+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: As pvp 5 rank Rogue I can only kill Warriors and other Rogues.

Rift Disciple

Default As pvp 5 rank Rogue I can only kill Warriors and other Rogues.

Mages = Immortal, insane damage, full instant health, insane surviability, insane hitpoints, insane passive damage absorb

Clerics = Immortal, insane damage, full instant health, insane surviability, insane armor, insane passive damage absorb

I guess I must learn to play. And quickly. When I use nightblade I can kill maybe 1 ******ed mague or cleric with my debuffs and 3 minute abilities. I must be doing something really bad but I'm so dumb I can't see what is it.

I can kill Warriors in less than 10 seconds unless they have a shield which takes 20 seconds instead and rogues pretty much the same.

Any kind soul out there with a keyboard please, if possible, tell me what am I doing wrong with my rogue.

Rift Disciple

Noooo idea
    Last edited by Terrified; 04-04-2011 at 02:02 AM.

You should post this on rogue forums. Healers are pretty easy kills, tbh. I look at warriors as much more challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Quote Originally Posted by BaTDiE View Post
    Mages = Immortal, insane damage, full instant health, insane surviability, insane hitpoints, insane passive damage absorb

Clerics = Immortal, insane damage, full instant health, insane surviability, insane armor, insane passive damage absorb

I guess I must learn to play. And quickly. When I use nightblade I can kill maybe 1 ******ed mague or cleric with my debuffs and 3 minute abilities. I must be doing something really bad but I'm so dumb I can't see what is it.

I can kill Warriors in less than 10 seconds unless they have a shield which takes 20 seconds instead and rogues pretty much the same.

Any kind soul out there with a keyboard please, if possible, tell me what am I doing wrong with my rogue.
    Please take the T out of your forum name. I stopped reading when you said mages have insane hitpoints.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Disciple

Is it just Rogues doing reply to my topic?

You all replied like clueless people trying to convince a blind man to cross a street. I can still hear the cars, dumbass.

Why all the nerd hate in this forum? I'm simply asking for advice how to kill Mages and Clerics with a Rogue class in this videogame.

Nightblade best skills to counter these 2 classes are on a 3 minute timer.

Maybe you play in a little b¡tch server and your mages wear green armor but in mine, lowest HP I've seen in a level 50 mage is 5500, 9800+ with their timed buff. Then the ABS skills, the +15% debuff chance to attacker to score a critical hit.

Maybe you all that replied dumb crap are doing it from a special education center. Not my fault if the monitors beat you up at night, I'm a nice person.

Plane Touched

+1
    i (rank 4 warrior with all top enchantments on every item/ wyrmrend weapon) can only kill warriors or rogues and very under-geared mages. Clerics must be very incompetent to be killed otherwise i need 2 to 3 other people all ganking the same target.
    it isnt only related to dps but also to lack of power as the fight goes on since power is consumed much faster than mana and cannot be recovered with potions= you have to stop fighting if you want to keep fighting
    After the first 5 seconds of fight the damage output is highly reduced but the ability to cast self heals is not affected the same way since it is related to mana and conviction (for some souls). That means that if a melee cannot kill someone in the first 5 seconds it is more and more unlikely he can do it as the fight goes on.
    Devs did not seem to have consired this aspect when they nerfed the 2 classes.

Id Clerics with a Rogue class in this videogame.

Nightblade best skills to counter these 2 classes are on a 3 minute timer.

Really? First of all those aren't the NBs best tools to kill a healer, and second of all 3 minutes? Any NB should slaughter a healer who doesn't receive help, and that's not relying on any cool down over 30 seconds. I'm not trolling you man. I would bet that if you presented this query on the rogue forums you'd get some help (and you need it, not trolling)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Shadowlander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WRwmqNiFjg

see my builds and my builds in action.

Melee rogues are gimp no doubt. But doesnt mean you cant have fun picking people off. Ive never lost a 1 v 1 yet

Since when is 4000-4500 HP "insane HP?"

Wish I could help you with your question, but I only have a level 25 Rogue, and not a nightblade.

I have a plan, but untested, as yet.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    Really? First of all those aren't the NBs best tools to kill a healer, and second of all 3 minutes? Any NB should slaughter a healer who doesn't receive help, and that's not relying on any cool down over 30 seconds. I'm not trolling you man. I would bet that if you presented this query on the rogue forums you'd get some help (and you need it, not trolling)
    Its 2 minutes.

And its just the only way to survive long enough to get into melee range (aside from improved stealth, basic is slow enough you get hit by AoE half the time) of a cleric right now.

Already had fun watching as an entire team lines up mages and clerics on a wall while warriors pull people within range. They still lost, mostly because they wouldn't leave the wall for half the match.

Shadowlander

My experience as a rank 4 assassin is that i cant kill anyone that can heal themselves.

Although occasionally, i can kill some healers who have no idea what they are doing or not geared. But it is getting rare in WFs ...
    Last edited by Pleasekillme; 04-04-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Rift Disciple

You need to be more specific.. Which mage/cleric souls are you having issues with? Is this in WFs or 1:1 ganking in world pvp.

For example, a pyromancer doesn't have a insta heal, nor instane HP. Where as a cholormancer does (not insane HP but WAY more then a pyro).

So in turn, be more specific.. you most likely need different soul combos to kill different souls/types of characters.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzzy View Post
    You need to be more specific.. Which mage/cleric souls are you having issues with? Is this in WFs or 1:1 ganking in world pvp.

For example, a pyromancer doesn't have a insta heal, nor instane HP. Where as a cholormancer does (not insane HP but WAY more then a pyro).

So in turn, be more specific.. you most likely need different soul combos to kill different souls/types of characters.
    My question was a bit vague but truth is I can't see what is the role of my class in a pvp enviroment.

I thought I was supposed to be able to jump on weak targets that could do a lot of harm to my team, like mages or clerics but it is quite the opossite. Melee classes die extremely easy, even warriors in full T1 pvp set.

But when I attack a mage, or a cleric... as an asassin, I'm pretty much done. For example:

necro/lock = Insane damage abs, insane health buff, instant dots, instant stunt, damage shield that deals between 33-52 damage even if I don't use an attack (I reported it and still looks like working as intended, meaning I will get 300 damage per second, just from his shield damage).

cloro/necro = same thing as necro but just less dps. Eventually I will die and he will remain full health thanks to instant health spells.

Pyro = 1200 nukes without WF buff, instant spells that hit for 3k-4k (fulminate, inferno), aoe snare that can't be purged, aoe stun, disarm, blink and of course, Ground Of Strenght that makes the mage have slighty better melee damage absorption than a warrior with a shield and over 7k armor.

Cleric (Any that doesn't rely in long casts to heal himself. Meaning, no one because they know they can be easily interrupted) = Instant self healing while running, snare shield, 192 damage ticking dots, 1k damage nuke, abs shield, 15% abs buff everytime that gets hit...

I remember attacking a cleric, with my T2 pvp armor and 29,2 dps daggers and I dind't drop him below 70%. He just kept running and instant self healing. Couldn't interrupt anything, his mana wouldn't drain even with 25% debuff poison. He turned his back and said "Heh, a rogue". I simply gave up and moved to next thing.

Again. I can take these classes down but only using nightblade and using abilities on a 3 minute cool down but I don't think this archetype was meant to be played that way. No other calling has to wait 3 minutes before engaging combat and be able tu fulfill his role.
    Last edited by BaTDiE; 04-04-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Plane Touched

People need to realize that they need to start being much more specifc with who they are having problems with. You cannot just say "mage" or "cleric" because there are 8 kinds. I know that personally, as a Shaman, melee rogues, or really any rogues, can and do killl me. I don't heal that much on my own, my armor isnt that high and outside of my Fury of the North 7 sec crit machine I don't have much reliable burst.

If you are having problems with WARDENS or PYROS per say, then ask for help. Don't just say the calling because were not all that great.

Banned

As a rank 3 mage, I would like to know where I can find these full instant heals and insanely high hitpoints. I must be missing something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast