+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: I'm against Premade PVP groups, here is why.

  1. #1
    Plane Walker Essala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    442

    Default I'm against Premade PVP groups, here is why.

    It provides a unfair advantage over randonly qued members. This makes it hard for the other side. Thy have the advantage such as vent and pre planned assaults. Given the randomness on the other team it would be 100% harder to do the same. Before you say "Make your own team. Problem solved." Its not that simple. I use the warfront for the xp and to break away from the grind.

    My suggestion? Give premades there own Warfronts.

    You agree? If not explain why.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    162

    Default

    randomly queued players are already at a disadvantage. Why, just today I was in a group with 7 rogues and a DPS mage.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Yes, we all know WHY people don't want to be in a PUG against a premade.

    However, the server pools are not large enough to support such a feature.

    Premades would have to wait hours and hours to get one BG.

    And to avoid this, they would all use vent to queue up at the same time and hope to get put in the same BG.


    Before this happens, trion needs to figure out how to increase the server pools. Which is needed for more than just this (I'd love to be able to play port scion at least once).
    Once this pools are increased, it will make the dungeon finder a much stronger system, and open the doors to premade pvp groups, and also rated battlegrounds.
    Last edited by PapaSquat; 04-17-2011 at 02:38 PM.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Duvain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    780

    Default

    I prefer PvP to PvE myself but have mixed feelings over restrictions on premades.

    If Trion can get a sufficient amount of warfronts to actually pop, I would be in favor of a solo only or premade only selection, but would prefer it to be a third/fourth option in the join screen.

    ie solo no premades or premade, no solos

    I personally would love to go guild on guild in a warfront.

    I do not want to deny people access to the warfronts and I have zero knowledge regarding how many people choose not to wf pvp now due to the systems currently in place..

    The fully PVE geared, pyro/healer Premades insta gibbing people can be annoying but it is currently part of the game I am paying to play.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara Erszebet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Essala View Post
    It provides a unfair advantage over randonly qued members. This makes it hard for the other side. Thy have the advantage such as vent and pre planned assaults. Given the randomness on the other team it would be 100% harder to do the same. Before you say "Make your own team. Problem solved." Its not that simple. I use the warfront for the xp and to break away from the grind.

    My suggestion? Give premades there own Warfronts.

    You agree? If not explain why.
    Sorry but, make your own team, problem solved.

    Think about what your asking. "You guys need to keep people from grouping in pvp because I wan't it to be easier while I use it to level."

    This kind of reminds me of the guy who shows up to your raid and wants to play the game his way.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Erravi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSquat View Post
    Yes, we all know WHY people don't want to be in a PUG against a premade.

    However, the server pools are not large enough to support such a feature.

    Premades would have to wait hours and hours to get one BG.

    And to avoid this, they would all use vent to queue up at the same time and hope to get put in the same BG.


    Before this happens, trion needs to figure out how to increase the server pools. Which is needed for more than just this (I'd love to be able to play port scion at least once).
    Once this pools are increased, it will make the dungeon finder a much stronger system, and open the doors to premade pvp groups, and also rated battlegrounds.

    What I'm wondering is, as far as I know Trion only has two server farms. One for US and one for EU, so I'm not sure why they even have "wargroups". I was under the impression wow did this because they have many farms all over the us and they group them by location.

    If Trion doesn't share that set up, wouldn't it be better to just put all NA servers in one Wargroup and all EU servers in another?

    On a side note, I too also support pre-made vs Pre-made queues and pug vs pug queues. I'm sure this will get flamed by pvp'ers who enjoy farming PuGs however.

    Sage advice for life: All people are A-holes at heart, Mother Teresa would spit in your face and **** your *** with a broken broom handle as long as her anonymity was guaranteed. Always hope for the best in people, but never expect anything more then the worst.

  7. #7
    Luv
    Luv is offline
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Aiya all
    That concerns the PVP & Warfronts section, so this will probably moved there.
    Also there is already a subject concerning this (18 pages):
    Pre-mades must fight pre-mades.
    So this will be probably merged.
    Luv - Kelari Cleric - Whitefall
    Lyu - Kelari Mage - Whitefall
    Tinw - Kelari Warrior - Whitefall
    Kateo - Kelari Rogue - Whitefall

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Beslley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSquat View Post
    However, the server pools are not large enough to support such a feature.

    Premades would have to wait hours and hours to get one BG.
    WoW twinks already experience this.
    The amount of players per battlegroup or whatever are just not large enough to segregate the battlegroups in this point in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignotus View Post
    Two weeks of foreplay and hype, and then the actual "event" is over in 1 hour. I wonder if this is how women feel.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Erravi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Sorry but, make your own team, problem solved.

    Think about what your asking. "You guys need to keep people from grouping in pvp because I wan't it to be easier while I use it to level."

    This kind of reminds me of the guy who shows up to your raid and wants to play the game his way.
    Not every server has abundant pre-mades going at all hours of the day. And even if they did, 10+ random people picked out of /50 are still not going to beat a serious rank 6 steamroller of a pre-made.

    Pre-mades to me are no different then clan rooms in any fps, the big difference is I've never seen an fps clan defend farming unorganized groups of random players. Personally speaking, I'd rather fight another pre-made in my guild wfs then pugs, but maybe I just actually enjoy challenge in my pvp..

    Sage advice for life: All people are A-holes at heart, Mother Teresa would spit in your face and **** your *** with a broken broom handle as long as her anonymity was guaranteed. Always hope for the best in people, but never expect anything more then the worst.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Lostsoulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    i believe cry babies have ruined pvp in mmo's by making devs resort to instanced pvp as the norm . that being said , i think people who now cry about instanced pvp being unfair should be removed from pvp servers and lose access to any/all instanced pvp .... and players on pve servers shouldnt have access to instanced pvp ever . you're not pvpers, youre half *** cry babies who get classes nerfed cause you suck at pvp . and you make pvp have zero impact on a player .so on and so forth .

    just imo..

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    l2p

    /10char

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Dirtyoldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    194

    Default Plz Move this To the PVP section of the Forums.

    Plz Move this To the PVP section of the Forums.
    PVE servers for PVE Players
    PVP Servers for PVP Players
    If you grief on a PVE server the DM should remove that player to a PVP server with the loss of all his/her gear just to give them a little grief.
    All you hear from PVPers is nerf this nerf that I got owned by my mum nerf her and carebears did this.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erravi View Post
    What I'm wondering is, as far as I know Trion only has two server farms. One for US and one for EU, so I'm not sure why they even have "wargroups". I was under the impression wow did this because they have many farms all over the us and they group them by location.

    If Trion doesn't share that set up, wouldn't it be better to just put all NA servers in one Wargroup and all EU servers in another?

    On a side note, I too also support pre-made vs Pre-made queues and pug vs pug queues. I'm sure this will get flamed by pvp'ers who enjoy farming PuGs however.
    I've heard 3...but either way, yes it's stupidly low.

    And considering the amount of shards they're running it's quite confusing.

    I'm not too keen on the whole server running process, so I'm sure there's a good reason right now servers are not put into much larger groups...but I think it's something trion should really work toward. Considering even at peak hours port scion pretty much never happens...I think something needs to be looked into and soon. I want to focus more pvp than pve, and having to wait forever for battlegrounds is just not going to keep me into this. I've resorted to ganking. All those 40-49 trying to level in stillmore and shimmer...blame trion not me.

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Overall it would be very much preferable to have pugs vs pugs and premades vs premades for both parties it would be more fun that way.
    Sadly the battlegroups atm are hust not big enough to support that, or the queue doesn´t work very well.
    they have to merge battlegroups or if the queue tool is causing problems fix that, 10 to 30 min on prime time is pretty unacceptable (and I heard from battlegroups that are far worse).

    If then the queue times are significantly better ie max 5 min during prime time they can think about completely seperating premade and pug bgsm seeing that premade fights are a lot more demanding then pug fights I would say a slight 10-25% favor and prestige boost wouldn´t be bad.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts