+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ATTENTION DEVS: {LOTHAM] Population Imbalance

Telaran

Default ATTENTION DEVS: {LOTHAM] Population Imbalance

I'll keep this short and sweet.

We're outnumbered on the Guardian side like 3 to 1 at level 50. (and I think I'm being conservative)

Any of the big outdoor events go like this.

Our Apollo raid team (or Apollo + as many Guardian raid teams we can rally)

Will wipe out a round of Defiants. Many times if it's solely Apollo we are known over the last 4 years of not only holding our own but generally winning even in the odds of 2 to 1. (Not bragging, just saying we're fairly organized)

----

What happens in every scenerio the Defiants call up a swarm (that would make a bee hive jealous), and suddenly it's 3...5....or 6 to 1 in favor of Defiants and meanwhile the Guardian side is (tapped out...like WWF style)

----

Ok ....so here is a compounding issue.

If we do wipe them the first round......there are NO PVP PENALTIES ON PVP SERVERS.......so what do they do? Continously Zerg rush us by racing to their graves free of charge, meanwhile spamming their guild rosters of (ffs ....hundreds of players per guild). With NO PVP PENALTY.....any large outdoor fight simply degenerates into who can zerg more players on the scene.

Hands down. Defiant can out zerg us....with 100% certainty....24 hours a day, 7 days per week.

---

My plea:

1. Put in open world PVP Penalties. Do this in Stillmoor and Shimmersand. The other sounds really don't have this issue because 50's care about "end game" stuff. Give them cool downs....sickness.....charge them coin....enough to hurt the wallet after 3 deaths in a row from mindless zerg.

If we wipe them once and it costs them a collective sum of plat. They will at least begin thinking twice before just..."auto rush" mode while they swarm in greater numbers.

This will in turn allow the Guardians to perform "Guerilla Warfare" (see the movie The Patriot)......we would be able to at least employ the tactics of hit and move, and organized strike teams to drive some sort of fear into what simply is...."a giant mass of zergling lemmings.....with swords and #$%#"

As it stands right now.

We're simply zerg food.

If you opened up Transfers today there might not even be a Guardian server left.

Just so you know!

Deca
    War General of Apollo
    PS-- LOTHAM NEEDS MORE GUARDIANS JOIN TODAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Anavar View Post
    I'll keep this short and sweet.

We're outnumbered on the Guardian side like 3 to 1 at level 50. (and I think I'm being conservative)

Any of the big outdoor events go like this.

Our Apollo raid team (or Apollo + as many Guardian raid teams we can rally)

Will wipe out a round of Defiants. Many times if it's solely Apollo we are known over the last 4 years of not only holding our own but generally winning even in the odds of 2 to 1. (Not bragging, just saying we're fairly organized)

----

What happens in every scenerio the Defiants call up a swarm (that would make a bee hive jealous), and suddenly it's 3...5....or 6 to 1 in favor of Defiants and meanwhile the Guardian side is (tapped out...like WWF style)

----

Ok ....so here is a compounding issue.

If we do wipe them the first round......there are NO PVP PENALTIES ON PVP SERVERS.......so what do they do? Continously Zerg rush us by racing to their graves free of charge, meanwhile spamming their guild rosters of (ffs ....hundreds of players per guild). With NO PVP PENALTY.....any large outdoor fight simply degenerates into who can zerg more players on the scene.

Hands down. Defiant can out zerg us....with 100% certainty....24 hours a day, 7 days per week.

---

My plea:

1. Put in open world PVP Penalties. Do this in Stillmoor and Shimmersand. The other sounds really don't have this issue because 50's care about "end game" stuff. Give them cool downs....sickness.....charge them coin....enough to hurt the wallet after 3 deaths in a row from mindless zerg.

If we wipe them once and it costs them a collective sum of plat. They will at least begin thinking twice before just..."auto rush" mode while they swarm in greater numbers.

This will in turn allow the Guardians to perform "Guerilla Warfare" (see the movie The Patriot)......we would be able to at least employ the tactics of hit and move, and organized strike teams to drive some sort of fear into what simply is...."a giant mass of zergling lemmings.....with swords and #$%#"

As it stands right now.

We're simply zerg food.

If you opened up Transfers today there might not even be a Guardian server left.

Just so you know!

Deca
    War General of Apollo
    PS-- LOTHAM NEEDS MORE GUARDIANS JOIN TODAY!
    3:1 is way conservative. It's at least 5:1 but I think it's actually worse. Gratz Trion on not putting a faction pop cap.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

It is good for our warfront queue times over on Sunrest for you all to have an imbalance! So thanks!

guardians are not in the minority on all servers. on spitescar defiants are heavily outnumbered.

+ Reply to Thread