+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Resilient. Over the top for a 5 point T1 abilty.

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,876

    Default Resilient. Over the top for a 5 point T1 abilty.

    Resilient creates many problems with builds specifically designed around critical chances. In order to achieve a 15% critical profile you have to sacrifice countless of stats and spec in particular ways. Yet 5 points in your respective PvP defensive tree gives you a near immunity to critical hits.

    This needs to be addressed if we don't want PvP builds to be even less variable than what they are atm.

    Solution 1:

    Reduce to 2% crit per point instead of 3%. So in the end you end up with 10% critical reduction

    Solution 2:

    Rephrase it into 10% less inc damage from PvP (more potent than 15% critical chance reduction).

    Don't kill variability in PvP with such blatantly and poorly thought/balanced skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker ChyeaBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    Resilient creates many problems with builds specifically designed around critical chances. In order to achieve a 15% critical profile you have to sacrifice countless of stats and spec in particular ways. Yet 5 points in your respective PvP defensive tree gives you a near immunity to critical hits.

    This needs to be addressed if we don't want PvP builds to be even less variable than what they are atm.

    Solution 1:

    Reduce to 2% crit per point instead of 3%. So in the end you end up with 10% critical reduction

    Solution 2:

    Rephrase it into 10% less inc damage from PvP (more potent than 15% critical chance reduction).

    Don't kill variability in PvP with such blatantly and poorly thought/balanced skills.
    Respectfully disagree.
    I'm that guy.

  3. #3
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Someone made a crit build and got mad.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Otiveht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    318

    Default

    I agree that something should be done with this PvP tallent. All but the Rogue calling gets this tallent in their pvp soul. WHy are rogues left out? If this tallent doesnt get nerfed or pushed up in the tree to atleast rank 3 or 4, then rogues need to have it also. Its a VERY powerfull tallent in pvp and its location in the pvp soul or redesign of the tallent needs to be adressed.

    Thanks,

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I was also thinking about that while leveling my cleric. The -15% crit taken are a very hard hit to some special souls, shaman in case of the cleric.
    It's not like -15% crit taken is nearly the same as -15% damage taken. It is the same for builds where +15% crit means nearly the same as +15% damage.
    But as a shaman crit means the following:
    + crit damage
    + extra damage because of crit damage talents (20-60% more)
    + damage to your next attack (30% more)
    + use of a realy strong reactive attack (Jolt)

    So effectively the -crit talent in the PvP soul counters a main mechanic of the shaman soul. The op is right, that is not fair

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    279

    Default

    I have 15% reduced to crit on my Shaman and people don't seem to have a problem critting me. Also, when I'm getting hit for 1500-2000 non crit fulmiinates, **** aint helpin heh.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaSneakyGit View Post
    I have 15% reduced to crit on my Shaman and people don't seem to have a problem critting me. Also, when I'm getting hit for 1500-2000 non crit fulmiinates, **** aint helpin heh.
    I think the mechanics are -15% off their crit (multiplicative). So, if they have a 20% crit chance, it's only reduced 3%. 20 X 0.15 = 3. Has anyone tested this and proven it is a straight subtraction?

  8. #8
    Rift Master Kor Phaeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    699

    Default

    easy fix.

    change the T1 skill of the DPS callings to "adds 15% crit chance"


    this way both cancel each other


    as a sidebonus, this way people will start to consider investing points in the PvP souls, which so far are absolutly underwhelming and under-utilized
    Last edited by Kor Phaeron; 04-11-2011 at 08:09 AM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant -Swag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jherkin View Post
    I think the mechanics are -15% off their crit (multiplicative). So, if they have a 20% crit chance, it's only reduced 3%. 20 X 0.15 = 3. Has anyone tested this and proven it is a straight subtraction?
    What he said.

    -15% chance to get crit doesn't mean that your attacker's 16% chance to crit is now a 1% chance.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

  10. #10
    Ascendant -Swag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    as a sidebonus, this way people will start to consider investing points in the PvP souls, which so far are absolutly underwhelming and under-utilized
    They have some decent perks in the PvP trees, but you have to blow points on so much useless crap that the more useful abilities aren't worth getting.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

  11. #11
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    I think some of the rogues QQ over this should post their natural critical hit chance plus the critical hit chance of certain abilities. For example, my lvl 47 MM in crappy gear has a natural crit chance of 20%. Add that to "deadeye," which has a 30% chance to crit for a total of 50%. I imagine with decent gear and some effort stacking +crit I can get it much higher, so I have no problem with resilience. Other things to consider, several classes add critical hit chance to everyone raid wide - bard, blade dancer, sentinel (target specific) and maybe more I don't know about.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    What he said.

    -15% chance to get crit doesn't mean that your attacker's 16% chance to crit is now a 1% chance.
    actually, that is exactly how it works.

    very powerful in lower levels, at 50 you have people running around with 35+% crit so you aren't exactly crit immune. hell my healer pvp spec with absoluely no crit% increases from souls still has 22% crit (over 30% with shaman easily, with meh gear)
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

  13. #13
    Rift Master Kor Phaeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    actually, that is exactly how it works.

    very powerful in lower levels, at 50 you have people running around with 35+% crit so you aren't exactly crit immune. hell my healer pvp spec with absoluely no crit% increases from souls still has 22% crit (over 30% with shaman easily, with meh gear)
    but thats not the point. the thing is, to get a 15% crit increase most callings have to make painful decitions, like favouring items with less armor, less endurance, less damage, less AP bonus etc etc etc simply because those give you a +2 or +3 crit .


    if all that effort goes wasted because someone simply spent 5 points, well.....its the most overpowered skill ever, the cost/profit ratio is simply inmense.
    5 points for 15% straight extra -crit chance is godly cheap.



    as I said, just add a mirror skill for 15% more crit in the DPS souls, and let em cancel each other.
    Last edited by Kor Phaeron; 04-11-2011 at 08:52 AM.

  14. #14
    Telaran Vendac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    as a sidebonus, this way people will start to consider investing points in the PvP souls, which so far are absolutly underwhelming and under-utilized
    This

    Actually better idea would be allowing people to spec into the PvP soul using Favor instead of spec points. That way its a real reward. Look at the DAOC RA setup as an example.
    LOLArenas = Skill?

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    279

    Default

    I don't really see this as an issue much, most people ignore the pvp soul until later anyway because you need prestige to access the other skills. A simple solution would be to put a level requirement on the PvP soul though if it's really that big of a deal in low tier WF's.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts