+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can we get an update on the RvR you guys are making?

Default can we get an update on the RvR you guys are making?

http://www.riftjunkies.com/2011/02/2...unity-responds

myself and alot of people here included would really appreciate some kind of input on which way you guys are headed and what ideas you might have come up with already, maybe a timeline of when it will come out as well if possible. i only ask because all my friends already quit and alot of people including myself are on the fence about quitting as well just because there seems to be nothing to look forward to in pvp.

so thats all i got. would be nice to hear a dev give some input on it if thats cool. thanks.
    Last edited by drew.williams04; 04-10-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Soulwalker

I see these "tell us, you owe us" type of posts popping up.

It is obviously in the Dev's best interest to just make generalized statements. Paraphrasing, "If the players want RvR we will do RvR."

Much easier to contain ppl like the OP if they do not respond directly, until something is near to being in place. Whatever response they give will not be fast enough, good enough or adequate for those that want RvR. The Rift community has shown already how snarky and demanding they can be.

They went through an expensive development cycle, beta testing rounds and opening with out testing or really planning for RvR. PvP is repetitive and grindy in Rift. Kind of obvious it was never on the planning .table as long as PvE.

I would guess the planning is headed in another direction till they feel they have time to really think out a response to RvR that is worthwhile of an investment of dollars and manpower to implement.

I doubt it is on a front burner atm. Longterm it is probably content expansion, while things like RvR are probably in the next cycle or expansion - just a guess since no answer has been forthcoming.

I think its pretty obvious there wont be any RvR for LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

PvP is a sad afterthought and that sucks

What will happen is the "new" RVR content will be implemented with little to no evaluation and they will spend weeks of tweaks and balances to get it on a competitive level, much as we are seeing content on the servers now. So sit tight I am sure it is just around the next billing cycle.......

Plane Touched

There is another 46 page thread asking the same thing.... complete silence from Trion.

I wouldn't expect major content on the PvP side of Rift anytime soon. I think a lot of people are looking forward to Guild Wars 2 with the 3 faction world PvP system, similar to DAOC.

I expect a lot of the PvP crowd to flock to that MMO.

About 20 minutes ago, there were 11 Guardian 50's and 29 Defiant 50's on my shard.

RvR? Lol...

+ Reply to Thread