+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion: Please explain the mechanics behind warfront queue times...

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Trion: Please explain the mechanics behind warfront queue times...

From my other thread asking for more servers per battlegroup (which I still think is needed, if not for shorter queue times, then for variety in enemies), it got me to thinking that maybe long WF queues arent due to population but some other factor we are unaware of...

Could you guys let us know how the WF quques work?

Does an instance fire off as soon as the minimum number of people per side is met? (Hence needing more servers per battlegroup for less waiting)

Is there some limit on number of WF running at one time and that causes the wait? (and thus we would need more hardware to support more instance)

What are the factors that go into 5+ min quques? (And if you only WF once a day, then a 5 min queue may not bother you, but for those who love warfronts, more than 30 seconds waiting is highly annoying)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
    From my other thread asking for more servers per battlegroup (which I still think is needed, if not for shorter queue times, then for variety in enemies), it got me to thinking that maybe long WF queues arent due to population but some other factor we are unaware of...

Could you guys let us know how the WF quques work?

Does an instance fire off as soon as the minimum number of people per side is met? (Hence needing more servers per battlegroup for less waiting)

Is there some limit on number of WF running at one time and that causes the wait? (and thus we would need more hardware to support more instance)

What are the factors that go into 5+ min quques? (And if you only WF once a day, then a 5 min queue may not bother you, but for those who love warfronts, more than 30 seconds waiting is highly annoying)

I think it opens when the minimum number of required players is met. Let's say 5. So if 5 join per side, it will then match single numbers. So open 1 slot for guardian if 1 defiant is opened as well, until it is full.

RIFT Guide Writer

Right, we all 'think" that is how it works, which is why there should be more than 3 shards per battlegroup, to ensure that if you want to wf, you can get in one within a minute.

But if that isnt how it works, it would be nice for the Devs to let us know so we can mitigate our frustration. Or tell us if there is something we can do to make them occur quicker.

+ Reply to Thread