+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Waittime for battlegrounds is HILARIOUS

Default Waittime for battlegrounds is HILARIOUS

At my server the wait to get on battlegrounds is hilarious. Not unusual to be in line to enter 3 hours or more. As someone that enjoys PvP alot more than PvE grindfiests this is not acceptable. Currently at 48, but at 50, if you cant enjoy instanced PvP, what are really left to do, except the occasional raid?

I think at current I recognize 3 different servers in my BG groups, but they need to fix that so every server is included. Then i believe the wait would be alot shorter and PvP could actually be something to do in the game. Argument that more mature servers would have an edge on gear over newer servers doesnt really cut it.

This must be adressed ASAP, or this game will be dead to PvP'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuck View Post
    ITT: Person complains about non level-capped content. Nothin to see here.
    The problem is consistent also at level 50.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Baluba View Post
    At my server the wait to get on battlegrounds is hilarious. Not unusual to be in line to enter 3 hours or more. As someone that enjoys PvP alot more than PvE grindfiests this is not acceptable. Currently at 48, but at 50, if you cant enjoy instanced PvP, what are really left to do, except the occasional raid?

I think at current I recognize 3 different servers in my BG groups, but they need to fix that so every server is included. Then i believe the wait would be alot shorter and PvP could actually be something to do in the game. Argument that more mature servers would have an edge on gear over newer servers doesnt really cut it.

It's a PVE game with PVP added as an afterthought mate. you want a PVP focused game then you are in the wrong place im afraid.

Best advice if you want to stay in rift though is to head on over to the Argent server. longest record i have had so far is 56 mins and that is rare. On average its around 15 to 20 mins other than peak euro time.
    Peak euro time you do one after another. But i suppose that meand nothing if your not in the EU

Rift Master

Nothing changes at 50 that I see.
    I join a queue it says 3-19 min average wait usually.
    I'm there anywhere from 30m to 2hrs. Sometimes I've been in wait so long I forgot I was in wait until I go to logout then scan my screen and see the flag.

Sometimes I wonder if it's blocking me because I have no rank but I can't get rank if it won't let me in lol
    Of course I have no clue if that's coded in but there must be some reason for the long wait unless the average wait time lies...
    It's possible to that everyone joins in groups? Hell if I know, sometimes I do get put into a match with 5 min or so left and then I get to wait all over again for the next 5 min match.
    That seems like it was because someone left right?
    Last edited by Fernt; 04-18-2011 at 02:50 AM.

Ascendant

i guess you all play guardian? there is unfortunatly a great pop imbalance, so only advise is reroll the other side and you will get instant invites to bg.

Some open RvR zones would eliminate this problem easily and add a more enjoyable aspect to PvP than doing the same warfronts over and over.

Rift Master

dig, defiant here

News just in.Trion dont control timers, people joining the queue do. If not enough people to play , no pop.

..really, its like whining about there not being enough time to play because of work and blaiming the devs for that.

6:55AM EST, Level 50, Defiant side, Wolfsbane. My queue for Codex popped *instantly*.

Man, these wait times blow!
    Last edited by Sonoko; 04-18-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Good, then 99% of the crying and whining will be dead too
    Its easier to get what you want
    with a kind word and a gun
    then just a kind word--
    Al Capone

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    i guess you all play guardian? there is unfortunatly a great pop imbalance, so only advise is reroll the other side and you will get instant invites to bg.
    I play Defiant. The three servers Ive seen in BG is Maidenfall, Quarrystone and Mordant. As long as they already have 3 servers, I cant see the big problem by making BG across all servers. This would reduce waittime and improve the gaming experience alot for people that enjoy PvP.

you play guardian?

cuz if so, that is very likely part of your problem...

first , guardians seem to have more people on some clusters, like a LOT more than defiant side

add to that that most clusters suck for defiant pvp, and most just stop doing it while leveling, and just head to level cap, i know i am, as i wait maybe 5 minutes for the Q to pop but when it does pop , we get steamrolled , as in 500 to 20 in black garden , so i pretty much lose once or twice and then im done Qing up for the day....so guardians get longer Qs because of that at least on my cluster (reclaimer shard is the one i play on)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    How would this fix the queue time problem?

If anything it would make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSquat View Post
    How would this fix the queue time problem?

If anything it would make it worse.
    how would you figure that? the underpopulated sides get near instant queues, there's more demand than there is supply. basic logic.
    *******************PROUD FLAGGOT*******************
    andymonster p8 warrior: deepstrike
    <black flag>: home of the idiotys

General of Telara

What Server? In Oceanic prime-time Wolfsbane (Fresh re-roll, so character only 24) is about 2 to 5 minutes on average. This is on a Monday night as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast