+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 128

Thread: Absolutely NO to arena's. Here's my most prime concern as to why.

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default Absolutely NO to arena's. Here's my most prime concern as to why.

    It would require different soul balancing. Some souls would have to be nerfed for the sake of arena's, and others buffed.

    But the thing is, the guys who really want arena say they don't want rewards for doing it, they just like it and have a lot of fun doing it. So logic dictates thus:

    Why in the world should we have Arena's if there is going to be no rewards yet it would screw over a lot of souls (both good and bad) that play in warfronts a lot. Seems like an awful lot of work for something with no reward.

    No to arena's. I don't want my cleric having to worry about everyone having an interrupt, a healing debuff, and a snare because that's what arena's would come to.

    HOMOGENIZATION.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker WarTornPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Wrong.

    Arena balancing would remain viable in larger pvp matches.

    Additionally. Why do arenas have to be small? Why can't they be 5v5? If you think 5v5 balancing is any different than Blackgarden then you are mistaken, my friend.
    Last edited by WarTornPanda; 04-17-2011 at 04:02 PM.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    Wrong.

    Arena balancing would remain viable in larger pvp matches.
    So just because you say this, I'm supposed to take your word for it? World of Warcraft has proven your statement....invalid. Look at how Arena balance is always being thrown in and then affecting players who do battlegrounds.

    Frost Mages are a prime example. Overpowered in everything BUT high rated Arena Matches.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker WarTornPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Wait...so they weren't overpowered against good players?

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    Wait...so they weren't overpowered against good players?

    Wait, so they were overpowered in BG's? Where there's a random chance to have a dispeller or not?

    Seriously, just stop. We don't want your arena bullcrap affecting our warfronts.
    Last edited by Skaarrj; 04-17-2011 at 04:14 PM.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker WarTornPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    408

    Default

    You logic is flawed. BGs were inherently imbalanced due to the random nature of the queue.

    I'm not going to argue with you about whether or not you need a dispeller in WoW to counter frost mages.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    You logic is flawed. BGs were inherently imbalanced due to the random nature of the queue.

    I'm not going to argue with you about whether or not you need a dispeller in WoW to counter frost mages.

    Your argument has no strength. All evidence due to Arena's messing up balance (in BG's and in pvp) can be observed in World of Warcraft. You just ignore it because it's something you don't want to either discuss or are just in denial.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Though I really do like to compete in the arenas, I have to acknowledge that the OP is right. Maybe they can implement some other way of end-game pvp, though.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker WarTornPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    Wrong.

    Arena balancing would remain viable in larger pvp matches.

    Additionally. Why do arenas have to be small? Why can't they be 5v5? If you think 5v5 balancing is any different than Blackgarden then you are mistaken, my friend.
    This is all I need to say.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Lostsoulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmuck View Post
    Though I really do like to compete in the arenas, I have to acknowledge that the OP is right. Maybe they can implement some other way of end-game pvp, though.
    World pvp objectives w/ lasting and impacting results .
    Remove all PVP from PVE servers . they're not PVP'rs , they are the bane of PVP'rs and PVP servers .

    Remove WF's from PVE servers, because they suck at pvp and as a result cause unjust nerfs to classes .

    No new instanced PVP , give us world PVP objectives. do not add arena's or more WF's please . Except ADD THIS ONE WF

    Make all PVP gear craftable and get rid of the WF faction vendors .

    pvp isnt suppose to be about gear . pve is suppose to be about gear ...and grinding that same ****ty instance over and over again for that gear .
    pvp is suppose to be about the other part of the game ...war and hatred for the opposite faction .
    and pve servers are for the players who don't want to be a part of the war

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoulz View Post
    World pvp objectives w/ lasting and impacting results .
    Somewhat, but not the overall answer. The answer is an instance with a large zone with multiple pvp objectives so that zerging them one by one is not the answer. That multiple area's would have to be simultaenously held or destroyed, and that coordination and timing would win rather than the size of your force.

    Something much more fun that WoW's AV, and something akin to Port Scion but on a much much bigger scale.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker mattmillsrocks@gmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I love how you all worry about PvP balancing, what about the PvE community? When you balance PvP you screw us over.

    I play a warrior so i will us the Titanstrike example.

    In PvE, titanstrike was our hardest hitting move that would be used every single cooldown, not for the stun, but for the pure damage it dealt.

    But do to the large stun, PvPers QQed, so trion 1/2ed the stun, and nerfed the damage.

    Now, no self repecting PvE warrior picks it up because we have an 8sec CD aoe that does far more damage, and does not require us to blast a point into the tree to get it.

    Even most PvPers dont pick it up because it his for next to nothing and a 3 sec stun is next to useless in a world of snare/stun breaks.

    If the game balances for arenas, they will fall into the same pit that WoW did, and PvE players will get sick of it and leave. If I wanted to play in Arenas, I would stick to WoW, I came to rift, as did many other players, to get away from that BS and play a game that takes skill.....
    Iuguolo Panton , Licentia Totus Inritus Vita
    Kill Everything, Leave All Void Life

    -Crixus

  13. #13
    Plane Walker WarTornPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Because PvE encounters can be balanced to the players. End of story.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
    Because PvE encounters can be balanced to the players. End of story.
    Do you realize how much more work goes into balancing PvE than PvP? It's stupid to reballance pve encounters around pvp. That's absurd.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Lostsoulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattmillsrocks@gmail.com View Post
    I love how you all worry about PvP balancing, what about the PvE community? When you balance PvP you screw us over.

    I play a warrior so i will us the Titanstrike example.

    In PvE, titanstrike was our hardest hitting move that would be used every single cooldown, not for the stun, but for the pure damage it dealt.

    But do to the large stun, PvPers QQed, so trion 1/2ed the stun, and nerfed the damage.

    Now, no self repecting PvE warrior picks it up because we have an 8sec CD aoe that does far more damage, and does not require us to blast a point into the tree to get it.

    Even most PvPers dont pick it up because it his for next to nothing and a 3 sec stun is next to useless in a world of snare/stun breaks.

    If the game balances for arenas, they will fall into the same pit that WoW did, and PvE players will get sick of it and leave. If I wanted to play in Arenas, I would stick to WoW, I came to rift, as did many other players, to get away from that BS and play a game that takes skill.....

    why do you care what u use in pve as long as your group can kill the bosses and **** ? im pretty sure you can macro every thing into 3 buttons any ways, that sounds like so much fun, and the skill involved while hitting a scripted monster w/ those macros must leave you mentally exhausted after every fight .
    Remove all PVP from PVE servers . they're not PVP'rs , they are the bane of PVP'rs and PVP servers .

    Remove WF's from PVE servers, because they suck at pvp and as a result cause unjust nerfs to classes .

    No new instanced PVP , give us world PVP objectives. do not add arena's or more WF's please . Except ADD THIS ONE WF

    Make all PVP gear craftable and get rid of the WF faction vendors .

    pvp isnt suppose to be about gear . pve is suppose to be about gear ...and grinding that same ****ty instance over and over again for that gear .
    pvp is suppose to be about the other part of the game ...war and hatred for the opposite faction .
    and pve servers are for the players who don't want to be a part of the war

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts