+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear Issues

Ascendant

Default Gear Issues

I remember Warfronts being fun.

For some reason they were fun at 49 and now are not. Why? Is one skill point that big a deal? Not really.

The real issue is gear and how gear escalates some classes damage and other's survivability. Once you hit 50 you go up against people in T5/T6 gear. And here you are in your scrub blues. It takes 4 of you to kill one of them. So you do not even have a chance. Its not much fun.

I am not saying gear and prestige rewards shouldn't have some advantage, but I really feel they should be adjusted. Certain classes simply gain a 40-50% advantage over others when geared.

TBH I am not that far off T5 T6 gear myself, but am concerned about the longevity of pvp in this game if this trend continues. A lot of people will hit 50 and say "screw this." And I really don't want to steamroll newbies either. I want to have challenging matches, where my gear gives me maybe a 10% damage and 10% survivability bonus. Not 40-50% like I am seeing.

So much fail:

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    I remember Warfronts being fun.

For some reason they were fun at 49 and now are not. Why? Is one skill point that big a deal? Not really.
    2 skill points, not just 1.

The real issue is gear and how gear escalates some classes damage and other's survivability. Once you hit 50 you go up against people in T5/T6 gear. And here you are in your scrub blues. It takes 4 of you to kill one of them. So you do not even have a chance. Its not much fun.
    Max is t3, where are you getting t5/t6? Do you mean r5/r6?

I am not saying gear and prestige rewards shouldn't have some advantage, but I really feel they should be adjusted. Certain classes simply gain a 40-50% advantage over others when geared.
    I already suggested that they change it to where you can only queue against your own rank or higher. Ranks need to be different brackets at 50, not R1 vs R6.

TBH I am not that far off T5 T6 gear myself, but am concerned about the longevity of pvp in this game if this trend continues. A lot of people will hit 50 and say "screw this." And I really don't want to steamroll newbies either. I want to have challenging matches, where my gear gives me maybe a 10% damage and 10% survivability bonus. Not 40-50% like I am seeing.[/QUOTE]

Plane Touched

I leveled my character with solo questing and WF's only. I wanted to avoid PvE dungeon runs at all costs as I've done those the last what...10 years? Try entering 50 bracket with scrub greens. At the moment, I'd kill for some blues haha. I might actually have to break down and run some dungeons, I don't think I can make it to rank 5 in this gear, as spending on the lower tier gear is pretty much a waste of favor seeing how expensive the r5/6 gear is. Gonna need to save every point I can.

Champion of Telara

gear is nowhere near as big of a deal as you make it out to be. it's the pvp soul thats the problem. solution: just make pvp soul open for everyone problem solved
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    gear is nowhere near as big of a deal as you make it out to be. it's the pvp soul thats the problem. solution: just make pvp soul open for everyone problem solved
    As I said it is a combo of gear and the pvp souls. Some are very very effective others are not. The difference between T5 and T3 gear is massive.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstitch View Post
    So much fail:

2 skill points, not just 1.

Max is t3, where are you getting t5/t6? Do you mean r5/r6?

I already suggested that they change it to where you can only queue against your own rank or higher. Ranks need to be different brackets at 50, not R1 vs R6.
    [/QUOTE]

You must be a pedantic 12 year old. Harping on little issue like a T instead of an R. Or the Skill Point thing. The issue is gear and souls making a huge gap between new 50's and veterans that is particularly unfun.

Rift Disciple

Then whats the point of gear? Maybe we should just all fight naked? Go play counterstrike.

It was one thing when Mages/Warriors/Clerics were threequipping weapons... because such a large chunk existed in the weapon. Go through and look at the gear - add up the stats - compare it - do the math - and stop posting nonsense about gear.

As has been stated, by the time a person has gotten to R5/R6 in the PvP Soul - it is a different game.

Ranks should fight Ranks.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrina View Post
    Then whats the point of gear? Maybe we should just all fight naked? Go play counterstrike.
    Gear should provide different ways of playing your character. It shouldn't give people a massive advantage. It should give some, but it shouldn't be iWin, which is what it does now. If think you need better gear to win, to go back to WOW (where class X and Y in the right gear can not be beat) if you enjoy this sort of godmode.

The combo of pvp soul + pvp gear is not working well.
    Last edited by solarbear; 04-11-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Gear should provide different ways of playing your character. It shouldn't give people a massive advantage. It should give some, but it shouldn't be iWin, which is what it does now. If think you need better gear to win, to go back to WOW (where class X and Y in the right gear can not be beat) if you enjoy this sort of godmode.

The combo of pvp soul + pvp gear is not working well.
    How do you see gear as being an iWin button? You have not offered any statistical data showing the overwhelming advantage each level of gear gives over the previous levels. You just offer hysterical hyperbole...

Telaran

The gear is offered equally to everyone...
    They chose to grind it out fast, and were rewarded for it.

+ Reply to Thread