+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancer - Corrosion doesn't heal, why?

Shadowlander

Default Chloromancer - Corrosion doesn't heal, why?

I've recently started to play Chloromancer in WFs, due to the fact that defiant Clerics think they can out-DPS a mage... anyways.... Corrosion deals life damage, yet it does not heal. Has anyone else recognized it? Between Corrosion and Lifegiving Veil, you should have a decent hot for those Warrs that target you. And since on-demand healing is slim to non for Chloro's this really needs to be fixed.

I would venture to guess that Corrosion is counted as all other (except WV, since it has it's own healing component) DoTs are. They do not heal every tick via LGV, only the first one.

That said, I don't honestly know if I've noticed LGV/Corrosion healing on it's first tick of the first target it hits.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Shadowlander

Hmmmm... I'll have to check next time I use it. I still think it should heal for each tick of damage it does to surrounding enemies. I mean Void Life, Natural Splendor, and Stream of Reclamation all heal for each tick of damage, makes no sense that Corrosion wouldn't.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by mthree5150 View Post
    Hmmmm... I'll have to check next time I use it. I still think it should heal for each tick of damage it does to surrounding enemies. I mean Void Life, Natural Splendor, and Stream of Reclamation all heal for each tick of damage, makes no sense that Corrosion wouldn't.
    No, stream doesn't heal each tick, just the first tick, and the same with Void Life. All channeled spells are considered DoTs, so they only heal on the first tick. Natural Splendor will heal with each tick, because the spell actually heals with each tick. You're only getting LGV heals from the first tick though.

As for corrosion, it's an AoE spell, and the coefficient for aoe healing from LGV is drastically lower, and it does only heal for the first tick.

+ Reply to Thread