+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Riftstalker PVP Exploit: Port Scion Doomed

Ruu

Default Riftstalker PVP Exploit: Port Scion Doomed

Perhaps this is only possible at a higher PVP rank, but in our WF group, it's no longer possible to play Port Scion -- I'm sure this exploit can be used in other WF's. Riftstalker can appear at a sourcestone, take church for instance, and an entire raid can do nothing to interrupt them collecting the stone. To add salt to the injury, they run at hyper-speed, incessantly, and are immune to all forms of CC. In our WF group, one certain player constantly runs sourcestones with impunity. Even if the entire raid is waiting for him, there's nothing that can be done to stop it. More salt on the injury, they are able to vanish while carrying the sourcestones, rendering them stealthed carriers.

Please fix Riftstalkers. In any Warfront, when players are immune to damage and/or CC, they shoudl not be able to pick up objectives, like flags or sourcestones. Likewise, when a player vanishes and becomes stealthed, any flag or sourcetsone they are carrying should be dropped.

[Removed the player name from this post. Please don't publicly accuse others by name on our forums of exploiting or otherwise violating the Terms of Use. Thanks!]
    Last edited by Vespera; 04-21-2011 at 05:59 AM.

I can confirm that this exploit/poorly-though mechanic is allowing port scio to only be won by 1 method.. riftstalkers ignoring the enemy team. Dev respone on this is urgent, as with many of the PvP issues.

I just posted a thread with a video showing an exploiting Rogue:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-in-Port-Scion

This needs to be fixed.
    Taugrim
    50 R8 Cleric @ Dayblind (Guardian) | 50 Warrior @ Harrow (Defiant)
    Twitter: @taugrim | Blog: taugrim.com
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

Quote Originally Posted by Ruu View Post
    In our WF group, one certain player constantly runs sourcestones with impunity.
    Yep, my video was of that player.

It's a shame that some players will resort to non-stop exploiting to win. But it's the responsibility of the Devs to make sure exploits are fixed.
    Last edited by Vespera; 04-21-2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Edited the quote
    Taugrim
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

Shadowlander

AFAIK stealth causes the source stone to be dropped, and using capturing a node breaks stealth. If you are referring to them being immune (shielded) while picking up the fang in Black Garden, I don't know if that is an exploit as it seems to be proper use of abilities, and clerics can do this as well. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you though.

Edit: I reread the thread and have this to add about riftstalkers immunity to CC. They do have an ability that frees them from movement impairing effects and causes them to be immune for 2 seconds (iirc). Were you spamming a root causing DR to the extent that he would become immune?
    Last edited by Makh Khasti; 04-17-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makh Khasti View Post
    Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you though.
    We're not talking about the use of abilities that allow a Rogue (or Cleric) to pickup a node or cap a flag while people are hitting them. That seems to be working as intended.

Imagine a player immune to CC from the time they pickup a Port Scion flag to capping it in their base (and even after that). That's what we're talking about.
    Taugrim

Ruu

Quote Originally Posted by taugrim View Post
    We're not talking about the use of abilities that allow a Rogue (or Cleric) to pickup a node or cap a flag while people are hitting them. That seems to be working as intended.

Imagine a player immune to CC from the time they pickup a Port Scion flag to capping it in their base (and even after that). That's what we're talking about.
    Just to clarify, they begin immunity when they start to pick up the stone. It is impossible to stop the player from either picking up the stone or running it to base.

Shadowlander

So it is an exploit allowing apparently perpetual immunity to damage/cc? If that is the case than I agree this needs to be hotfixed ASAP. Thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by Makh Khasti; 04-17-2011 at 11:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

Don't know if you covered this part, but the stealth he is using is from the Infiltrator tree. The skill actually stealths AND planeshifts the rogue ahead 20 feet or so. For right now, the only suggestion I have to combat this guy other than report the bug is report him for spam. He tends to have a big mouth and likes to spam in shout during the WF.
    Last edited by Vespera; 04-21-2011 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Removed player name

pretty sure they are still susceptible to knockback while immune. Just knock them back when they try to take it.
    If you played FFXI then add me to your friend list.

Shadowlander

Also, you guys should probably edit out the players name according to the no "naming and shaming" policy. Just a friendly heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate2322 View Post
    Don't know if you covered this part, but the stealth he is using is from the Infiltrator tree. The skill actually stealths AND planeshifts the rogue ahead 20 feet or so. For right now, the only suggestion I have to combat this guy other than report the bug is report him for spam. He tends to have a big mouth and likes to spam in shout during the WF.
    Watch my video in the other thread. No warping or plane shifting.
    Last edited by Vespera; 04-21-2011 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Edited the quote
    Taugrim

Koe

Watch my video in the other thread. No warping or plane shifting.
    Clearly he was warping as he had the buffs up from warping. Stop ignoring my posts explaining as to how he WOULDN'T be exploiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Clearly he was warping as he had the buffs up from warping. Stop ignoring my posts explaining as to how he WOULDN'T be exploiting.
    Did you see warping buffs up the latter half of the video, before my second set of 2 CC's?
    Taugrim

Koe

Did you see warping buffs up the latter half of the video, before my second set of 2 CC's?
    Yes. He warped right after he Rift Prison'd you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast