Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Easy PvP Cleric AoE healing

RIFT Fan Site Operator jpoplive's Avatar

Default Easy PvP Cleric AoE healing

I use this spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...dcz.b.E0Exbc0c
    Before you tell me to use the PvP tree I need to inform you that I just started PvPing so I do not have proper rank.

I am casting Surging Flames on myself. then I use this macro:

cast Glory of the Chosen
    cast Shield of the Ancestors
    cast @self sterilize
    cast Touch the Light
    cast @self Healing Breath
    cast Divine Call
    cast Flashover
    cast @self Healing Grace

I find that no one person can kill me (I am not just saying that), in most PvP fights they start to understand this and come after me with 2 or 3 people. I am loving it so far. My toon is Gabriel on the Wolfsbane server.
    Last edited by jpoplive; 04-04-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Just LOL. :|

Edit: Had to add this - http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1249607259.jpg
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-04-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaynaro View Post
    Just LOL. :|

Edit: Had to add this - http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1249607259.jpg
    ??? I don't know if you mean that in a bad way or not?

Ok enough trolling. It's in a bad way. A very bad way.

Not sure how to put this but...
    This is a very bad way of PVPing. You are not contributing much to the team. You maybe tanking some damage but 2-3 people and you are dead is not tanking. Bard and Chloro can AoE way much better then you are. They don't really have a mana bar and their AoE heals are just plain good. You do run out of mana, don't you?

If you like to AoE heal, I would advise you to have a look at Warden. So many tools there for this particular task.

If you like to Tank and AoE heal, have a look at Justicar. You have a lot of Aoe Heals and even decent single target healing and the damage reduce is just plain good.

Also macros for casters like this one you are using - just bad. You may have used in your leveling time as a shaman macros for spamming 1-2 buttons. But this does not work for healers/casters. We need micromanagement to be effective.

If you can't give up on this spec+macro and feel happy just playing like this.. always keep in mind you are contributing very very little to your team and maybe you are one of the reasons your team loses a WF.

Just saying...
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-05-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Ok enough trolling. It's in a bad way. A very bad way.

Not sure how to put this but...
    This is a very bad way of PVPing. You are not contributing much to the team. You maybe tanking some damage but 2-3 people and you are dead is not tanking. Bard and Chloro can AoE way much better then you are. They don't really have a mana bar and their AoE heals are just plain good. You do run out of mana, don't you?

If you like to AoE heal, I would advise you to have a look at Warden. So many tools there for this particular task.

If you like to Tank and AoE heal, have a look at Justicar. You have a lot of Aoe Heals and even decent single target healing and the damage reduce is just plain good.

Also macros for casters like this one you are using - just bad. You may have used in your leveling time as a shaman macros for spamming 1-2 buttons. But this does not work for healers/casters. We need micromanagement to be effective.

If you can't give up on this spec+macro and feel happy just playing like this.. always keep in mind you are contributing very very little to your team and maybe you are one of the reasons your team loses a WF.

Just saying...
    I get the feeling you are guessing here or you just dont have a clue what you are talking about. I think you are failing to understand what is happening here and what my spells are doing. I think you should rethink what you know about Clerics and if you had ever played a cleric you would understand how I would not run out of mana with this spec and the spells I am using.

Also you really should not talk about macros as it seem you do not understand then too well.

Also just to maybe make you happier. Yes I can tank 2 to 4 player at a time but while doingthis I also can put out 300 to 500 HPS. Before you even try to say that is low I do use a meter and I know how much people are healing and I am always on top of close to it.

I think that if you feel the need to tell someone how wrong they are you should really try the spec first to see if maybe there is something you just are not seeing. If you had ( and I know you did not because of your post) you would have clearly seen why I love this spec and macro.

Just saying...
    Last edited by jpoplive; 04-05-2011 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpoplive View Post
    I get the feeling you are guessing here or you just dont have a clue what you are talking about. I think you are failing to understand what is happening here and what my spells are doing. I think you should rethink what you know about Clerics and if you had ever played a cleric you would understand how I would not run out of mana with this spec and the spells I am using.

Also you really should not talk about macros as it seem you do not understand then too well.

Also just to maybe make you happier. Yes I can tank 2 to 4 player at a time but while doingthis I also can put out 300 to 500 HPS. Before you even try to say that is low I do use a meter and I know how much people are healing and I am always on top of close to it.

I think that if you feel the need to tell someone how wrong they are you should really try the spec first to see if maybe there is something you just are not seeing. If you had ( and I know you did not because of your post) you would have clearly seen why I love this spec and macro.

Just saying...
    I understand quite well what's happening. Basically you are AoE healing at 50% of your healing power because just too damn lazy to think and participate in an active way.

WTF do you think it's so hard to understand about that macro? It's no freaking assembler programming. It's just a macro in which you cast Sterilize, Shield though you might not need it. It's a macro in which you cast Divine Call, though you may be the only one getting focused.
    It's a macro in which you prefer to use Healing Grace with Touch the Light instead of Healing Invocation for more healing power. It's an instant for crying out loud.

This is not freaking PVE. You DON'T measure PVP by HPS. You don't use "a meter". Next thing I will be hearing in PVP "LFM premade WF must have 6k GS". Oh wait, this already happened in another game. The same PVE narrow-minded freaks that invaded the PVP scene with no idea of what's happening. And yes, I do PVP and I PVE aswell.

And if your oponnents let you cast while you are spamming your macro like a hamster I would think they are using the same macros you are or have fallen asleep on they keyboard.

Then again, not providing the right heals at the right time it's just ...

And yes I do play a cleric and I'm doing it quite well.
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-05-2011 at 12:55 AM.

I understand quite well what's happening. Basically you are AoE healing at 50% of your healing power because just too damn lazy to think and participate in an active way.

WTF do you think it's so hard to understand about that macro? It's no freaking assembler programming. It's just a macro in which you cast Sterilize, Shield though you might not need it. It's a macro in which you cast Divine Call, though you may be the only one getting focused.
    It's a macro in which you prefer to use Healing Grace with Touch the Light instead of Healing Invocation for more healing power. It's an instant for crying out loud.

This is not freaking PVE. You DON'T measure PVP by HPS. You don't use "a meter". Next thing I will be hearing in PVP "LFM premade WF must have 6k GS". Oh wait, this already happened in another game. The same PVE narrow-minded freaks that invaded the PVP scene with no idea of what's happening. And yes, I do PVP and I PVE aswell.

And if your oponnents let you cast while you are spamming your macro like a hamster I would think they are using the same macros you are or have fallen asleep on they keyboard.

Then again, not providing the right heals at the right time it's just ...

And yes I do play a cleric and I'm doing it quite well.
    Well you say you understand but you don't talk like you do. It is not laziness even if you don't understand why not. Like I said if you had tried this spec you would understand why and for some reason you seem to think that healing and good healing is not participate. I am sorry I can't heal in the manner you want. I mistakenly thought it was about keeping people alive, my bad. Now I do see how you would see a bigger heal as being the better thing. I thought the same thing when I did what you are thinking and then got kill very quickly. Yes big heals are great but if you die before you can cast or recast a 3 sec spell that helps no one. Just try to understand that I do think of this things and test them out unlike some people who just look at something and say it is no good.

You clearly are reading way into the meter comment is that seens to be a bad subject for you, I am guessing. It is best that you take someone for what they said and not what you think they are implying.

You would think that people would stop me from casting, right. That does sound like the thing to do but is practice that is not the case. That is not to say I do not get stunned, fear, or have other CC used on me. It just does not have a long term effects because as I have stated I do not die much.

What is sad is you choose to go the route of complaining about someone's build instead of testing and improving it. That tells me you lack the understanding of a Cleric and really is just bad manners but who am I to judge. I really do hope you open your eyes more to other people's points of view and properly test things before you choose to comment on them.

Admittedly, I haven't tried the spec. Then again, when someone tells you to spec Dehydrate or Shards of Light because they say it's good, you kinda don't have to test that out, do you ? You already know it's bad. It's kinda the same feeling for this. I'm usually very open-minded about specs and what I should try.

My vendetta against this build is probably stemming more from the very bad use of macros and not really Surging Flames, though that's not hot shot healing either, is it ?

I know what surging flames can do and what are its limits. Basically you are forcing yourself into staying in 15m of everyone hoping to get heals on. What does your Healing Grace heals for ? 700 non-crit? So you are doing 350 heal every 2 seconds to 5 persons in 15m. Well many AoEs in this game do more damage then that.

You say you don't have a PVP tree. Ok, I understand, it's a grind, it takes time.
    Then again, if you like AoE Healing and staying alive why do shoot yourself in the foot? Why not go a Justicar spec? You have 15% damage reduction, AoE healing 10% of your damage done + doctrines+DPS+root+stun+big oh-noes button. Couple Justicar with sentinel and you just brought the Iron Man with heals to life.
    PM Dao Jones about Justicar healing in PVP.
    Also there's this whole drama on the forums about Senticar. Look it up and modify it according to your needs.

At the end, there's still the question - bards can AoE heal better then you, can't they ? After sab nerf there are so many floating around. So why are you there if not keeping focused people alive?
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-05-2011 at 02:11 AM.

<sigh>

If you're getting outhealed by a Bard, reroll, seriously.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

If you insist on playing that build at least optimize it a bit...
    You are missing :
    Fiery Blessing - one of the best CDs to work with serendipity. Add in Healer's Haste and you will dish about 8k+ heal in ~5-6 seconds
    AoE Cleanse - simply the best cleanse in the game

Also, as far as I know Embolden works with Surging Flames, but Protect the Flock doesn't.
    I'm not sure if it works with Light Efficiency. Test this. If it does work, just put 5/5 Light Effiency. If it doesn't work go for 5/5 Light Concentration.

31 points in Puri. Why not go 32 and get the wisdom buff? Using healing grace as your main heal, but you put 3/5 in Intense Flames.
    Try this and as I said balance Light Efficiency with Light Concentration.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...doz..E0xxfszco

@Visions - Did i say get outhealed? But they do the whole support role so much better with their AoE heals having a better range then Surging Flames.
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 04-05-2011 at 02:58 AM.

@Visions - Did i say get outhealed? But they do the whole support role so much better with their AoE heals having a better range then Surging Flames.
    Warden + Purifier can keep up a multitude of regens on yourself (who you should be putting Surging Flames on), which constantly spits out heals up to 5 players (same amount as Bards now), on top of cycling Healing Flood (which gives those hit by both Healing Flood, and Surging Flames two ticks of the same heal) and Healing Showers (in essence increasing the range some get hit by Healing Showers because of the Surging Flames range).

It's actually a very solid, and powerful build, but quite frankly I wouldn't run it unless you have a solid Sentinel build to run with along side you.

Sentinel + Warden + Templar heal line >>>> Senticar, and no I don't want to debate why.

P.S. The OP should be using Warden with Surging Flames, and I was just commenting on your Bard is better comment, which I tire of hearing from other healers.
    Last edited by Visions; 04-05-2011 at 03:07 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Telaran

Default Nice Build

Your build seems nice. Still I find that healing flare is such a good spell to have, why not spend 1 point to get it, insta cast heal for extreme pressure situations, I like it.

Admittedly, I haven't tried the spec. Then again, when someone tells you to spec Dehydrate or Shards of Light because they say it's good, you kinda don't have to test that out, do you ? You already know it's bad. It's kinda the same feeling for this. I'm usually very open-minded about specs and what I should try.

My vendetta against this build is probably stemming more from the very bad use of macros and not really Surging Flames, though that's not hot shot healing either, is it ?

I know what surging flames can do and what are its limits. Basically you are forcing yourself into staying in 15m of everyone hoping to get heals on. What does your Healing Grace heals for ? 700 non-crit? So you are doing 350 heal every 2 seconds to 5 persons in 15m. Well many AoEs in this game do more damage then that.

You say you don't have a PVP tree. Ok, I understand, it's a grind, it takes time.
    Then again, if you like AoE Healing and staying alive why do shoot yourself in the foot? Why not go a Justicar spec? You have 15% damage reduction, AoE healing 10% of your damage done + doctrines+DPS+root+stun+big oh-noes button. Couple Justicar with sentinel and you just brought the Iron Man with heals to life.
    PM Dao Jones about Justicar healing in PVP.
    Also there's this whole drama on the forums about Senticar. Look it up and modify it according to your needs.

At the end, there's still the question - bards can AoE heal better then you, can't they ? After sab nerf there are so many floating around. So why are you there if not keeping focused people alive?

Yes, you do have to test it out because how can you know it is not good with out testing it. This game has 1000s of different ways to make a spec and I try not to discount any of them unless I have tried them myself. There has been many times where I thought a spec would not work and it ended up be great. This allows me to get perspective and not just go off hearsay.

Also you clearly did state it was not about the macro it was about bad PvPing or as you stated "This is a very bad way of PVPing." Now I did not one time say to use this macro. I did however say this was the macro I am using. Now if you did not like the macro that is fair, you don't have to use it. I, on the other hand, do like the macro and seeing that I do see great results from it will keep using it. Now as for "hot shot" healing. I see healing as one of two ways. You keep the player alive or you don't. One is the bad way to heal. Seeing that I am more then keeping people alive I think I will keep doing my "hot shot" healing.

Also it is larger then 15m if you had looked at the spec you would know why this is and see that I play mostly Port, it does cover almost all of the bridge with the spell. Also if you did know anything about Cleric AoE healing, you would know that 15m is about on par with all other Cleric AoE spells. My Healing Grace hit for about 900 non-crit and crit for almost 2k. I should also note I have about a 50% crit rate. Also if you had read the spec you who know that when I crit I only have a .5 sec cast which is about every other cast. Also note the mana cost for all other Cleric AoEs and the mana cost of Healing Grace. How long do you think I can AoE for in Port before I have to drink or run away?

I have looked into the Just build and it sounds great but in practice again it does not play out the way I wanted. Remember when I said I test things out.

You need to stop comparing how much better a class is then your, like lets say bard. A bard may out heal me or it my not, but as a Cleric I can not be a bard so the point is mote. I have to work with what I got and what I got is working great for me. Now if you choose to play your Cleric as a "single" target healer that is great. What is so great about Rift is that you are not locked into one role or one design, you can be creative and come out with cool and maybe even better specs then what "most" people would consider.

Soulwalker

I guess the question to ask is... are you using that macro when YOU are in an emergency situation, and otherwise use other heals? I guess that's ok.

Are you just sitting there spamming that macro? That is NOT ok. It would actually be less useful for your team then sitting in the back and spamming healing flood.

I mean, if you see somebody dieing next to you, do you just let him die while spamhealing yourself, with a bit of healing perhaps reaching him, but not enough to save him? Or do you actually switch targets or use another mouseover macro to heal the poor guy?

And as for surging flames group healing, I tried it back when it was 70% and it still wasn't good enough. It works okish in pve, during a dungeon run for example, but in pvp it's just not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirogreco View Post
    Your build seems nice. Still I find that healing flare is such a good spell to have, why not spend 1 point to get it, insta cast heal for extreme pressure situations, I like it.
    For me to hit as high as I need in the tree my point were limited. I did try a spec with Healing Flare in it and I found that the crit was really low on it so I dropped it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast