+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A "possible issue" with Port Scion.

Default A "possible issue" with Port Scion.

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I tried searching and couldn't find anything about this.
    It may also not be that big of a deal really and I can probably guess that someone would say something otherwise, or do this to counter it etc etc. Honestly, any tips about this would be much appreciated , or if there's any other instances like this that balance it out?

Forgive me for my crudely drawn diagram :P
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9...ondistance.png

Now as you can see in the image, there are lines representing the routes a team can take to get to the bridge. Now I am aware that we could do other things instead of getting the bridge at the start etc, but you can't deny its usefulness of it being a very nicely placed respawn point once captured.

But essentially every time I played, it seemed the Guardians were always able to get to the bridge way before the Defiant. The last red line that is outlined shows that as soon as we turn the corner at that point, Guardians are already at the bridge capping it and ready to meet us as we come up to bridge.

Personally to me, that seems slightly unfair :P. Sure we can "better" them and beat them and take it, but it would be nice to have an all out brawl as we meet head on at the bridge at the same time, not when they've had enough time to get there and begin capping it as the Defiant only just get it in their sights.

Granted they need to wait 60 seconds before the bridge is capped and they can respawn there, but they also get players back their quicker than we do to reinforce it after they have died till it is capped.

I may just be seeing the small picture here, maybe I suck at pvp :P, maybe there's WF's where the Defiant are favoured (Can't say I've seen any though?), but any helpful comments, anything that can be pointed out that I am missing would be greatly appreciated , or maybe this is correct and it is an unfair advantage?

Rubicon Sadists - Casual Defiant Guild - Steampike EU
    | Core i7 920 @ 3.2GHz | ASUS Rampage II | 6GB DDR3 RAM | ATi XFX 4890 1GB B.E. | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

Quote Originally Posted by Zhokel View Post
    Apologies if this has been discussed before, I tried searching and couldn't find anything about this.
    It may also not be that big of a deal really and I can probably guess that someone would say something otherwise, or do this to counter it etc etc. Honestly, any tips about this would be much appreciated , or if there's any other instances like this that balance it out?

Forgive me for my crudely drawn diagram :P
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9...ondistance.png

Now as you can see in the image, there are lines representing the routes a team can take to get to the bridge. Now I am aware that we could do other things instead of getting the bridge at the start etc, but you can't deny its usefulness of it being a very nicely placed respawn point once captured.

But essentially every time I played, it seemed the Guardians were always able to get to the bridge way before the Defiant. The last red line that is outlined shows that as soon as we turn the corner at that point, Guardians are already at the bridge capping it and ready to meet us as we come up to bridge.

Personally to me, that seems slightly unfair :P. Sure we can "better" them and beat them and take it, but it would be nice to have an all out brawl as we meet head on at the bridge at the same time, not when they've had enough time to get there and begin capping it as the Defiant only just get it in their sights.

Granted they need to wait 60 seconds before the bridge is capped and they can respawn there, but they also get players back their quicker than we do to reinforce it after they have died till it is capped.

I may just be seeing the small picture here, maybe I suck at pvp :P, maybe there's WF's where the Defiant are favoured (Can't say I've seen any though?), but any helpful comments, anything that can be pointed out that I am missing would be greatly appreciated , or maybe this is correct and it is an unfair advantage?

Riding up on someone in the act of capping an objective gives you the person riding up a huge advantage on the person capping.... if you can interrupt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    Riding up on someone in the act of capping an objective gives you the person riding up a huge advantage on the person capping.... if you can interrupt them.
    That's true, but it's not just one person there at the beginning, you can expect to see a wall of Guardians standing there to protect the person capping the flag? And the fact by the time you get to them, due to the distance, they have probably already capped it? In my experience it's like that anyway.

| Core i7 920 @ 3.2GHz | ASUS Rampage II | 6GB DDR3 RAM | ATi XFX 4890 1GB B.E. | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

Shadowlander

Wow!

If this is true, that the road for Defiants is longer, then I think it should be looked at and changed.

Great find Zhokel, I personally don't see anything wrong with your theory.

Kind of a big thing this!

this is correct there have been several post and most people in my guild have reported it. Best bet is have someone with the 125% steed and lights hammer run in quick, if you jump down the ramp instead of go down it you will get there only slightly after them about 1 second. hit them with the lights hammer and it will stun them off.
    Unless i forget to mount up or they use the rogue 100%+ temp damage mit bug i knock them off then we fight it out.

Rift Disciple

lets switch guardian and defiant starting points only fair
    Last edited by Supra99; 04-18-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supra99 View Post
    lets switch guardian and defiant starting points only fair
    I think we should do this in all wf's regardless to balance. Make it more fun different.

Prophet of Telara

There are numerous issues in the game that tend to give the guardian side a slight edge, I think it's by design

Soulwalker

i've definitely noticed this
    Tyr - Sunrest Rogue
    Hailing From PT and Badlands

Rift Disciple

Your lines are wrong, Defiant are meant to cut through the 2 buildings right next to the bridge and it's the same.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cody900 View Post
    Your lines are wrong, Defiant are meant to cut through the 2 buildings right next to the bridge and it's the same.
    No it's not, the fastest way for Defiant to get to the bridge is the dark red lines cutting the angles and jumping across the stairs (not riding down them). Replacing one right angle for another with the exact same endpoint does nothing to the distance.

I recently started a thread about this same issue, and its not just Port Scion.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Disadvantages

Not enough qqers to get Trions attention thou =/
    P8rogue P7mage P5warrior

I SUPPORT ARENA FOR RIFT

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    No it's not, the fastest way for Defiant to get to the bridge is the dark red lines cutting the angles and jumping across the stairs (not riding down them). Replacing one right angle for another with the exact same endpoint does nothing to the distance.
    You could actually invert the blue line representing the Guardian route and flip it over to the Defiant side and it will almost perfectly mark the Defiant route to the bridge.

Prophet of Telara

Yeah it just looks like there's less clutter along the guardian route

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    You could actually invert the blue line representing the Guardian route and flip it over to the Defiant side and it will almost perfectly mark the Defiant route to the bridge.
    There is a lot of stuff in the way of Defiant though that they have to go around while Guardians appear to have a clean route straight to the bridge.

And did what you said, literally... maybe too literally? It does just go through houses :P, also misses the mark of the bridge and falls short.
    http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/2...ndistance2.png

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast