+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Compiled list of all current PVP issues

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default Compiled list of all current PVP issues

    Add your comments, and I'll update this post as appropriate. The issues below are in no particular order.

    ==================================

    Problem: Rogues being able to stealth and stop combat at will.
    Why: Having someone be unkillable if they have half a brain is silly. Just think about it. Low health? No worries, stealth and gone.

    Problem: Pyro mages 1-shotting people.
    Why: Self explanatory.

    Problem: CC causing many players to have very little to no control of their character in most combat scenarios.
    Why: PVP should be about player skill and playing ability, not who gets in the first CC

    Problem: Team Sizes in Warfronts causing large imbalances.
    Why: Not being remotely competitive because the other team has more people is silly. If there's not enough people to meet a minimum, don't start it. Long queue times? Merge servers.



    I need more to add to the list, please help
    Last edited by Starburstt; 04-08-2011 at 10:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    "Problem: Rogues being able to stealth and stop combat at will."

    oh, rly? it's so unfair!

    good topic, bad start

  3. #3
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Bad PvPers is the number 1 problem with PvP currently.
    Even free cost too much now

  4. #4
    Champion Cyndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starburstt View Post

    Problem: Rogues being able to stealth and stop combat at will.
    Why: Having someone be unkillable if they have half a brain is silly. Just think about it. Low health? No worries, stealth and gone.
    Completely and utterly false. Assassins have slip away so yes they can restealth while in combat. Any other rogue has to get away and stay out of combat for like 6 seconds or so before breaking combat to restealth. That is your fault for letting them.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndel View Post
    Completely and utterly false. Assassins have slip away so yes they can restealth while in combat. Any other rogue has to get away and stay out of combat for like 6 seconds or so before breaking combat to restealth. That is your fault for letting them.
    Fixed first post to reflect this.

    edit: Thanks to trion, I can't edit the first post. stupid idea. I've already subbed my ticket asking for a refund anyway, gg guys.
    Last edited by Starburstt; 04-08-2011 at 10:49 AM.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker ChyeaBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starburstt View Post
    Add your comments, and I'll update this post as appropriate. The issues below are in no particular order.

    ==================================

    Problem: Rogues being able to stealth and stop combat at will.
    Why: Having someone be unkillable if they have half a brain is silly. Just think about it. Low health? No worries, stealth and gone.

    Problem: Pyro mages 1-shotting people.
    Why: Self explanatory.

    Problem: CC causing many players to have very little to no control of their character in most combat scenarios.
    Why: PVP should be about player skill and playing ability, not who gets in the first CC

    Problem: Team Sizes in Warfronts causing large imbalances.
    Why: Not being remotely competitive because the other team has more people is silly. If there's not enough people to meet a minimum, don't start it. Long queue times? Merge servers.



    I need more to add to the list, please help
    More bland assumptions with no evidence. ::golfclap::
    I'm that guy.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChyeaBull View Post
    More bland assumptions with no evidence. ::golfclap::
    You're a terrible troll, I don't know why you bother. The hundreds of threads in this very forum provide all the evidence I need. Also, thanks to the whoever at Trion that thought it was a good idea to not be able to modify posts, I can't edit the first post to keep udpating with the different issues. Just another thing to add to the list of why I'm quitting the game and asking for a refund.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker ChyeaBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starburstt View Post
    You're a terrible troll, I don't know why you bother. The hundreds of threads in this very forum provide all the evidence I need. Also, thanks to the whoever at Trion that thought it was a good idea to not be able to modify posts, I can't edit the first post to keep udpating with the different issues. Just another thing to add to the list of why I'm quitting the game and asking for a refund.
    Awe no dude. Trion is going to be super sad. Don't do it.

    Where is this evidence btw? Beside SS's of ppl getting his hard by mages with mad buffs/wings.

    Oh wait... it doesn't exist. Calm down, guy.
    I'm that guy.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChyeaBull View Post
    Awe no dude. Trion is going to be super sad. Don't do it.

    Where is this evidence btw? Beside SS's of ppl getting his hard by mages with mad buffs/wings.

    Oh wait... it doesn't exist. Calm down, guy.
    You're seriously going to try to claim that the amount of CC isn't a problem in this game? Perhaps you're blind and can't read the amount of threads in the forums directly relating to the matter at hand.

  10. #10
    General of Telara Nevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kmoltkmolt View Post
    "Problem: Rogues being able to stealth and stop combat at will."

    oh, rly? it's so unfair!

    good topic, bad start
    It's true to an extent. Rogues should excel in the element of surprise, not the element of disappear from plain sight. Maybe being targeted by another player should prevent players from using any stealthing abilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starburstt View Post
    You're seriously going to try to claim that the amount of CC isn't a problem in this game? Perhaps you're blind and can't read the amount of threads in the forums directly relating to the matter at hand.
    The amount of CC in the game isn't necessarily the problem, it's the lack of global diminishing returns on all CC. Put CC on global DR and it would likely fix the CC spam issues.
    Last edited by Nevron; 04-08-2011 at 11:12 AM.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker ChyeaBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starburstt View Post
    You're seriously going to try to claim that the amount of CC isn't a problem in this game? Perhaps you're blind and can't read the amount of threads in the forums directly relating to the matter at hand.
    1. There are lots of cc breakers.

    2. Yes, I am blind.

    Sorry, guy.
    I'm that guy.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starburstt View Post
    Add your comments, and I'll update this post as appropriate. The issues below are in no particular order.

    ==================================

    Problem: Rogues being able to stealth and stop combat at will.
    Why: Having someone be unkillable if they have half a brain is silly. Just think about it. Low health? No worries, stealth and gone.

    Problem: Pyro mages 1-shotting people.
    Why: Self explanatory.

    Problem: CC causing many players to have very little to no control of their character in most combat scenarios.
    Why: PVP should be about player skill and playing ability, not who gets in the first CC

    Problem: Team Sizes in Warfronts causing large imbalances.
    Why: Not being remotely competitive because the other team has more people is silly. If there's not enough people to meet a minimum, don't start it. Long queue times? Merge servers.



    I need more to add to the list, please help
    1. Slip away was already covered, and the amount of points you need to spend in assassin to get it makes for a quite limited rogue build maining assassin.

    2. Pyro one shots. I think this is a bit of an exaggeration tbh. I've never seen, or been ones shotted by a pyro. Do they have too much burst? Possibly. Are their circles OP? Absolutely (my opinion). Being immune to all damage and CC effects is fine if its on a limited basis, but come on. Stand in your circle and never get CC'd?

    3. CC in combat. Who are you people that consistently get CC'd out of combat? I have played every class in pvp and have been CC'd, but not nearly as much as everyone whines they have been. I play a rogue at 50 (no, not an assassin) and I do get occasionally CC'd, but I have abilities to combat it, as do a lot of trees for every profession. Create a build that is at least partially resistant instead of whining when someone smartly CC's you out of a battle.

    4. The teams being imbalanced in WFs. I have seen a little of this, but it never lasts more than a minute or 2. The only WF that would be effectively over in that time would be the Black Garden (hence me avoiding that WF). Why not look at the beginning of the WF as a challenge instead of a gripe? Nothing is cooler than getting jumped by 2-3 enemies solo and living because you outplayed or outmanuvered them.

    I think the only other real major problem in pvp (besides Pyros) is the favor/prestige system. People que for Whitefall or Port Scion, and spend more time fighting other players than focusing on objectives because when they fight the whole time, they get more favor and prestige even in a losing WF.

    As for the other gripes listed, why not try to adapt instead of complain?

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    It's true to an extent. Rogues should excel in the element of surprise, not the element of disappear from plain sight. Maybe being targeted by another player should prevent players from using any stealthing abilities.



    The amount of CC in the game isn't necessarily the problem, it's the lack of global diminishing returns on all CC. Put CC on global DR and it would likely fix the CC spam issues.

    good joke.. you know there is a 2min cd on it

    many ppl who have some brains will just put a dot on sin makein slip away almost useless (would need to put 40 points into sin to make it any useful--- which by itself make it a none pvp char)

    also i dont see any sin rogues in WFs... there are good reason
    no interrupts--- except of foul play (30sec cd)~
    no movement enchantments--- its Sososooo easy to kite a sin
    no defensive cd--- except slip away= Yeah nerf that... like we dont die fast enough already
    no spike dmg? --- as we relay on bleeds and poisons, a melee dotter how cute

    malicious strike (slowing enemy by 70% for 8sec~no combo point generated) vs
    champion--- leg sweep (slowing enemy by 70% for 15sec~does generate combo point)

    there are so many useless skills in rogue-sin tree it's not even funny
    so yeah nerf slip away so sin can compete with sabo for worst souls in game

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate2322 View Post
    Are their circles OP? Absolutely (my opinion). Being immune to all damage and CC effects is fine if its on a limited basis, but come on. Stand in your circle and never get CC'd?
    that's a very good point, mage avoid so much CC which is in this game and dish out some cc and huge dmg by themselves

    its got to be fixed


    i just think, warriors were on a rampage from start of the game so trion wanna give mages some time to enjoy theyr imbaness

    rogues will be next imba class .. right ... Right ?


    tbh no1 bothers clerics, but they are usually what win the WF
    iv had plenty games when our team had like 5-8 players beeing top dps
    which didnt matter at all cuz we had 1 alright healer vs 3 very good ones

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Another problem:
    I just waited 30 minutes to enter a WS with just 1 minute left and of course we were losing.

    That's really annoying.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts