+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why are premades allowed?

Telaran

Default Why are premades allowed?

This is a QQ post.

Regulos is the only pvp server in the battlegroup and it seems that the defiant side of our server are the only ones to create premades and they pretty much so spawn camp 90% of the time. When you see a few notorious individuals you KNOW your side is losing because of their synergy and gear level. These players barely even move, they just focus targets and heal, and if there isn't organization on our side, its a steamroll.

I come from Global Agenda where I was a top 5ish recon in the game, and in the top agency Threat. As a shooter there was such a huge discrepancy in skill amongst the player-base that the devs instituted a 2man max queue for pvp missions because the top agency at the time would win almost every game with 4 people playing together, despite the inclusion of a true-skill system that is meant to balance player skill. Now that the game has gone completely f2p they are back allowing 3 man queues and the *****ing against certain agencies has already begun. One reason they were able to get away with this is that there was a game mode called Agency vs. Agency which is a 10v10 pvp/production management system that allowed larger groups of people to pvp together.

It seems to me that a similar system would make sense, or provide a team-queue option to be matched up against other premades, because right now it seems that matches are extremely unbalanced, with premades having quite an advantage. Obviously, there is simply a competitive imbalance at play, but at the same time casual pvpers like myself don't really want to keep playing when they are spawn camped for 4 straight games.

tl;dr solo and team pvp should be separate game modes. *tears

Wink

Part of the skill of pvp is teamwork and communications

What else is there to do for pvp guilds other than make premades

Keep loosing to premades, simple solution, make your own premade.

why should good players who play as a team towards the objectives be dragged down by it all being about the bad solo dps chasers.

I wish rift warfronts were MORE teamplay based like guild wars and warhammer, at present their only marginally better than wow (tanks still have a little role in rift at least). what your proposing sounds terrible in my opinion, if you just join solo and make it more about individual twitch less about team coordination, might as well just play a fps instead.
    Last edited by krilly; 04-18-2011 at 06:22 AM.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Telaran

The point is that 95% of players ARENT using organization and voip, why should they play with the players that are? Why arent there team-based gameplay modes for those people? GA catered to both of these groups successfully. Merc was for solo and 2-man queues and there was in game-voip but it wasn't a necessity / super common. Organized play had its own place and was ultimately more fun, but at least you had the option to play alone and be viable.
    Last edited by VOldis; 04-18-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Voip has very little to do with it

Fps like tf2 and ca have integrated Voip

Teams that play together all the time still beat random soloists.

If you want premades to face other premades the rewards need to be better than for pug vs pug. It takes more skill to beat a premade so the rewards should be greater.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol

Telaran

Great, that is a whole step further than actually providing the option, but it sounds like you are at least receptive to the idea.

The other issue that premades are eventually going to get their rewards and be extremely bored and quit. In GA it got to the point that in organized play we would AFK-win because no one could beat us and many people quit. Recently we just had an ava-draft of the top players to inject some more excitement into team play. Steamrolling just gets boring. At this point I've just lost seven in a row and just walking into the enemy to piss them off. I'd consider myself a decent player too..

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    simple solution, make your own premade.
    Simple solution, make premades fight other premades.

Aka a fair matchmaking system that every pvp game on the market has. Astonishing i know.
    Gladiators Warrior Rogue Hunter Priest RIP Arena
    Fixa - Prestige 6 Stormcaller - deleted because defiant are useless.

Telaran

Why? Why do we have the mindset that this HAS to be a requirement? Seems pretty narrow-minded to me.

and premade vs. premade is more fun than against random pug, but what is the point without a ladder, ranking or tournaments? Random groups fighting each other with different gear and skill level isn't fun in the long-run either.
    Last edited by VOldis; 04-18-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Part of the skill of pvp is teamwork and communications

What else is there to do for pvp guilds other than make premades

Keep loosing to premades, simple solution, make your own premade.

why should good players who play as a team towards the objectives be dragged down by it all being about the bad solo dps chasers.

I wish rift warfronts were MORE teamplay based like guild wars and warhammer, at present their only marginally better than wow (tanks still have a little role in rift at least). what your proposing sounds terrible in my opinion, if you just join solo and make it more about individual twitch less about team coordination, might as well just play a fps instead.
    Why would good players suffer if groups only faced groups and solo only solos?

I hear a little, I like the fact that my group gets to dominate in war fronts in your post .

If you want skill to enter into the picture then it seems to me that having another group that is organized, speaks in vent or Ts, in other words on equal footing, would be the challenge you want.

I have been a supporter of this Idea since it was first brought up in beta and would love to see it implemented.

And by the way Rift's warfronts are exactly like warhammer's. Same faults and imbalances.

I think regular dungeons should drop greenscale loot it's only fair on those players who don't have guild with voice comms that run regular groups. Come on casual pve players should be able to run as pug and get them epic greenscale gears.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol

Quote Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
    Why would good players suffer if groups only faced groups and solo only solos?

I hear a little, I like the fact that my group gets to dominate in war fronts in your post .

If you want skill to enter into the picture then it seems to me that having another group that is organized, speaks in vent or Ts, in other words on equal footing, would be the challenge you want.

I have been a supporter of this Idea since it was first brought up in beta and would love to see it implemented.

And by the way Rift's warfronts are exactly like warhammer's. Same faults and imbalances.
    Nah nothing like war pvp mate, there's no interclass reliance as in war. No one enters a rift warfront going "oh no not enough tanks were gonna get overrun"
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol

Telaran

WTF does this have to do with gear? I just want to have fun pvping...

God, I don't normally play MMORPGs but now I know why there is hate for the mentality of its players...
    Last edited by VOldis; 04-18-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Because bad players in pugs would get their pvp sets quicker as they would be playing other bad players. It gives more weight to all these 100% pve guys that come crying on the pvp forums when they say "pvp is easy way to get gear"
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol

Telaran

THATS what you are complaining about? Fictional numbers in a system that doesn't exist? You think they couldn't use logic and scale rewards? Or how about this, they get rid of gear entirely in pvp? MAKE IT FUN.

Soulwalker

Because bad players in pugs would get their pvp sets quicker as they would be playing other bad players. It gives more weight to all these 100% pve guys that come crying on the pvp forums when they say "pvp is easy way to get gear"
    So, with that assumption you're basically saying that PvP is for gear grinding, and solo players should not be as good in it as group of coordinated people that join the WFs to stomp the solo players that aren't coordinated?

IMO there's absolutely no merit in premade vs pug, and thus there should probably be even lesser reward from doing so.

Having a solo queue option (where no group queues are allowed) and option for premade vs premade would come along way to make the WF's more fun and challenging to whoever in question. Gear grinding has nothing to do with the issue.
    Genos - Crazy Talk - Whitefall (EU PvP)

Your still saying bad players should do as well as good players by matching bad vs bad. Part of the skill is being organised and working as a team, hell even having Voip shows commitment to winning no?

If your a good player getting anoyed because your up a against premade and you have a bunch of random people with you.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, FIND OTHER GOOD PLAYERS MAKE YOUR OWN PREMADE.

I should point out you can only queue as 5 people anyway, if the other 15 are idiots and your up against 20 people who half know what they are doing, premade won't make much difference anyway.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast