+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warfronts are horrible XP and gold.. why so much worse than questing?

Ascendant

Default Warfronts are horrible XP and gold.. why so much worse than questing?

Please raise so they are more competitive. Thank you.

Rift Master

Absolutely agree. They need to add some kill quests or something. The money that drops off players is insignificant too. The way it stands right now, you need to run PvE quests exclusively so you can pay for respecs.

Plane Touched

Agreed. PvP should be as viable for money as PvE farming.

Since there are no repair bills from PvP deaths, does it really matter and if one never leaves the warfronts on capital cities what do they truly need beyond a mount and a few drinks?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Charnyr View Post
    Since there are no repair bills from PvP deaths, does it really matter and if one never leaves the warfronts on capital cities what do they truly need beyond a mount and a few drinks?
    Those Silver plaques or whatever they are for the guild perk buffs are 50g a piece, for one.

Waters for health/mana

Potions

AH gear

PvPers needs almost as much as the PvE crowd. They just dont need to pay for ports and rez sickness as much.

Quote Originally Posted by yewkon View Post
    Those Silver plaques or whatever they are for the guild perk buffs are 50g a piece, for one.

Waters for health/mana

Potions

AH gear

PvPers needs almost as much as the PvE crowd. They just dont need to pay for ports and rez sickness as much.
    New skills
    Quad-core Athlon II X4 635
    Zotac GTX570
    4 GB Ram
    750w PSU
    Windows 7 Basic x64

CPUBenchmarkTime = 1.621023
    GPUBenchmarkTime = 1.571975

Champion of Telara

XP is fine. Gold definitely needs tweaking. If you do too many warfronts levelling you won't even get your mount when you hit 50 even if you save all your money.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Because pve is seen as the main game and pvp as something you do on the side evry now and again. Yeah it sucks, but there you go. Xp isn't so bad though, its the money and gear gap that's the kicker.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Plane Touched

Even though I like to keep PVPers in Check by reminding them that they are a "Niche" audience. I will agree here.

See what people don't know is i've leveled from 31-38 in just WFs(and yet I haven't whined about what's op and blablabla. Must be all that fun i'm having).

I Agree XP is way too low. I don't know why the Losers and Winners get different amounts. <---poor design

XP gain should be equal regardless of if you are part of the winning or losing team.

Now, Favor on the other hand should obviously be lower if you fail to win the round, which I believe is fairly accurate right now. Some additional cash per kill would be nice too, i'd agree. Been having a blast doing only Warfronts from 19 to 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
    XP gain should be equal regardless of if you are part of the winning or losing team.

Now, Favor on the other hand should obviously be lower if you fail to win the round, which I believe is fairly accurate right now. Some additional cash per kill would be nice too, i'd agree. Been having a blast doing only Warfronts from 19 to 25.
    Money I agree with but xp is fine. I'm about to hit 40 on my new main, leveling it predominantly through wf's. in the 30's, I've been getting around a level a day and thats through just a few hrs play.

I have to keep sending money over from my other char just to fund the PvP.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    XP is fine. Gold definitely needs tweaking. If you do too many warfronts levelling you won't even get your mount when you hit 50 even if you save all your money.
    This.

I actually levelled my main via Warfronts and Rifting...which was fun...but dam....talk about broke!

Neither one gives you any cash.

I am actually levelling a second toon with foraging and butchering, doing quests, and gathering artifacts to sell just to generate money I need for the main's mount...lol.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Telaran

Go out and do world pvp all night and come back and say that pvp deaths dont cost any gold..

Also they need to put Auto Loot in pvp..
    Last edited by InHuman; 04-04-2011 at 04:38 AM.

I totally agree this time with thread author. I have leveled two chars, one at 45 mostly through PvP, another 50 almost by PvE, and the gather gold amount is significantly different!

And per same time questing gives way more xp, than warfronts, that is true. Also take into account the queues which e.g. at level 40-49 gap are just horrific.

They do need to put auto loot into Warfronts. I agree with the OP too.

I leveled my first toon almost completely in Warfronts, which took an insane amount of warfronts to level, and I can't even afford the 90% speed mount on my 50. I've made a new toon, and every FIVE rifts levels him, and at level 27 he has more money than my level 50.. WTF?
    Last edited by Visions; 04-04-2011 at 04:48 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast