+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Trion Please ADD Arena's

Cool Trion Please ADD Arena's

Arena in Rift does not have to be like it is in World of Warcraft, Rift can introduce 6v6, 8v8 and 10v10. Some Arena maps can be death matches like traditional Arena and some could have objectives or both.

ARENA DOES NOT HAVE TO BE LIKE WOW

Rift has so many Soul/Spec combinations, you can ethier spec a full 51 points into one soul and put the rest in a sub soul or spec into 2 Souls grabbing both Souls 31 point talents. This makes it to where no setup can dominate with zero counters like in "cough" World of Warcraft

PVP DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BALANCED AROUND ARENA

Just like in another post some players worry that the forums will become flooded with massive tears of QQ but the funny part is.. like i mentioned in another thread the PvP forums are already flooded with ******edly massive QQ. Arena will just add more PvP content to Rift and a lot of players in my honest opinion will enjoy it.

Add more Warfronts right along with plenty of Arena maps and not just a lame 3 or 4 maps like in WoW. I believe Trion could make Arena in Rift a very very VERY unique and rewarding experience if they wanted to.

Support this thread if you would like to see Arena added to Rift
    Last edited by Jeanirenicus; 04-18-2011 at 02:44 AM.

I endorse this thread.

Telaran

No objectives, no arena, only DAOC RvR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weeds View Post
    No objectives, no arena, only DAOC RvR!!!
    I don't understand what is wrong with everyone that wants open world pvp or RvR. Why can't we have both?

Some selfish people in this game.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    I don't understand what is wrong with everyone that wants open world pvp or RvR. Why can't we have both?

They are on opposite sides of a spectrum you cannot have
    Both. Instanced pvp will make everyone sit in a Capitol city waiting on a que pop than actually RvR'n

Rift Chaser

The arena system does not cater to actual skill of a player, it caters to class combination. In rift a Cleric/warrior team would never be beaten in the current state of the game. There is litterally no way to make arenas balanced with the soul system like it is.

Just cant see how to make it work, and dont see where it would add any value to the game as a whole. I cant see it being implemented with any fan fare on PVE servers, as a whole the systems hurts more than it hels as it removes people from the open world and makes them camp in the capital cities, dugeon finder does the same thing. Lets get some keep seiging and realm rankings so players can be weighed on there ability to overcome is a dynamic environment instead of thinking that pillar hugging is skill.

WoW op, hope you get one shoted by a bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by DArksayian View Post
    The arena system does not cater to actual skill of a player, it caters to class combination. In rift a Cleric/warrior team would never be beaten in the current state of the game. There is litterally no way to make arenas balanced with the soul system like it is.

Just cant see how to make it work, and dont see where it would add any value to the game as a whole. I cant see it being implemented with any fan fare on PVE servers, as a whole the systems hurts more than it hels as it removes people from the open world and makes them camp in the capital cities, dugeon finder does the same thing. Lets get some keep seiging and realm rankings so players can be weighed on there ability to overcome is a dynamic environment instead of thinking that pillar hugging is skill.
    Who is asking for 2v2? Good lord, you guys jump to all sorts of conclusions.

Both. Instanced pvp will make everyone sit in a Capitol city waiting on a que pop than actually RvR'n
    You're ridiculous. How many people have such a difficult time understanding this concept. Players already have the ability to open world PvP. They also have the ability to queue warfronts.

If more people wanted to open world PvP, then they would do it.

Do you ever run around and try to open world PvP, but wonder why no one else is doing it? BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO.

You're ridiculous. How many people have such a difficult time understanding this concept. Players already have the ability to open world PvP. They also have the ability to queue warfronts.

If more people wanted to open world PvP, then they would do it.

Do you ever run around and try to open world PvP, but wonder why no one else is doing it? BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO.
    /sigh, we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

You can have both WoW has both and last i checked TB is pretty populated and so are Arena's and Rated Battlegrounds. What destroyed most of WPvP in WoW was the introduction of flying mounts and the ability to Que for Doungens with out having to travel to them.

Arena would be amazing in Rift, we could have 5v5/6v6 Black garden size maps or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanirenicus View Post
    You can have both WoW has both and last i checked TB is pretty populated and so are Arena's and Rated Battlegrounds. What destroyed most of WPvP in WoW was the introduction of flying mounts and the ability to Que for Doungens with out having to travel to them.

Arena would be amazing in Rift, we could have 5v5/6v6 Black garden size maps or something to that effect.
    Yep, amazing..... a system that exludes so many soul combinations from contention... amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    Yep, amazing..... a system that exludes so many soul combinations from contention... amazing.
    Then play your warfronts and use whatever soul combination that you want. No one is forcing you to arena.

Shadowlander

I endorse this thread, MOAR ARENAS!!!!!!!!!!

Plane Touched

1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 Arenas will not work in a game that IS NOT balanced around PVP. The best Arena setting for Rift is a 10v10 or Black Garden, maybe Codex or Whitefall.

Basically Trion just needs to implement FULL premade vs premade. That would satisfy my Arena taste.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast