+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rogues should not be able to stunlock a tank.

Plane Touched

Default Rogues should not be able to stunlock a tank.

Ok this just annoyed me to all beejeebus tonight. I am playing a nice game of whitefall steppes and do you know a stealther comes up and besides completely vanishing from sight when right in front of me and targeted which should not be possible. He procedes to vanish compeltey from sight and bounc around me making it impossible to target or do anything because little did I know i was now stunned and half my health is gone. a couple hits later no about 10% health. Pop my instant full heal now I think no problem should be able to wipe this little scrub off my windshield... what kind of stealther attacks a warrior? Nope stunned again, and dead within seconds.

Checking my combat log, i have a list of 100s of red damage to me from the same guy in about 2 or 3 seconds of combat.

This was against my paladin reaver, and my champion paragon.

The reason I am posting this is because of all the rogue threads complaining they need a boost to dps, and because this is something that is completely asinine a stealther attacking a warrior in 1v1 and winning...

Quote Originally Posted by 3dGrunge View Post
    Ok this just annoyed me to all beejeebus tonight. I am playing a nice game of whitefall steppes and do you know a stealther comes up and besides completely vanishing from sight when right in front of me and targeted which should not be possible. He procedes to vanish compeltey from sight and bounc around me making it impossible to target or do anything because little did I know i was now stunned and half my health is gone. a couple hits later no about 10% health. Pop my instant full heal now I think no problem should be able to wipe this little scrub off my windshield... what kind of stealther attacks a warrior? Nope stunned again, and dead within seconds.

Checking my combat log, i have a list of 100s of red damage to me from the same guy in about 2 or 3 seconds of combat.

This was against my paladin reaver, and my champion paragon.

The reason I am posting this is because of all the rogue threads complaining they need a boost to dps, and because this is something that is completely asinine a stealther attacking a warrior in 1v1 and winning...
    That was me ,i kill easy people.

Bleed dont know the smell of plate...
    Last edited by Cyborg; 04-03-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Rift Chaser

Default yeah if it is not a strike you armor is worthless

I found warriors hard at first as they hit really HARD, however they die quickly with tons of barbed shots!

Actually if you spec'd right you won't get stun locked by a rogue. There are plenty of anti cc abilities available to warriors. But if you died to bleeds then he's assassin and can't heal debuff unless he goes 32NB as well, which leads me to "this isn't a 1v1 game, get a healer and quit crying".

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Odaman View Post
    Actually if you spec'd right you won't get stun locked by a rogue. There are plenty of anti cc abilities available to warriors. But if you died to bleeds then he's assassin and can't heal debuff unless he goes 32NB as well, which leads me to "this isn't a 1v1 game, get a healer and quit crying".
    I broke his stun, and healed myself I was a paladin. He had no healer. I managed to whittle him to 50% after healing myself.

The point remains a stealth melee rogue of equal level should never be able to take out a tank 1v1. Telling someone to get a healer is ******ed. Anyone with a healer will win in a fight against someone without one.

Lolwut is this ?
    Last edited by Atreiu; 04-03-2011 at 08:13 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by 3dGrunge View Post
    I broke his stun, and healed myself I was a paladin. He had no healer. I managed to whittle him to 50% after healing myself.

The point remains a stealth melee rogue of equal level should never be able to take out a tank 1v1. Telling someone to get a healer is ******ed. Anyone with a healer will win in a fight against someone without one.
    Atleast you didn't last long enough for his third stun, or you would have came here super pissed off.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Plane Touched

I would love to see combat logs of this fight.

An Assassin being able to go through a tanks health twice without dying/help sounds suspect to say the least.

Plane Touched

Dear ID Software,

Tonight I played Quake Live. I am very distraught that a player with a shotgun was able to kill me even though I had a rocket launcher.

A shotgun should never be able to kill someone with a rocket launcher.

Thanks.

Your pal,
    3dGrunge

You excuse for not using breakfree is....?

Wait don't tell me, you were using a PvE spec in a WF?

Yeah man a good rogue can still kill a bad warrior. When people discuss balance they are normally talking about the balance between classes being played at similar skill lvls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

No one should be able to stunlock anyone, ALL CC should break on damage.

And I'm playing a champ in pvp at the moment.

Crappy wow mechanics.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by krilly View Post
    No one should be able to stunlock anyone, ALL CC should break on damage.

And I'm playing a champ in pvp at the moment.

Crappy wow mechanics.

Then it would just be spamming damage buttons, to take out all CC would dumb the game into oblivion. As a warrior you're the best CC class in the game, and you got plenty of CC breaks to burn. I don't understand 95% of the QQing on the forums, I really don't. So how would rogues or squishies (that arent pyros) how would they get an advantage against the Rift warriors? Did you ever stop and think about that? Do you just want 4 completely homogenized callings? Yeah that sounds so interesting, and strategic......
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    Then it would just be spamming damage buttons, to take out all CC would dumb the game into oblivion. As a warrior you're the best CC class in the game, and you got plenty of CC breaks to burn. I don't understand 95% of the QQing on the forums, I really don't. So how would rogues or squishies (that arent pyros) how would they get an advantage against the Rift warriors? Did you ever stop and think about that? Do you just want 4 completely homogenized callings? Yeah that sounds so interesting, and strategic......
    No, good players would coordinate stun / fear etc.. on healers then focus down dps. Having cc work through damage encourages bad players who just aoe everything to hell. Having all cc break on damage let's skillful TEAMS beat AOErs / people who just 1 on 1 random targets.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol

Yes I'm asking for a nerf to myself

Bullrush > burn cooldowns > finisher > kick > bullrush repeat ad naseum.

That isn't skill its who gets cc off first.
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast