+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyromancers are not OP

Default Pyromancers are not OP

They're not overpowered, it's intended class design to be able to hit for 8k damage with one ability.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/394...0418052343.jpg
    http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4...0418052439.jpg

I dont mind the damage they put out, never had anyone hit me over 2k tbh.

It's the GoS i hate cause as a rogue relying on stuns and a silence it rather hard. :P

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

It actually is intended by design because Trion isn't even taking a look at it.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Telaran

No there not OP not at all .How is any class you can not even get to not OP.No class should be able to 1 or 2 hit any other class. Yep and I thought Mages where bad in wow BUT hell you at least get to hit them once or twice add it up that is 4319 damage as fast as you can blink http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...-18_021543.jpg
    Last edited by garric; 04-18-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor_Ljubavi View Post
    It actually is intended by design because Trion isn't even taking a look at it.
    Tsk, tsk - but they are looking at it. Perhaps it was not fixed yesterday to your satisfaction, but it is something they are aware of and are looking at.

Yes, it would be great if they had fixed it yesterday, a week ago, if they had looked at it before 1.1 since Pyros were already nerfbait then - but they are looking at it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by garric View Post
    No there not OP not at all .How is any class you can not even get to not OP.No class should be able to 1 or 2 hit any other class. Yep and I thought Mages where bad in wow BUT hell you at least get to hit them once or twice add it up that is 4319 damage as fast as you can blink http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...-18_021543.jpg
    Some of you seem to forget that this whole 1 or 2 hitting another class thing happens to most mages by EVERY other class. We get 2 or 3 hit all the time and the pyro is the only class with a great ability of survivability with Ground of Strength damage mitigation and no constant stuns. 1 stun or 1 silence = death for us mages so WHY would we NOT use our GoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedriel View Post
    Some of you seem to forget that this whole 1 or 2 hitting another class thing happens to most mages by EVERY other class. We get 2 or 3 hit all the time and the pyro is the only class with a great ability of survivability with Ground of Strength damage mitigation and no constant stuns. 1 stun or 1 silence = death for us mages so WHY would we NOT use our GoS.
    The problem exists because a single pyro can roll up, throw down GoS and tab destroy four or five people in the span of one cooldown. The other team can do nothing to stop the pyro during his highest burst, including damaging him into the ground.

A few suggestions to balance it:
    Make GoS reduce mages damage going out, much ike guardian phase.
    Reduce Mages total DR available in spec's with heat wave.
    Reduce mages damage.

I honestly think putting some negative effects like lower damage on the GoS is the way to go. It is too much positive gain with too little trade off. That is why the skill is over powered.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 04-18-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

did people cry when shamans used bloodlust with berserker buff and killed 6 people in 10 seconds.

nope, because they realized its unrealistic and doesnt happen.
    Gladiators Warrior Rogue Hunter Priest RIP Arena
    Fixa - Prestige 6 Stormcaller - deleted because defiant are useless.

Soulwalker

lol...i cant stop laughing...mages getting 1 or 2 shot by all other classes..except for pyro's...rofl...lmao...
    before the last patch warriors and sabo's might have done that...but if i remember correctly pryo', warrior and sabo's needed to be on the nerf wagon...but what happened? umm warrior got hit hard, sabo's got hit...as well as many other spec's having to do with rogue...but the pyro's got a boast!!! this happeded even after the numerous post about them...
    I have a mage and the only time i get 1 or 2 shotted is by another mage...that is in any spec i use for him...my cleric has never 1, 2, 3 or 4 shotted anybody...same goes for my warrior...so please dont try and use the excuse that mages have low survivablity...they DON'T...stuns, poly, kiting...etc etc.. give the mage many ways to survive.
    my sons pyro..fresh 50 against my t2 ready cleric...1.5 second casts..no buffs, no gos..just using the 1.5 second cast...oops cleric dead 10 out of 10 every time...mage still having over half health each time...doh..lol not over powered
    As for the patch coming up...hmm..now i could be mistaken but they are releasing it in the next few weeks in the test realms...meaning we wont see anything for atleast 6 weeks...nope not soon enough for me...and by the looks of wf's lately not soon enough for other people...que times are bad which could only mean people have stopped playing wf's or stopped playing the game all together...i am letting my sub run out and that is it for me...

Telaran

ufff if it only was about that single fulminate...
    but pyros deal a huge dmg just by spamming "slow casting (yeah right)" fireballs...
    how a single pyro got this all off in that time is beyond me
    http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...AK/machine.jpg

+ Reply to Thread