+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battle for Port Scion bridge bug.

Default Battle for Port Scion bridge bug.

In some games when the bridge is controlled by defiant, players on the defiant side will spawn at base instead of bridge. Guardian players will still spawn at bridge when they control it. Guardian players are boasting with yells about how we need to figure out how to do it rather than complain. So basically there is no point in controlling bridge for us after they bug it, huge disadvantage. Anyone else noticing this?

| <Fearless> | Defiant | Molinar |

Rift Disciple

I've noticed that I do in fact spawn at the base many times while we are in full control of the bridge and I die right on top of it...

ya same bug
    although after recapturing it seems to be ok
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Quote Originally Posted by j3w3l View Post
    ya same bug
    although after recapturing it seems to be ok

Not for me, even after recap it still sticks.

Telaran

Only time I've not respawned back to bridge if my side has control of it, is when i try to spawn away from flag, it will automatically send me back to base...not sure if this is what youre talking about or not

Shadowlander

Surely the real bug is having to fight npcs in a warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by RPKOlsen View Post
    Only time I've not respawned back to bridge if my side has control of it, is when i try to spawn away from flag, it will automatically send me back to base...not sure if this is what youre talking about or not
    Nope, that's not what's happening for me.

Telaran

Bump 654654d6f54sd65f4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Telaran

just happened to me we controlled the bridge, no one from the guardian side was caping, i died and resed at our base, then they shortly caped the bridge when our team was ressing at our base instead of the bridge which we owned...

sucks lame please fix, not another warfront that heavily favors guardians, not to mention the guardian starting location is closer so they always get set up on the bridge first, thanks.
    Last edited by Valkari1; 04-09-2011 at 09:21 AM.

If it's any consolation (I'm sure it's not), this can happen to the Guardian side as well. It appears to be a matter of which side triggers it.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

I've noticed this too. I tend to just take it in stride and try not to die anyway lol
    Defiant Mage - shameless plug -> I make Weapons & Armor - Someone needs to commission some Rift armor! http://azmal.deviantart.com/gallery

Do you guys seriously not get it yet? Its working as intended. Lets call temporary cap a soft cap and full cap with new timer a hard cap. If red fully caps first, then i (as blue) cap even for just a second, then red gets it back, there is no longer a rez for them at the bridge. If however I (blue) cap after red has initially capped/gained full control, and the timer counts down so my team (blue) is in control, my team will then rez there. The minute red caps it from that point, even if only lasts a second before we (blue) get it back, my teams rez at the bridge no longer exists. Its simple math really. I kill the other teams bridge rez like this all the time due to this mechanic.
    Last edited by Ladyface; 04-09-2011 at 06:56 PM.
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | Core i7 950 @ 4.0GHz | Thermalright HR-02 | G.Skill PI Black (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 | MSI GTX 480
    Silverstone Fortress 2 FT02B-W | Seasonic X650 | Dell 2407WFP | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB + Samsung F3 - 500GB x 2
    Heatware: MissJ84

Well it won't let me edit my post. Anyway I see the OP is on Faemist and YES I've taught everyone on Tearfall and the other servers we cross with about this so called "exploit" ROFL!

Ladykiss <3
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | Core i7 950 @ 4.0GHz | Thermalright HR-02 | G.Skill PI Black (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 | MSI GTX 480
    Silverstone Fortress 2 FT02B-W | Seasonic X650 | Dell 2407WFP | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB + Samsung F3 - 500GB x 2
    Heatware: MissJ84

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyface View Post
    Do you guys seriously not get it yet? Its working as intended. Lets call temporary cap a soft cap and full cap with new timer a hard cap. If red fully caps first, then i (as blue) cap even for just a second, then red gets it back, there is no longer a rez for them at the bridge. If however I (blue) cap after red has initially capped/gained full control, and the timer counts down so my team (blue) is in control, my team will then rez there. The minute red caps it from that point, even if only lasts a second before we (blue) get it back, my teams rez at the bridge no longer exists. Its simple math really. I kill the other teams bridge rez like this all the time due to this mechanic.

I'm not questioning your logic, but this isn't what is happening with my experience. An example : Just an hour or so ago, we held bridge from start of game to about 3 minutes in, we lost it because we randomly stopped spawning at bridge. There were NO assaults from alliance side during this time, we just randomly started spawning base about 2 min and 30 seconds into the game.

Explain that please?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Perplex1ty View Post
    In some games when the bridge is controlled by defiant, players on the defiant side will spawn at base instead of bridge. Guardian players will still spawn at bridge when they control it.
    It also happens to Guardians. Since its a both ways bug cant regard is as an advantage or disadvantage. Annoying as hell I admit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldDemon View Post
    As for the die thing, well you intend to finish all warfronts without dieing not even once?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise View Post
    Yes, I pretty much am that good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast