+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Instant Fang Pick-Ups

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    227

    Default Instant Fang Pick-Ups

    Okay, how are people doing it?

    Is there a macro creation? Some sort of warrior talent? What's up?

    I saw instant grabs today quite a bit and it wasnt just me seeing it.

    Is it lag? I doubt it. I never saw my team with an instant grab- not once. The seven times I saw it, it was from the same player each time. Is there a bug that hasnt been fixed yet?


    Anyone else seeing this?

  2. #2
    Luv
    Luv is offline
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Oh sorry, but I have seen better than that
    I was running with the fang back to the center after I killed a carrier. And a guardian was sliding like on an ice rink, kneeling, stuck to me, and pick-pocketed me the fang. As I am new to the game, I even thought that was a rogue ability bahaha. I was alive, well alive with full life, but no more fang. This happened only 3 times.
    Edit: I verified the log, and yes I had the fang then ***** had it.
    Last edited by Luv; 04-17-2011 at 03:39 PM.
    Luv - Kelari Cleric - Whitefall
    Lyu - Kelari Mage - Whitefall
    Tinw - Kelari Warrior - Whitefall
    Kateo - Kelari Rogue - Whitefall

  3. #3
    Ascendant exLupo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    It's possible to start capping the fang before it appears on the screen so it looks instant. The players who have a good sense of timing look like they are exploiting but that's just how it animates. Now Luv, that sounds like a weird lag freakout.

    There are exploiters out there. Just spent the night losing to a premade starring a pair but what you've described sounds like how the game works as normal.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    I dont think the above is exactly the issue; 2 days ago I was in a whitefall stealthed near my own shard waiting for someone to try and grab it, a cleric runs up and grabs it in about 1.5 seconds (was watching cast bar) catching me completely unprepared, since I'd positioned myself for the default 3s pickup.
    I'll try and grab a video of this next time I go def in whitefall.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Lifeline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Byriel - Lowlight
    Posts
    313

    Default

    I'd laugh if abilities that quick cast time reduced what it took to pick up a flag/fang. IE instant cast next spell then try to cap or something like healer's haste.

    I doubt something like that would go unnoticed for this long, but i've never actually tried it.
    If you played FFXI then add me to your friend list.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
    It's possible to start capping the fang before it appears on the screen so it looks instant. The players who have a good sense of timing look like they are exploiting but that's just how it animates. Now Luv, that sounds like a weird lag freakout.

    There are exploiters out there. Just spent the night losing to a premade starring a pair but what you've described sounds like how the game works as normal.
    While that is true for some of the cases I'm sure there have been cases where I have stunned the person when they knelt down to pick it up and they still got the fang immediately in addition to being unaffected by the stun. It should be noted that the fang was down before they were within a proper distance to pick the fang up, a member of my team was already in the process of picking it up before he started, though latency could be that issue, and there was AoE going on (prior to him getting too close I had thrown down a chemical bomb and then used foul play once he knelt.) In such a situation there is something more than just some latency or a slow graphics glitch.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireraven View Post
    While that is true for some of the cases I'm sure there have been cases where I have stunned the person when they knelt down to pick it up and they still got the fang immediately in addition to being unaffected by the stun. It should be noted that the fang was down before they were within a proper distance to pick the fang up, a member of my team was already in the process of picking it up before he started, though latency could be that issue, and there was AoE going on (prior to him getting too close I had thrown down a chemical bomb and then used foul play once he knelt.) In such a situation there is something more than just some latency or a slow graphics glitch.
    Certain souls provide damage immunity to the point where NOTHING can stop them from capturing the fang/shard/etc... Also, if they've already started capturing it, certain stuns will stun them, but not interrupt the channeled ability of capturing, thus still allowing them to capture it.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arvelen View Post
    Certain souls provide damage immunity to the point where NOTHING can stop them from capturing the fang/shard/etc... Also, if they've already started capturing it, certain stuns will stun them, but not interrupt the channeled ability of capturing, thus still allowing them to capture it.
    Alright, I didn't know about that =O Thank you for clarifying this for me now I can stop whining about this elusive Fang glitch. I greatly appreciate your response.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireraven View Post
    Alright, I didn't know about that =O Thank you for clarifying this for me now I can stop whining about this elusive Fang glitch. I greatly appreciate your response.
    No, its not the soul build.

    I play Riftstalker and I can hit my magic button of no damage and pick up the fang.

    It still takes the 6 seconds or whatever to actually pick it up though, regardless of not taking damage.

    It DOES NOT make it instant pick up.

  10. #10
    Telaran Adam J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    US Philly
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    No, its not the soul build.

    I play Riftstalker and I can hit my magic button of no damage and pick up the fang.

    It still takes the 6 seconds or whatever to actually pick it up though, regardless of not taking damage.

    It DOES NOT make it instant pick up.
    This is your answer, its the Rift Stalker class they can disapear and pick it up too, or vanish with it or jump into walls so you can never get it back. Lots of other post on this today.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    186

    Default

    I've lost the fang while still alive as well in a 50 game as well. I grabbed the fang, was running back to the tree, was rocked by everyone on other team, chain cced and then saw the message "fang was returned ..". It was the only time it ever happened but I think the other pre-made was expecting it as they had people camped in the center of the map ready to pick it up.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    No, its not the soul build.

    I play Riftstalker and I can hit my magic button of no damage and pick up the fang.

    It still takes the 6 seconds or whatever to actually pick it up though, regardless of not taking damage.

    It DOES NOT make it instant pick up.
    I thought it was about a second pick up time...

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Does fang pickup break on any damage or damage past a certain threshold? (like mount kickoff?)

    I'm wondering if the top warlock ability would allow you to pick it up no matter what

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animalmom View Post
    Does fang pickup break on any damage or damage past a certain threshold? (like mount kickoff?)

    I'm wondering if the top warlock ability would allow you to pick it up no matter what
    Instantly with any damage, knock back or stun

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser Rolotomasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    I dont think the above is exactly the issue; 2 days ago I was in a whitefall stealthed near my own shard waiting for someone to try and grab it, a cleric runs up and grabs it in about 1.5 seconds (was watching cast bar) catching me completely unprepared, since I'd positioned myself for the default 3s pickup.
    I'll try and grab a video of this next time I go def in whitefall.
    since this post more and more cleric doing this!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts