+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvP is flawed / failure...

Soulwalker

Default PvP is flawed / failure...

Rift PvP is so flawed... healers are too OP....even 4 vs 1 a healer can stand his ground untill help arrives... boring as hell!

They have CC's that doesnt break when dealing damage.
    They have unlimited mana
    They have pretty high damage output.

roll a healer or don't play PvP.

This is why I just quit my subscription.

...and to the fanboys that is DEFINITELY going to defend this game more then they'd stand up for a good friend (if they had the time to make friends) yes.... i AM leaving. This post is just for the ones considering buying Rift and wants to play PvP. DONT!

Play League of legends or WoW, even Age of Conan, but DON'T buy this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Manomilleville View Post
    Rift PvP is so flawed... healers are too OP....even 4 vs 1 a healer can stand his ground untill help arrives... boring as hell!

They have unlimited mana

...and to the fanboys that is DEFINITELY going to defend this game more then they'd stand up for a good friend (if they had the time to make friends) yes.... i AM leaving. This post is just for the ones considering buying Rift and wants to play PvP. DONT!

There is more to pvp than Moar Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Shield of Telara

They have unlimited mana

Your post is pretty much an advertisement for rift, just so you know.

People like you don't play this game. Thank god.
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

They have unlimited mana

your post is so full of stupid and plainly wrong points that I would have to spend the whole afternoon trying to correct them.

Instead of that I will simply say you are probably the worst player I've ever seen, and that the game is better off without you. and I dont use "worst" ligthly, Im 100% positive I could train a blind dog to play Rift and it would be billions of times better than you'd ever be.

Plane Touched

<-- mfw "healers are OP" when it's possible to chain incapacitate us for like fifteen full seconds.

That said, I do find healing to be pretty easy in this game. I don't know if it relates purely to the effectiveness of my heals, but sometimes it feels like they're a little too cheap (except the AoEs and some of the longer cast, bigger heals), especially Warden HoTs.

Aside from that, I don't really feel overpowered as a healer, and the only times I feel underpowered is when I spend the entire match with my skill bar blacked out (which really has more to do with other skills and isn't really a cleric balance issue).

I'm not as familiar with the other classes, their abilities and limitations, but as far as gameplay is concerned I would be very, very careful about skills/skill chains that result in loss of player control for more than two or three seconds. In general I find incapacitation to last far too long in this game; by a factor of two or three at least. Ten-fifteen seconds is a long-*** time in the middle of a fight.
    Last edited by Arkanfel; 04-18-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Queue for warfront + Smile = Enter warfront + Thinking he is op + trying his hardest to kill a healer + o**** wtf i am actually a bad player + blaming the game + rage-quitting + Making a thread = Cancelling Subscription

Thats my math on this guy.
    <Unleashed> of Icewatch
    Recruiting!
    Website

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    your post is so full of stupid and plainly wrong points that I would have to spend the whole afternoon trying to correct them.

Instead of that I will simply say you are probably the worst player I've ever seen, and that the game is better off without you. and I dont use "worst" ligthly, Im 100% positive I could train a blind dog to play Rift and it would be billions of times better than you'd ever be.
    Acutally he has a point. Healers do seem to have to much survivaibly. In the codex last night a healer stood up to ~10 people doing constant damage and with no help from others. The guy actually ran back ot his warcamp and half way across the map taking damage from about 10 people. This is with my crits keeping a 50% heal debuff on the guy the entire time. I am sorry but that is bad game design.

I am not quiting but Trion is jacking up a few fundamental elements to pvp:

1) Ranged dps should never equal (or even come close) to melee dps. This is due to the inherent advantage of ranged over melee and postioning. This was violated when they buffed pyromancer. The buff to rogue dps is just stupid and foolish in the context of pvp but warranted in pve.

2) Healers should require team support and not be impossible to kill in pvp. Healers should not die in seconds but this is only because said healer has support from there group. The current set up with healers being nigh impossible to kill is bad game design.

3) Class pvp synergy is to weak in this game. This is not a statement regarding a single players abilities but the entire group of other players. For pvp the classes must be dependent on each other to enforce team play and reward those that take the time to organize and play well. Right now all you need is a pyro mage spamming OP abiliites with an invicible healer to win. This was the primary mistake made in many other games.

So.. .The guy is right. In between his raging.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Acutally he has a point. Healers do seem to have to much survivaibly. In the codex last night a healer stood up to ~10 people doing constant damage and with no help from others. The guy actually ran back ot his warcamp and half way across the map taking damage from about 10 people. This is with my crits keeping a 50% heal debuff on the guy the entire time. I am sorry but that is bad game design.
    I am sorry but that's not bad game design, it's a bad team. If that healer was tanking ten people, it means no one was stunning, fearing, or otherwise incapacitating him at any point. As a healer myself, I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty that he'd have gone down faster than Monica Lewinsky at "Meet the Interns Night" if incapacitation had been involved.
    Last edited by Arkanfel; 04-18-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Telaran

My main was an Assassin/Rift Stalker/Bard build and I quit him when 1.1 nerfed rogues and made alot of the assassin abilities bugged. I switched to a cleric (now level 30) and they are OP lol. I play a Sentinel with a spalsh of two other classes. I can tank heal in Warfronts which is fun, but I admit it is very OP when I can hold my own solo against up to 7 players. Last night was my record for soloing in pvp, taking on 7 other players downing 4 before I got dropped, (Thats cause I ran out of mana haha). Spellpower is on the sucky side but power doesn't matter when I have a couple spells that almost fully heal me along with a nice shield spell that absorbs 600 damage before fading and a buff that soaks 40% damage taken

Imo, Trion doesn't need to really nerf Clerics, just balance out healing with spellpower damage/melee. A cleric should be the best at healing but not insane like they are now, but also should be decent in melee with spells or weapons. So tone down the heals and increase melee and I think that would make them less OP and more balanced.

In my opinion, pvp is way better with over powered healers than underpowered healers. Healers increase your time pvp'ing, making healers into paper essentially makes everyone into paper., except classes with Full Self Heals that are instant cast.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 04-18-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Plane Touched

Really?

I think the other team was just full of bads. If a 7v1 cannot take out a healer... either that healer is getting other heals, or the attacking force is just sitting on their thumbs.

I can kill a healer constantly spamming on my assassin build with debilitating poison (increases mana cost). Eventually they run out of mana, i'm still on them, and I can kill them. It takes a while, but I can do it.

If your class has an ability that reduces healing, or increases mana cost, or causing damage when a magic user casts a spell, etc etc., and you do NOT take it... and you pvp? You are bad. It makes it so much easier to kill any class, if their abilities cost more or are less effective.

I am starting to see a lot of QQ threads about melee vs. healers, but I don't see anyone posting their specs.

Here is my current PvP Build @ level 47.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...fodbo.VckI0q0M

That's what I use to close gaps, keep behind the healers, keep burning them down. Also, they need to not be afraid of switching poisons during the battle. Get that debilitating poison off, switch to the crit one. Flip back and forth if needed.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    No, that's just 10 really bad players. There's a mathematical hard cap to how much healing someone can do within a certain span of time. Cleric shields all have cooldowns. 10 people all beating down on one cleric should have (theoretically) been able to end that cleric in about 3 seconds (and that three seconds would be time to kill a non-healer twice.) A well played cleric can stand up against 2 well played offensive characters if they're specced appropriately. As far as how many baddies a well played cleric can hold their own against...the sky is the limit.

When I go up against a well played cleric on my rogue, I can barely outstrip his heals/shields. Throw a second player in and the cleric is as good as dead. Stop and think about that for a moment. If two players can do what 10 of you couldn't, what does that say about the 10 of you?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Really?

I think the other team was just full of bads. If a 7v1 cannot take out a healer... either that healer is getting other heals, or the attacking force is just sitting on their thumbs.

I can kill a healer constantly spamming on my assassin build with debilitating poison (increases mana cost). Eventually they run out of mana, i'm still on them, and I can kill them. It takes a while, but I can do it.

If your class has an ability that reduces healing, or increases mana cost, or causing damage when a magic user casts a spell, etc etc., and you do NOT take it... and you pvp? You are bad. It makes it so much easier to kill any class, if their abilities cost more or are less effective.

I am starting to see a lot of QQ threads about melee vs. healers, but I don't see anyone posting their specs.

Here is my current PvP Build @ level 47.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...fodbo.VckI0q0M

That's what I use to close gaps, keep behind the healers, keep burning them down. Also, they need to not be afraid of switching poisons during the battle. Get that debilitating poison off, switch to the crit one. Flip back and forth if needed.
    And the healers you kill are bad at PvP lol, posion doesn't mean anything when a Sentinel can remove them. I have never been felled by a rogue solo. I eat rogues up. The only class so far to show me any challenge is another Cleric. Rogues are in Rift since there 1.1 nerf are only good when ganking and thats it, or beating up low levels shamefully.

I don't show my specs for my own reasons, just know 90% of my points are spent in Sentinel. As I said before its easy mode playing one. The only issue is when you finally run out of mana, but in warfronts I have my own tactics for that and pick my points of battles so I can get away once my mana is about out to slip somewhere and drink water and get back in. Majority of times I play warfronts the most I die in one session is twice, I generally can make it through warfronts with 0 deaths and my deaths are usually my fault for being greedy and trying to get one more kill in before watering up aand getting mana back. In warfronts I tank heal, I attack as often as I heal.

They have unlimited mana

ITT: Guy no one knows quits and nobody cares.

Move along.
    I'm that guy.

Telaran

There are a couple of things need to fix:

1) 20% of damage breaks any form of CC. This will fix cc lock and death.

2) After CC is over, there needs to be short period of time of CC immune. Avoid CC lock

3) There needs to be debuff after a big heal is applied so that the next big heal won't heal anything during that debuff window and you can't spam big heal non-stop. This will fix healing issue and undying clerics. Not sure how to change this in the current game. This is something game developers can look into it.

4) Substantial increase of nature mana regen number.

The above is what Age of Conan uses in its own combat system.

AoC has the best combat system. The only reason that game suffer is Funcom (AoC developer) has done very poor marketing and there is no cross server pvp games.
    Last edited by Princess Lily; 04-19-2011 at 10:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast