+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unwritten rules of pvp

Rift Chaser

Default Unwritten rules of pvp

SO from what i see on forums lately i have come to some conclusions..

ROGUES are not allowed to kill mages or clerics
    CLERICS are not allowed to die by warriors or rogues...mm..CLERICS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DIE..fullstop
    MAGES are allowed to kill warrior and rogues,but not clerics
    WARRIORS are allowed to kill mobs,but not too many,would be OP

it's kind of a stupid postbut this is how i see all the posts lately

Soulwalker

Default That's how it feels

That's how it feels atm.

I know some players will flame or say "L2P lol" but when you have so many people feeling that way, whether it's true or not, the perception is enough to cause people to complain and eventually unsub.

Bottom line is people want to feel like their chosen class is powerful and not a joke compared to a small group of classes owning it up in PvP right now.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Soldonzo View Post
    That's how it feels atm.

I know some players will flame or say "L2P lol" but when you have so many people feeling that way, whether it's true or not, the perception is enough to cause people to complain and eventually unsub.

Bottom line is people want to feel like their chosen class is powerful and not a joke compared to a small group of classes owning it up in PvP right now.
    I actually have to agree a bit here. It seems to me that the side of the Warfront with the most clerics is the one that almost always wins. I've seen a cleric being attacked by by four-five other people and only die when CC was properly coordinated, sever minutes into the fight. I've also been in situations where it was me and 1 Cleric healer Vs a large group of DPS and we face rolled them because they couldn't kill either of us more quickly than the cleric could heal. It's kind of sad but at least it's something you can plan for.

However, rogues can kill mages.

Soulwalker

rogues kill anything, although..

what people need to realise is that you need a counter spec to what you're trying to kill. Going in with 1 spec you can't expect to do well against *all* other classes/specs; just a few. Pick your targets based on that and stop reading the whine posts on this forum.

Rift Disciple

Your conclusions are wrong, but I do agree that wardens (the clerics everyone complains about) are op. Healers spec for full survivability and heals and most the time people don't spec for full dps to counter that. They mix in other souls to help them get survivability. In a warfront setting 1 geared hard hitter will make sure that cleric doesn't have much time to throw a heal on other people in the raid and that's how it should be imo.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Steeben View Post
    In a warfront setting 1 geared hard hitter will make sure that cleric doesn't have much time to throw a heal on other people in the raid and that's how it should be imo.
    +1

/10char

+ Reply to Thread