+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Dont mix PVP-servers with PVE-servers in warfronts.

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Vivvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default Dont mix PVP-servers with PVE-servers in warfronts.

    Mainly because they dont have the same playstyle.
    Alot of the players from PVP-servers are 10 times better than PVE players when it comes to fighting other players, we simply think in diffrent ways. I usually feel that PVE-players in Warfronts play more casual and cant give the same competition.

    It would be much better if you did PVE vs. PVE ...and PVP vs. PVP.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Being on a PvE server has nothing to do with ability when participating in PvP. A lot of people on PvE just don't like getting ganked while levelling.

  3. #3
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    All in all, kind of stereotypical - and not really applicable.

    I had figured this might have been about more highly populated PvE shards being able to gear up faster than the lower populated PvP shards; but that just goes to show how different the experience is for different players out there.

    There are simply too many shards.
    Leveling to 50 is simply too quick.
    There is simply too little to do at 50.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    Mainly because they dont have the same playstyle.
    Alot of the players from PVP-servers are 10 times better than PVE players when it comes to fighting other players, we simply think in diffrent ways. I usually feel that PVE-players in Warfronts play more casual and cant give the same competition.

    It would be much better if you did PVE vs. PVE ...and PVP vs. PVP.
    Sounds like you are afraid of being farmed. Learn to play a little better and it wont matter what server you come from.
    Irony - Pathiss

  5. #5
    General of Telara Slic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    932

    Default

    I'm sorry, but I cannot disagree with the OP. The OP's generalization is correct enough to manifest itself in our cluster's warfronts.

    I would love to see other pvp servers in my queue, right now the only enemy players I'm weary of are players from my own server (Briarcliff), and while it's sometimes fun picking on those who aren't Briarbads (credit goes to Dalla@Harrow for coining the phrase), I'd really, really like to see how our server's pvp fares against other pvp servers.

    Is there a reason why Trion cannot have all servers be part of one big cluster in wf queue? I dream of the day when I can see players from every server in NA in the same match.
    Last edited by Slic; 04-18-2011 at 03:20 AM.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker ChyeaBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    Mainly because they dont have the same playstyle.
    Alot of the players from PVP-servers are 10 times better than PVE players when it comes to fighting other players, we simply think in diffrent ways. I usually feel that PVE-players in Warfronts play more casual and cant give the same competition.

    It would be much better if you did PVE vs. PVE ...and PVP vs. PVP.
    In other words... "please make my que times longer."

    No thanks, guy.
    I'm that guy.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    I'm on a pve server, and if it were separated from the 2 pvp servers in the cluster I think I'd have half-hour queue times. no thanks!

    And by the way, I've seen lots of baddies from pvp servers and good players on the pve. Don't it think makes a diff
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 04-18-2011 at 06:09 AM.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    I'm on a pve server, and if it were separated from the 2 pvp servers in the cluster I think I'd have half-hour queue times. no thanks!

    And by the way, I've seen lots of baddies from pvp servers and good players on the pve. Don't it think makes a diff
    so you say that taking off 2 servers from your cluster and making one big cluster with ALL pve servers will increase queue times?
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    Mainly because they dont have the same playstyle.
    Alot of the players from PVP-servers are 10 times better than PVE players when it comes to fighting other players, we simply think in diffrent ways. I usually feel that PVE-players in Warfronts play more casual and cant give the same competition.

    It would be much better if you did PVE vs. PVE ...and PVP vs. PVP.
    Your choosing to enter an area with that kind of playstyle. Adapt or die.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    so you say that taking off 2 servers from your cluster and making one big cluster with ALL pve servers will increase queue times?
    Get a clue clueless. No where in the original post does it mention combining all pve servers.
    If you're on a pve server and getting stomped, learn to freaking play instead of whining all the time.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    I actually find that the players most apt to defend losing strategy and play poorly are the ones from the PvP shards in my cluster. Sometimes I get the feeling that their idea of life on a PvP shard is ganking lowbies and gearing from warfronts so that they can better gank lowbies, because a lot of them are absolutely useless against same-level players.

  12. #12
    Telaran vencalven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    you're wrong.
    some guys (no players) goes to low zones to gank lowbies, but they're not good players, they're not good at all, they're nothing, just some kind of crap.

    if they gank 50s, then i will be proud of them, because, is a PvP server, no mercy for the weak. (but the 50s weak) not the lowbies.

    if you love to play PvE shards, nice for you, be a carebear is good, you can share you're flowers, and you're shinny dresses

    what we want is, more people to kill (gimme more carebears to kill from PvE servers)

    And what we want is more PvP outdoor, something to do, not just kill people doing rifts.
    Vencalven Cleric 50 rank 4 <Imperium>
    Vencalven Warrior Priest 85 <Eltharion/Azgal>

  13. #13
    Plane Touched FxyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    288

    Default

    i see the most backpedalling from people on the pve servers in my wfs, so i approve of this thread.
    Gladiators Warrior Rogue Hunter Priest RIP Arena
    Fixa - Prestige 6 Stormcaller - deleted because defiant are useless.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Even if PvE Server players are generally worse in PvP Warfronts (which i doubt), the would learn it over time.
    All shard to one pool would be nice - extremely low queu times

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I think I know why Trion mixed the PVP & PVE servers for warfronts.

    Based on what I experienced, I have a strong feeling that if Trion separated the two, people on PVE servers will start complaining that nobody ques for warfronts while people on PVP servers would be fine.

    If anything, Trion needs to add at least 2 more servers to each warfront cluster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts