothing but getting ganked by level 50's on pvp servers are highly exaggerated. I don't kill low levels I run into, not because I'm moral, but because it's just stupid. Most people seem to think that way. And yes, you will die to pvp while leveling, often against other players in your level range. That's what seems to keep people off pvp servers... that's also what world pvp IS. If you don't like it, then admit to yourself you're an instanced pvp person.

Quote Originally Posted by stavos View Post
    Why people on pve servers complain there's no world pvp is beyond me. World conflict is unavoidable on a pvp server. You can't go out and do dailies, close rifts, or farm mats in high level zones without running the risk of random encounters. Even people sitting in queues for warfronts are out and about doing what high level characters do in high level zones. Stop complaining that no one wants world pvp, grow some balls, and get your *** to a pvp server. Do one zone event in a contested zone on a pvp server, and you will see what I mean.

p.s. Stories of nothing but getting ganked by level 50's on pvp servers are highly exaggerated. I don't kill low levels I run into, not because I'm moral, but because it's just stupid. Most people seem to think that way. And yes, you will die to pvp while leveling, often against other players in your level range. That's what seems to keep people off pvp servers... that's also what world pvp IS. If you don't like it, then admit to yourself you're an instanced pvp person.
    There is a difference bewteen wanting world pvp, and not being able to complete level 15 quests due to 50's in the area. Every pvp server I have ever played is griefer paradise.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 04-18-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Rift Chaser

Doesn't help the world PvP is garbage with no point (played on Sunrest).

Rift Chaser

I do play on a PvP server, but there is rarely any other world PvP beyond ganking people while they're weak. Anything beyond a 1v1 or 2v1 is virtually unheard of.

Ascendant

Why people on pve servers complain there's no world pvp is beyond me. World conflict is unavoidable on a pvp server.
    You've gotta be kidding.
    People are holding hands whenever there's an invasion/a tough rift to close.

I don't mind it personnaly, I still jump them but I think it's very sad when there's 30 defiants one side of a boss and 30 guardians the other side and they're all hitting the boss & being carefull not to accidentally AoE the other faction.

Telaran

Oh Harrow we have quite a few open world PvP wars for control of, say Zeraph's Return. It starts as ganking, but more and more people come and battle back and forth across the porticulum.

Good stuff.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    You've gotta be kidding.

I don't mind it personnaly, I still jump them but I think it's very sad when there's 30 defiants one side of a boss and 30 guardians the other side and they're all hitting the boss & being carefull not to accidentally AoE the other faction.
    I always found that pretty amusing. During the world boss, both factions are focusing on it while taking pot shots at each other.. and then before the body even hits the ground, both sides start wailing on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos View Post
    I always found that pretty amusing. During the world boss, both factions are focusing on it while taking pot shots at each other.. and then before the body even hits the ground, both sides start wailing on each other.
    I have been killed by guards more than players trying to pvp during invasion bosses.

FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    I have been killed by guards more than players trying to pvp during invasion bosses.
    I've been lucky enough that the boss generally gets picked up far enough from a town that it's not an issue.

Lol yeah its ******ed. Sure if the riftboss is hard then let them help us if they want, but my aoe's will still get them, and youre damn sure that imma jump em after the boss is dead.

Very few times I stop my onslaught and its when they make me laugh. There was this mage I attacked after I downed a rift, apparently she wanted some planarite. I charged her and she just stood on her horse and just went "Aww man... And here I was serving some whiskey..." so I stopped and lol'd since I was drinking some black label myself and we went ahead to chat in our drunkness XD Left her with like 200hp just so she cant trick and jump me and we went our ways.

Rarely happens tho, my alter ego isnt compassionate like I am iRL lol

You've gotta be kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Now back at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    There is a difference bewteen wanting world pvp, and not being able to complete level 15 quests due to 50's in the area. Every pvp server I have ever played is griefer paradise.
    Then you are the world's new unluckiest person. Between leveling a character of each calling, with a mage at 50, and my lowest being a warrior at 20, I have been ganked by someone of level ??? a total of.... are you ready for this? Twice.

And as for holding hands and singing songs on world raid bosses, yeah, if you're far enough from a town, I say, start attacking defiants. I've had it happen to me, I've done it to other people. What, are you waiting for permission to attack the flag person 20 yards from you? If world pvp doesn't fall in your lap, then be an instigator. Back in WoW I started skirmishes that turned into the massive wars in higher level zones. And that definately wouldn't have happened on a pve server, because I couldn't have started crap. If you wanna make joint efforts to take down world bosses, that's what pve servers are for. But then don't complain your factions are cooperating on a server that's designed to make sure you can't potshot each other.

You want world pvp? Start it.

And seriously at, once again at ganked McGankederson, sorry you've had such bad experiences, but that's not the norm, give it another go. And yes, sometimes someone may camp your body. Someone with superior skill and gear, but of reasonable level. That's not "I can't get my quests done because I'm being ganked," that's "I should probably play another character for a while since right now I don't want to pvp right now and/or no one of reasonable level can help me." And, yeah, the "I don't want to pvp right now" is why you have pvpers on pve servers. They want pvp on their own terms. Well, that's not world pvp. Sorry.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos View Post
    This is fun when it happens, but it rarely does ( at least on the shards I play on ).

People are so afraid to start up a war (between, you know, ennemy factions) that they usually don't even counterstrike when you jump them during an invasion.
    I mean, just yesterday I was on my cabalist/inquisitor, we were maybe 20 of each factions on a boss, and I was channelling directly to the ennemy line, then blasting the **** out of them with tyranny/obliterate...
    Killed (with the help of the boss obviously ) about 10 of them during the fight ( some of them multiple times ). Only of 1 them replied.

They're so scared that jumping me would start some faction war and they'd end up taking 5 more minutes taking down the boss.

I mean, my channeling was a straight line between both factions, everyone could see it. Yet they didn't do anything.

It sucks that most people complain that pvp is so void in the game... That there should be some reason/motives for world pvp... well THIS is a motive... Screw the other team over a boss fight. And you know you'll always see plenty of them. But they still just want to pve. And sometime just a 30 seconds fight after the boss is down, then back to questing/pve... Got to wonder why people pick PVP servers to play on.

Then you are the world's new unluckiest person. Between leveling a character of each calling, with a mage at 50, and my lowest being a warrior at 20, I have been ganked by someone of level ??? a total of.... are you ready for this? Twice.

And as for holding hands and singing songs on world raid bosses, yeah, if you're far enough from a town, I say, start attacking defiants. I've had it happen to me, I've done it to other people. What, are you waiting for permission to attack the flag person 20 yards from you? If world pvp doesn't fall in your lap, then be an instigator. Back in WoW I started skirmishes that turned into the massive wars in higher level zones. And that definately wouldn't have happened on a pve server, because I couldn't have started crap. If you wanna make joint efforts to take down world bosses, that's what pve servers are for. But then don't complain your factions are cooperating on a server that's designed to make sure you can't potshot each other.

You want world pvp? Start it.

And seriously at, once again at ganked McGankederson, sorry you've had such bad experiences, but that's not the norm, give it another go. And yes, sometimes someone may camp your body. Someone with superior skill and gear, but of reasonable level. That's not "I can't get my quests done because I'm being ganked," that's "I should probably play another character for a while since right now I don't want to pvp right now and/or no one of reasonable level can help me." And, yeah, the "I don't want to pvp right now" is why you have pvpers on pve servers. They want pvp on their own terms. Well, that's not world pvp. Sorry.

If you are of equal level as me, camping my body really doesnt affect me, I have ways of getting away/consumables to help get my feet. I have never had a problem with a single or even two people like level people as me camping mycorpse so successfully I had to switch characters. The problem is the people at a much higher level that consumables, stealth, anythign else you can use to get back up and running are gonna mean nothing. And as far as "starting world pvp", I do the best I can, being the one guy exposed to however you want to start the fight as I am flagged and you arnt, I dont mind losing, even a pitched fight, if the guy isnt +10 level higher than me.

You've gotta be kidding.

The older players (funny how it sounds, the game being out for half a blink of an eye) generally are calling for folks to watch AoEs, etc - while the newer players are taking the potshots.

I'll be honest guys, I don't get this "motivation" stuff you're talking about. What do you mean you don't feel motivated to world pvp? It's nameplate is red. What more reason do you need?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast