+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Trion Please ADD Arena's

i agree

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    Then play your warfronts and use whatever soul combination that you want. No one is forcing you to arena.
    What I do want is an ability to force your op class to be wrong. I can do that in Warfronts, it cant happen in arenas. It sounds to me like you just cant handle having to do more than Moar Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Prophet of Telara

So arena's get added then they'll need to start changing souls to fit with arena. Gear from arena's will outshine pve dungeons and the more experienced player base will spend all their time in arena's without entering war fronts.
    Queues are already too long for WF's with arena's I can see them dying when not within a certain time frame.
    Sure if it was unrated, no favor, no items and like GW's was with random arena's that constantly popped then I'd be all for them. This isn't what you want though is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier1 View Post
    1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 Arenas will not work in a game that IS NOT balanced around PVP. The best Arena setting for Rift is a 10v10 or Black Garden, maybe Codex or Whitefall.

Basically Trion just needs to implement FULL premade vs premade. That would satisfy my Arena taste.
    5v5 wouldn't work? Yes it would. Are you telling me that this game is currently balanced around 10v10 or more? Give me a break. All warfronts except Black Garden usually revolve around smaller skirmishes. Port Scion isn't really even PvP, but even then, the fights are split up amongst varies objectives.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DArksayian View Post
    The arena system does not cater to actual skill of a player, it caters to class combination. In rift a Cleric/warrior team would never be beaten in the current state of the game. There is litterally no way to make arenas balanced with the soul system like it is.

Just cant see how to make it work, and dont see where it would add any value to the game as a whole. I cant see it being implemented with any fan fare on PVE servers, as a whole the systems hurts more than it hels as it removes people from the open world and makes them camp in the capital cities, dugeon finder does the same thing. Lets get some keep seiging and realm rankings so players can be weighed on there ability to overcome is a dynamic environment instead of thinking that pillar hugging is skill.
    well said.

Shadowlander

Default Arena's are needed

This is one area where I think Rift fails. The PvP in Rift relies on too much randomization. Sure you can create a 5-man group, but after that, you get stuck with complete noobs, and your 5-man means crap. I know me and the other hardcore PvPers that just PvP for fun would love a queue for you and your friends. Screw the noobs, screw the masses, and add a WF that takes skill and teamwork from people that you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    What I do want is an ability to force your op class to be wrong. I can do that in Warfronts, it cant happen in arenas. It sounds to me like you just cant handle having to do more than Moar Damage.
    Are you trolling me? Arenas require real strategy. I hate what Saboteurs and Pyromancers were. I want real strategy with real skill.

Warfronts allow keyboard turning, ability clicking baddies to hide in the back and get carried by their team.

Sounds to me like you can't handle a truly competitive environment. What a joke that was...
    Last edited by WarTornPanda; 04-18-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    So arena's get added then they'll need to start changing souls to fit with arena. Gear from arena's will outshine pve dungeons and the more experienced player base will spend all their time in arena's without entering war fronts.
    Queues are already too long for WF's with arena's I can see them dying when not within a certain time frame.
    Sure if it was unrated, no favor, no items and like GW's was with random arena's that constantly popped then I'd be all for them. This isn't what you want though is it?
    NO ONE WANTS GEAR.

Are you even reading the posts that everyone in favor of warfronts is asking for?

Shadowlander

/signedddddd

Rift Disciple

No Don't! This is just another way to destroy any kind of WPVP that is left. Warfonts are already to much and if you want to improve Wpvp Add another rank of pvp with different favor gained from wpvp only. Then add a Higher tier pvp set and new pvp world objectives. Don't Be like wow! If they want arena let them go back to wow and sit in a city all day.

Quote Originally Posted by thapaintrain View Post
    No Don't! This is just another way to destroy any kind of WPVP that is left. Warfonts are already to much and if you want to improve Wpvp Add another rank of pvp with different favor gained from wpvp only. Then add a Higher tier pvp set and new pvp world objectives. Don't Be like wow! If they want arena let them go back to wow and sit in a city all day.
    If people wanted world pvp they would do it. Adding arena isn't going to change the fact that people prefer instanced pvp.

Look. There is world pvp in the game right now. There is a reason that people don't do it. They don't want to. They would rather queue for warfronts and play in a more organized environment.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    NO ONE WANTS GEAR.

Are you even reading the posts that everyone in favor of warfronts is asking for?
    Yeah I am and don't see any mention of gear. Keep responding to every post you disagree to, fanning the flames against your one-sided opinions on success of arena's in Rift.

To many players have been demoralized by the way WoW handled Arena, for a long time Arena was the only end game PvP which lasted for 2 expansions and many players where forced to do it to get decent or better PvP gear.

Trion does not have to make that same mistake in Rift if they add Arena, as I said before PvP balance does not have to be centerd around Arena but PvP in general. None of us Arena enthusiast are asking for the best PvP gear to be provided through Arena.

We just want some form of Competitive PvP, if that leads to some type of Rated Warfronts then ill be fine with that also.

As long as Trion does not add flying mounts or the ability to Que for Doungens and World PvP objectives are added, WPvP will be fine. Even if Trion adds PvP objectives to the world, WPvP is still in the players hands.
    Last edited by Jeanirenicus; 04-18-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    Yeah I am and don't see any mention of gear. Keep responding to every post you disagree to, fanning the flames against your one-sided opinions on success of arena's in Rift.
    Here you go buddy. From just two other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhali View Post
    bragging rights alone, hell yeah. I'm all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calva View Post
    Why should there be arena if there is no rewards.........god dam your slow, its only been said a million times. All we want is something competitive for us to strive for....AKA ratings. The only reward is bragging rights and that's all we want. How is that to much to ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Liper View Post
    Arenas are fine, there shouldn't be any reward for it except a ranking thing though. That way there's no gear or anything like that required from arenas, it's just a place to go duel or play the pvp lolz you want in a ranked setting.
    Next person is asking for nothing beyond what is gathered in Warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanirenicus View Post
    Yep, there is massive QQ now with out Arena. All Arena will do is add more PvP content to this game, Arena should offer everything Warfronts offer including Favor, Prestige and different titles but they both offer the same rewards. The devs still dont have to Balance PvP around Arena ethier, they can still balance it around Warfronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizle View Post
    ...There are lessons to be learned from Blizz's implementation of arena. If anyone can make it work, Trion can.

Suggestions:
    • Ratings only provide non-combat items like mounts, titles, pets etc. (therefore ppl that don't want to arena don't feel pressured to do arena)
    • Don't implement a 2v2 as it is too imbalanced (as blizz realized and stopped rewarding in WOTLK).
    • Make the rating system simple and intuitive (MMR, PR, TR, etc in WOW are ridiculously complicated).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mraz View Post
    I wish there was arenas for two reasons.

reason 1 - the defiant stink on my server grouping and we lose 99% of the time.
    this could provide an alternative to controlled pvp instead of getting my butt kick in every wf i enter.

reason 2 - i like the the competitive style and team size of the arena.

they dont have to make completely new gear and stuff for the arenas, trion can just keep the prestige vendors and allow arenas to give prestige and favor if you for participating.

if they do that this may allow people on the defiant side of my server to catch up to the rank 6 players on the guardian side that constantly destroy us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    I see no reason not to as long as it is a alternate form of PVP with nothing special and you get the same Favor/Prestige as a low level Black Garden.

I am always for alternate forms of gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    I would support 4v4 arenas and up. Nothing lower. 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 are all horribly imbalanced. Edit: 4v4 at least allows people to not be totally FotM to win.

Also, no special gear. No special anything. Leaderboards, and that's it.

Edit: Irrelevant post.
    Last edited by WarTornPanda; 04-18-2011 at 10:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast