+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How would you rate Rift's PvP?

Rift Disciple

Default How would you rate Rift's PvP?

If you were going to give a letter grade to Rift's PvP what would it be?

For instance: A+, I love their pvp and cant get enough of it. I spend the hours of the day where I am not in game constantly thinking about how awesome it is. All of my friends feel the same way. My pve guild has been lured away from running instances and is now hard core pvp all the way. Your class balance is top notch and everyone feels like a super hero and able to contribute. Just a wonderful job Trion ... I <3 U

Plane Touched

I'd rate it as archaic, because the system they gave us was created 6 years ago. Nothing new or fresh here unfortunately.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DaSneakyGit View Post
    I'd rate it as archaic, because the system they gave us was created 6 years ago. Nothing new or fresh here unfortunately.
    Way to follow instructions ... DaSneakyGit also gets an A+ and a pat on the back for being super intelligent

B up to lev 50
    C- after 50, used to be fun but Scion seems to be becoming a Stormcaller aoe/Pryo bomb fest on the bridge which was cool for a while, getting bored now. Like the days of DAoC powerbombing top of G1

Shadowlander

I'd rate it C-

Why?

1) No thought has been put in place with premades joining warfronts
    2) The class balance is a joke.
    3) There is no communications exactly what their plans are for PVP.
    4) Open world PVP servers with no goals.
    5) The Gear/rewards are substandard.
    6) Matchmaker is crap. Tired of getting tossed into games already in progress, ie, 8-447 game I just got tossed into..

Been here done this 6 years ago friends. PVP is just a bullet point on a box to have initial box sales.

I done PVE for over 10+ years. If their forcus is on PVE, then they are screwed because WOW is way ahead of them.

Telaran

D+

-Terrible class balance: pyro mages are twice as good as any other dps, some other mage souls do too much damage also (Stormcaller for example), mages bring too much control for their damage/survivability. Warriors lack survival cooldowns/mobility. AoE healing is far too strong; single target healing too weak. Some cleric-dps specs do too much self-healing, not enough damage. Rogues have buggy stealth, seem weak in a lot of areas, too strong in others.
    -PvP souls are too weak compared to the regular souls, really no reason to invest heavily in the pvp soul.
    -The soul system basically ensures pvp will never reach class balance (the soul system would be a huge plus though if they could actually reach class balance).
    -Too many I-WIN cooldowns. Not enough high-skillcap abilities like glassy reflection (spell reflect) that need to be used with precis timing to reach maximum potential. Right now, most classes can just mash buttons at random (or use macros) and do far too well.
    -AoE damage is absurd. Seems like the best strategy is usually always to do bursty AoE damage over single-target swaps.
    -CC is absolutely painful in this game. You can't target anything, your camera constantly switches directions randomly, you get feared into the terrain and become stuck (very often). Most stuns (especially bull rush), make the target fall through the ground for the duration of the stun and becomes un-targettable. Many other cc's make people just warp around randomly and become unhittable.
    -Too many AoE-CC's, snares, silences, etc. AoE-cc have no target caps, nothing better than seeing a single warrior aoe-fear 20 people on a 30 second cooldown.
    -CC diminishing returns are extremely buggy.
    -Damage in general is too bursty (especially pyro mages). HP pools are too low, valor is not potent enough.
    -No end-game for pvp except grind the same four warfronts; Need more warfronts, need more styles of warfronts (like a deathmatch), need some world pvp incentives, need arenas (with objectives too so it's not just a 3v3 to the death like in WoW).
    -Need better gear rewards at the highest pvp ranks, need better pvp gear while leveling (the rep associated with pvp gear makes lowbie pvp gear nearly impossible to actually use).

Pretty much sums it up.
    Last edited by Insaen; 04-11-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Plane Touched

I did read your post actually, I gave it an A...for archaic. :P

F-

They copied world of warcraft pvp, and made it worse. Rift pvp is like a cheap knock off purchased outta someone's car.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dallan View Post
    C-, for an objective rating. It is traditional, generic fantasy MMO PvP that has been bolted onto a PvE game.

B+ for a subjective rating. I enjoy it despite it being a repeat of other generic, fantasy MMO bolt-ons.

Rift Disciple

-8. feels like it was meant for a 5 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Dallan View Post

For instance: A+, I love their pvp and cant get enough of it. I spend the hours of the day where I am not in game constantly thinking about how awesome it is. All of my friends feel the same way. My pve guild has been lured away from running instances and is now hard core pvp all the way. Your class balance is top notch and everyone feels like a super hero and able to contribute. Just a wonderful job Trion ... I <3 U
    You must be a guardian

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    -8. feels like it was meant for a 5 year old
    A, B, C ... X, Y, Z. Those are letters.

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, etc. Those are numbers.

Just in-case you weren't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaen View Post
    D+

-Terrible class balance: pyro mages are twice as good as any other dps, some other mage souls do too much damage also (Stormcaller for example), mages bring too much control for their damage/survivability. Warriors lack survival cooldowns/mobility. AoE healing is far too strong; single target healing too weak. Some cleric-dps specs do too much self-healing, not enough damage. Rogues have buggy stealth, seem weak in a lot of areas, too strong in others.
    -PvP souls are too weak compared to the regular souls, really no reason to invest heavily in the pvp soul.
    -The soul system basically ensures pvp will never reach class balance (the soul system would be a huge plus though if they could actually reach class balance).
    -Too many I-WIN cooldowns. Not enough high-skillcap abilities like glassy reflection (spell reflect) that need to be used with precis timing to reach maximum potential. Right now, most classes can just mash buttons at random (or use macros) and do far too well.
    -AoE damage is absurd. Seems like the best strategy is usually always to do bursty AoE damage over single-target swaps.
    -CC is absolutely painful in this game. You can't target anything, your camera constantly switches directions randomly, you get feared into the terrain and become stuck (very often). Most stuns (especially bull rush), make the target fall through the ground for the duration of the stun and becomes un-targettable. Many other cc's make people just warp around randomly and become unhittable.
    -Too many AoE-CC's, snares, silences, etc. AoE-cc have no target caps, nothing better than seeing a single warrior aoe-fear 20 people on a 30 second cooldown.
    -CC diminishing returns are extremely buggy.
    -Damage in general is too bursty (especially pyro mages). HP pools are too low, valor is not potent enough.
    -No end-game for pvp except grind the same four warfronts; Need more warfronts, need more styles of warfronts (like a deathmatch), need some world pvp incentives, need arenas (with objectives too so it's not just a 3v3 to the death like in WoW).
    -Need better gear rewards at the highest pvp ranks, need better pvp gear while leveling (the rep associated with pvp gear makes lowbie pvp gear nearly impossible to actually use).

Pretty much sums it up.
    A+A+A+A+ Ralphie
    Last edited by TerminusEst; 04-11-2011 at 05:32 PM.

B- Since we're so close to launch still. The Dev's need time to iron out the wrinkles but if things don't improve within the next month or two I'd say a fat D.

The WF are all recycled ideas from other games. Port Scion I spend most of my time as a healer getting chased by mobs. How is that fun or even PvP? It isn't. Glaring imbalances, nerfs to souls that really were for the most part just fine while leaving other souls which truly were over the top untouched. No communication from the Dev's in regard to class balancing. Communication has always lacked in other game and I hoped for once Trion would keep their players informed. It isn't happening. And last but far from least ... no world pvp objectives, stuck grinding tiresome and boring warfronts for prestige.

GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 RotP 4/4 HK 10/11
    Pvp rank 8 Rogue - Age of Aggression.
    www.resultgaming.com

Plane Touched

I am so tired of the "it just came out" ****, what happened to releasing finished, polished products? They had how many years of development time? And all they came up with is a complete clone of WoW? Also if you think the soul system is unique, it isnt. It's just a 3 tree spec system just like WoW or Warhammer, the only difference is they have 8 classes each and gave you 2 bonus role slots.
    Last edited by DaSneakyGit; 04-11-2011 at 05:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast