+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How would you rate Rift's PvP?

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    If there would be a persistent world rts/fps then you would have a point but there is none to my knowledge (though one in development I believe), real pvp games are more then just a balanced fight, they impact the world, they change it... fps/rts have the same minigame pvp warfronts offer.
    I know I harp on about this a lot, but EVE Online gives you a game built around PvP with galaxy changing consequences. All aspects of the game from market place, scanning through to ship and fleet based combat is based on triumphing over other players.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Insaen View Post
    D+

-Terrible class balance: pyro mages are twice as good as any other dps, some other mage souls do too much damage also (Stormcaller for example), mages bring too much control for their damage/survivability. Warriors lack survival cooldowns/mobility. AoE healing is far too strong; single target healing too weak. Some cleric-dps specs do too much self-healing, not enough damage. Rogues have buggy stealth, seem weak in a lot of areas, too strong in others.
    -PvP souls are too weak compared to the regular souls, really no reason to invest heavily in the pvp soul.
    -The soul system basically ensures pvp will never reach class balance (the soul system would be a huge plus though if they could actually reach class balance).
    -Too many I-WIN cooldowns. Not enough high-skillcap abilities like glassy reflection (spell reflect) that need to be used with precis timing to reach maximum potential. Right now, most classes can just mash buttons at random (or use macros) and do far too well.
    -AoE damage is absurd. Seems like the best strategy is usually always to do bursty AoE damage over single-target swaps.
    -CC is absolutely painful in this game. You can't target anything, your camera constantly switches directions randomly, you get feared into the terrain and become stuck (very often). Most stuns (especially bull rush), make the target fall through the ground for the duration of the stun and becomes un-targettable. Many other cc's make people just warp around randomly and become unhittable.
    -Too many AoE-CC's, snares, silences, etc. AoE-cc have no target caps, nothing better than seeing a single warrior aoe-fear 20 people on a 30 second cooldown.
    -CC diminishing returns are extremely buggy.
    -Damage in general is too bursty (especially pyro mages). HP pools are too low, valor is not potent enough.
    -No end-game for pvp except grind the same four warfronts; Need more warfronts, need more styles of warfronts (like a deathmatch), need some world pvp incentives, need arenas (with objectives too so it's not just a 3v3 to the death like in WoW).
    -Need better gear rewards at the highest pvp ranks, need better pvp gear while leveling (the rep associated with pvp gear makes lowbie pvp gear nearly impossible to actually use).

Pretty much sums it up.
    Backed.

Pretty much this.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Treras View Post
    I know I harp on about this a lot, but EVE Online gives you a game built around PvP with galaxy changing consequences. All aspects of the game from market place, scanning through to ship and fleet based combat is based on triumphing over other players.
    Yes I played it for a while, but sadly I canīt seem to get excited about my avatar being a spaceship and the combat frankly was a bit too slow paced for my liking. But it is a great game no doubt about it, tastes just differ, shadowbane on the other hand despite its last century graphics and its myriad of bugs when it came out was really nice.
    Last edited by Balduran; 04-11-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Plane Touched

Played EVE for 2 years, please stop acting as if your know everything and your opinion is better. It's not, nor is this games PvP any good. Last response as you derail your own thread.

Final Grade: F-

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DaSneakyGit View Post
    please stop acting as if your know everything and your opinion is better
    Not that I am, leastways not from where I am sitting, but when you pay my subscription fees you can dictate what I do or not do. In the meantime, as long as you talk to me I'll respond. That is the whole point of a discussion, isn't it?

Shadowlander

D
    Warfronts were old and stale long before the game was ever made and as much as I hate WoW, it pains me to say theirs were actually more fun. Since they couldn't hold me there, they wont hold me here either.
    There are no open world objectives that anyone seems to care about in the least.
    The devs lack of communication in this area is pushing myself and those I know out of the game faster than any of the above. Only thing they could do worse is lie to us flat out.
    Class balance? If we had better reasons to PvP, I'd likely care more about it.
    I am not having fun in PvP and its got little to do with getting two shotted by (insert previous, current or future class here) and allot to do with not having a reason to fight that I care even the slightest bit about.

I'd have to give Rift PvP a solid C for now since it's only a month old.

Some things that I'd like to see in PvP:
    Static zone with towers/castles to take as the objectives.
    Give us a reason to engage in open world PvP.
    Give us more WF's and fix the ones we have.
    Nebakar 50 Guardian Rogue Sunrest
    Matael 3X Guardian Warrior Sunrest
    Matala 1X Defiant Mage Harrow

PvP in Rift is garbage.

Insaen pretty much summed it up. Especially with the lack of situational skills. Dodge next attack, resist next attack etc.

Too much cc etc.

Too many immunities and heals.

Rift is a fresh game with potential. But my god the PvP is complete and utter ****.
    Last edited by Krazer; 04-11-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Default ratin g

Quote Originally Posted by Dallan View Post
    If you were going to give a letter grade to Rift's PvP what would it be?

For instance: A+, I love their pvp and cant get enough of it. I spend the hours of the day where I am not in game constantly thinking about how awesome it is. All of my friends feel the same way. My pve guild has been lured away from running instances and is now hard core pvp all the way. Your class balance is top notch and everyone feels like a super hero and able to contribute. Just a wonderful job Trion ... I <3 U
    I would give a hard earned A- to the pvp that exists. I wish world pvp would pick up and bre more hardcore. Such as being able to enter another group's expert instance and kill them while they are trying to kill an elite boss and steal their loot would make the game an A+.

One thing that I would like that would be a likely hit is an arena for people to travel to for the sake of pvp. Maybe have some tournaments for teams and/or individuals with prizes. But mostly I'd like to be able to kill some defiants as well as guardians to prove how much better i am at pvp than everyone else on earth.
    Wanna cam?

Quote Originally Posted by Insaen View Post
    D+

-Terrible class balance: pyro mages are twice as good as any other dps, some other mage souls do too much damage also (Stormcaller for example), mages bring too much control for their damage/survivability. Warriors lack survival cooldowns/mobility. AoE healing is far too strong; single target healing too weak. Some cleric-dps specs do too much self-healing, not enough damage. Rogues have buggy stealth, seem weak in a lot of areas, too strong in others.
    -PvP souls are too weak compared to the regular souls, really no reason to invest heavily in the pvp soul.
    -The soul system basically ensures pvp will never reach class balance (the soul system would be a huge plus though if they could actually reach class balance).
    -Too many I-WIN cooldowns. Not enough high-skillcap abilities like glassy reflection (spell reflect) that need to be used with precis timing to reach maximum potential. Right now, most classes can just mash buttons at random (or use macros) and do far too well.
    -AoE damage is absurd. Seems like the best strategy is usually always to do bursty AoE damage over single-target swaps.
    -CC is absolutely painful in this game. You can't target anything, your camera constantly switches directions randomly, you get feared into the terrain and become stuck (very often). Most stuns (especially bull rush), make the target fall through the ground for the duration of the stun and becomes un-targettable. Many other cc's make people just warp around randomly and become unhittable.
    -Too many AoE-CC's, snares, silences, etc. AoE-cc have no target caps, nothing better than seeing a single warrior aoe-fear 20 people on a 30 second cooldown.
    -CC diminishing returns are extremely buggy.
    -Damage in general is too bursty (especially pyro mages). HP pools are too low, valor is not potent enough.
    -No end-game for pvp except grind the same four warfronts; Need more warfronts, need more styles of warfronts (like a deathmatch), need some world pvp incentives, need arenas (with objectives too so it's not just a 3v3 to the death like in WoW).
    -Need better gear rewards at the highest pvp ranks, need better pvp gear while leveling (the rep associated with pvp gear makes lowbie pvp gear nearly impossible to actually use).

Pretty much sums it up.
    Agreed.

Problem is the core mechanics: heal vs dmg vs cc.
    Class balance is disastrous, and they will never balance it correctly because the game does not support these fine tunings. All skills and items were just thrown in game without any thinking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Treras View Post
    A, B, C ... X, Y, Z. Those are letters.

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, etc. Those are numbers.

Just in-case you weren't sure.
    You gave an "objective" rating to something that is completely subjective...Just in-case you weren't sure.

C+ as the potential is still there to grow; however the lack of communication with regards to direction has become an issue for me.
    Last edited by Pyrial; 04-12-2011 at 07:00 AM.

To me their warfronts are more of a joke. First letting low level's "scale" so they have a fair chance against a higer level is a joke especially when i was 5 levles higher than this cleric and couldnt kill because clerics are gods in this game and had same endurance as me. I hate to say it but would rather have it broken into 2 brackets 1-5 and 6-10.
    And of course you idiot/morons uber buff a class on your first frickin patch and make one class that can do insane damage and let the rest suffer. YOUR first frickin patch! I left my other previous MMO cause of this same ridiculous crap.
    Example a level 40 mage vs me level 38 gets hit with a 1800 cinderburst plus 1200 fireball. Way to throw class balance out the window when your game is less than 2 months old and really start copying that other MMO you seem to want to be.
    So really same boring bg's/warfronts. Ridiculous class uber buffing and say screw balance. Reward system is weak. World pvp is meh. I give it a D.

A+

I am loving every second of it and having a blast.
    Now flame me because I don't agree with you please.
    Intel i5 760 2.8 GHz @ 3.6GHz Overclocked ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB 900MHz GPU, 1300MHz Memory, 1080p display 8 GB(4x2GB) DDR3 RAM Biostar TP55 Motherboard

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Krazer View Post
    PvP in Rift is garbage.

Insaen pretty much summed it up. Especially with the lack of situational skills. Dodge next attack, resist next attack etc.

Too much cc etc.

Too many immunities and heals.

Rift is a fresh game with potential. But my god the PvP is complete and utter ****.
    Same thoughts here. As far as grades go, its borderline F in my opinion. It doesn't fail completely, but its barely passable as pvp all the same.

PvP is in a bad state.

Not going to repeat what was already said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast