+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So this is what Wf's are becoming!!!!

Soulwalker

Default So this is what Wf's are becoming!!!!

Yesterday on my shard...three times...people were wanting to set up pre-mades...but...this is what they were asking...."Looking for clerics and pryo's...no other classes need to apply"..
    so getting on my cleric i decided to check this out....yep..4 pyro's and me as their healer...umm wow...First they didnt need heals at ALL...so switched to dps...oops wrong...I died while the pyro's lived...yelled in wf chat why this was? as i am standing in the middle of my pre made group..rogue's explained to me..."wtf would we attack a pyro when we cant kill them....but we sure the f..k can kill u"

Thumbs up

Personally, I loved your story.
    Last edited by WarTornPanda; 04-18-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Rift Chaser

there is truth in that story

1) Pug premades are premades but also pugs.
    2) Attacking the healer is good horse sense.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Rift Disciple

funny, i played a black garden today got in 1 minute after the start with the score at about 6-80 to them. My entire team was sitting in the spawn area complaining about pyro's and refusing to play.

Odd thing was though we had just as many pyro's on our team as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybull View Post
    funny, i played a black garden today got in 1 minute after the start with the score at about 6-80 to them. My entire team was sitting in the spawn area complaining about pyro's and refusing to play.

Odd thing was though we had just as many pyro's on our team as they did.

Guess they have never heard the expression "Fight fire with fire" before eh. ;)

Soulwalker

in case u didnt read..i switched to dps...the case i was proving is pryo's dont need heals...simply because they have enough damage mitigation...or people are scared to attack pyro's because they cant be killed....but the most important point i was saying is...pyro's and cleric will soon be all that is in wf...melee classes may as well sit on they azz's..or switch to a range spec...

Something like;
    Vk / champ
    Bard / mm
    Sc/dom
    Just / inq
    Chloro / lock

Should beat 4 * pyro and full heal cleric easy. Squirelled healer, mana drain / silence / purge all, focus 1 pyro at a time.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    Something like;
    Vk / champ
    Bard / mm
    Sc/dom
    Just / inq
    Chloro / lock

Should beat 4 * pyro and full heal cleric easy. Squirelled healer, mana drain / silence / purge all, focus 1 pyro at a time.
    Have you actually played against 3+ pyros before? In the time it takes all 5 of you to bring down 1 Pyro or their healer, their team has dropped 4/5 of you.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    Have you actually played against 3+ pyros before? In the time it takes all 5 of you to bring down 1 Pyro or their healer, their team has dropped 4/5 of you.
    So very true

Shield of Telara

Pyros need to be buffed, they are not good enough.

GoS should make you completely immune to damage also, that would ballance PvP!

Soulwalker

You guys really are hilarious, I personally love when he said pyros don't need heals and are unkillable lol. I'm only level 40 but I haven't found anything in the game that I can't kill by myself as a rogue.

Me and my guild do warfronts, we run a rogue - warrior - warrior assist train with a cleric and bard on support atm. We have gone up against several pyros before and we usually 2 shot them over and over, maybe in the next 10 levels pyros get their god mode abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    the healer is squirelled
    All the pyros have been aoe silenced and drained (they pack togther to maximize aoe right?)
    Your saying you can't focus down 1 mage that isn't getting heals while the other 3 can't attack?

Vk and justiqiz can 1 on 1 a pyro, I know I play both.

I'm bot saying pyros aren't op, they certainly are, but a group with mixed capabilities including builds that counter pyros will beat a group with less flexibility because its packing 4 identical builds
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Plane Touched

Sounds like you ran with 4 really bad pyros if they let anything get through all of them and kill their healer . . .

Pyros 1v1 are not all that bad (except maybe against warriors, especially the ones that spec into heavy cc specs where they become useless - good job there really). The most powerful thing about pyros, is clerics or other pyros. You get 2 or 3 and they support each other and become crazy powerful. You get a cleric healing and the mitigation they have is crazy.

I hope what Trion does to nerf them (and this is coming from someone currently playing pyro) is:

1. Keep the damage mitigation of ground of skill for 1v1 balance, however, make all healing reduced by 30% or even up to 50% when in ground of skill.

2. Take away the stun from AoE - it's just stupid. Maybe even from instants.

3. Make GoS a 1min CD that last for 50 secs. Then the pyro actually has a window where they have to kite and use their tricks (which currently you can almost forget you have) to survive the focus for the window and then try and reapply GoS).

Those would be the best balancing I could think of.

The damage itself is fine - if you duel a pyo 1v1 and you are a decently specced cleric of the same gear and skill level, the pyro should not be able to kill you.

A fotm specced rouge can kill a pyro 1v1. A pvp spec lock/anything mage can easily 1v1 a pyro.

It's just paper/scissors 1v1.

Agreed they need a nerf when combined with healers though.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    the healer is squirelled
    All the pyros have been aoe silenced and drained (they pack togther to maximize aoe right?)
    Your saying you can't focus down 1 mage that isn't getting heals while the other 3 can't attack?

Vk and justiqiz can 1 on 1 a pyro, I know I play both.

I'm bot saying pyros aren't op, they certainly are, but a group with mixed capabilities including builds that counter pyros will beat a group with less flexibility because its packing 4 identical builds
    LOL - I would love to see you try this in practice. Like I said above, 1v1 pyros aren't great. 4 pyros and a healer = you lose. Why would they stack themselves for AoE? Their AoE is a rnaged cast.

They will not AoE - they will line up and take each others target and go hit macro, tab target, hit macro, tab target, hit macro, tab target etc - and your entire team will be dead even as they were discussing how to attempt to cc the pyros and/or healer . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast