+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PVP is TOTALLY out of whack

Telaran

Default PVP is TOTALLY out of whack

You know as much as I love PVE, quests and all, I HATE PVP. Good riddance. I man, in almost all cases the abilities of both sides were totally out of balance. Usually what happens is this: I enter with some pickup group, since I am no regular PVP gamer, and the other side is all organized with TS and guildmates and all, and you have NO CHANCE. I know't it's always an issue, but here... good grief. I have much rarer seen that from the other side, that my side is vastly superior, but I have seen very few battles with are really balanced. You see it from the perfectly coordinated attacks as opposed to people in my side running like silly. I mean, i know it's just a game, but BOY is the PVP bad.

And it's not because of the out of balance between pro PVPer with TS and casual PVPers like me. When I play my cleric I spent about half the time in some stuns, silenced, transformed into a squirrel or otherwise rendered inable. The bane of CC madness. I mean, as much fun as CC is for PVE, it's just abysmally bad for PVP. Now what to do? If you nerf the CC the PVE would suffer too much and as PVE gamer I'd hate to see more nerf. On the other hand, I think we positively need some different rules for PVP. Like after ONE CC a player is CC resistent for a time, say 15-20 seconds so you can't put him in permastun.

Again the gap between pro PVPers with TS coordination and casual PVPers just so painful. I don't want to make a job of PVPing! But it seems when I have the bad luck to meet some TS pros it means goodbye. And sometimes no matter how often you queue, I ALWAYS end with the same enemies! It aggravtes me to no end. It's just so unfun. If I had a wish, I'd say take ALL the damn CCs OUT of PVP. No one enjoys standing mezzed or silenced by whatever attack. It's just absurd for PVP.

Just my 5ct to the topic.

EDIT: And I have seriously the impression (as I expected) that Defiants are WAY more organized, so me playing Guardian doesn't really help. Its the same bad experience as when I played Ally, because Horde players usually were 10-15 years older and more organized as well. *sigh*
    Last edited by sarnokh; 04-18-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Rift Chaser

Yeah the CC anti-fun is way out of control still, but I think they're catching on

One of the problems is certain CCs can combine to form other CC, for example: unbreakable root + silence = effectively a very long duration stun on any blue bar

And then you're still susceptible to the full duration of a stun, and then another

It's long enough for anybody to die

There are too many ways to take another player's ability to PLAY THE GAME away from them, it makes for a game where you don't need talent, just a heavy CC spec

tau
    Rift Chaser

It's true the game has too much CC, but you can't really blame a pvp enthusiast for forming pre-mades. It's exactly because they mainly pvp that they want to avoid the frustration of seeing their team-mates running around without a clue. If you've decided to pvp you're better of joining a guild that will form pre-mades with you.

As for defiant vs guardians, it really comes down to luck of the draw. If you're always in pugs you're bound to get rolled by most premades, just like defiant pugs will get rolled by guardian pre-mades.

aux

ITT: Inexperienced PvP hater goes PvP and got owned

Quote Originally Posted by sarnokh View Post

EDIT: And I have seriously the impression (as I expected) that Defiants are WAY more organized, so me playing Guardian doesn't really help. Its the same bad experience as when I played Ally, because Horde players usually were 10-15 years older and more organized as well. *sigh*
    oh no...no...no..no...please tell me which server you play on..cause ever since Beta Guardians are waaaay ahead of the curve in WF strategies and premades.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    oh no...no...no..no...please tell me which server you play on..cause ever since Beta Guardians are waaaay ahead of the curve in WF strategies and premades.
    Honestly, I think this is a "grass is greener" mentality. I remember starting out as Alliance, seeing that the Horde seemed more organized, then rolling Horde and discovering that it really wasn't the case.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Lol'd for truth.

Telaran

Exactly THIS mentality has to go! That PVP is only for TS organized pro gamers and that anyone not being able to compete with these is a loser and it's just his fault. This mentality will be a doom of PVP in the long run.

Exactly THIS mentality has to go! That PVP is only for TS organized pro gamers and that anyone not being able to compete with these is a loser and it's just his fault. This mentality will be a doom of PVP in the long run.
    Nah, it's your fault, guy.
    I'm that guy.

Dps clerics have insane long fears and with short cd ..In a fight with some cleircs i got only fear + fear + fear + fear ...Trion need to solve the cc problems

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Dps clerics have insane long fears and with short cd ..In a fight with some cleircs i got only fear + fear + fear + fear ...Trion need to solve the cc problems
    Ahahahaha .....someone stop this buffoon.

@OP - The difference between TS PVP and pugs and TS PVE and Pugs is the same. You do your PVE with TS , but PVP is not allowed with TS?
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-18-2011 at 05:07 AM.

aux

Shall we lower our skill levels when we see a new player join?

Shall we lower our skill levels when we see a new player join?
    It's widely known that in good PVE guilds TS is forbidden and thus, clearly no PVE guild has TS.
    Good PVPers using TS are clearly ruining the game for the good ol' PVEers and simply have an unfair advantage.
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-18-2011 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaynaro View Post
    It's widely known that in good PVE guilds TS is forbidden and thus, clearly no PVE guild has TS.
    Good PVPers using TS are clearly ruining the game for the good ol' PVEers and simply have an unfair advantage.
    LOL.

clearly...
    I'm that guy.

Soulwalker

Again the gap between pro PVPers with TS coordination and casual PVPers just so painful. I don't want to make a job of PVPing!
    Everytime I go into Greenscale with some random PUG, we just get completly owned by the mobs. And some organized Guild Grps are just laughing at the casual PvE gamers just wanting to grab some epix with a random pickup grp :/ the gap between pro PVEers with TS coordination and casual PVPers just so painful. I don't want to make a job of PVEing!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast