+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remove Ground of Strengh spell. Mages become too OP.

Default Remove Ground of Strengh spell. Mages become too OP.

Or give all classes 2min spellreflect to all spells.
    Quad-core Athlon II X4 635
    Zotac GTX570
    4 GB Ram
    750w PSU
    Windows 7 Basic x64

CPUBenchmarkTime = 1.621023
    GPUBenchmarkTime = 1.571975

OMG hai! So now that your actually being damaged by mages your crying about it? The tables have turned and you can no longer kill a mage in a blink of an eye? OH THE HORROR! How dare they be able to do the same thing that other classes were doing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xruptor View Post
    OMG hai! So now that your actually being damaged by mages your crying about it? The tables have turned and you can no longer kill a mage in a blink of an eye? OH THE HORROR! How dare they be able to do the same thing that other classes were doing to them.
    Tables turned? Pyro's and Dom's have always been scary. Now Pyro's are just plain out of control.
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

Soulwalker

The idea behind ground of power is that the mage is being buffed for staying in the same spot while casting all of his spells, that being the case, you can easily reduce the mage's damage by making him move by charging at him or attacking him melee.

Its the same idea as the marksman's snipers pedestal, in which he only gains damage while standing still.

So with that point i do not think there is any reason to remove the stationary buffs from the game, but there could always be some fine tuning done to the exact percentages.

Remove lock target, ****ing no skills resource.
    I can literally spam spells in my target, without the worry of losing my target, since my character will be always facing it , no matter how the person move against me trying to avoid my spells.Seriously Trion, you guys are high or what for putting such thing in the game.

"HUEHAUEUHAHEUAUEA BR BR?"
    THE SUPER BRAZILLIAN SOCCER STAR of The Enclave

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xruptor View Post
    God forbids a "glass cannon" class could die in a blink of an eye.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    God forbids a "glass cannon" class could die in a blink of an eye.
    God forbid a "glass cannon" class would have high damage yet be squishy.

Oh wait...

GoS stun has been nerfed to uselessness right now, also it's not like you can dispell GoS, right? Oh wait...

Any melee who can't kill a Mage in melee range while the melee still has more survivability is plain bad.
    That is all.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    God forbid a "glass cannon" class would have high damage yet be squishy.

Oh wait...

GoS stun has been nerfed to uselessness right now, also it's not like you can dispell GoS, right? Oh wait...

Any melee who can't kill a Mage in melee range while the melee still has more survivability is plain bad.
    That is all.
    You either high or a moron.
    Pyro is squishy? Since when? Pyro has way more survivability than any MDPS. Champion has literally none. Zero.
    Dispell GoS? LOL have you actually tried that? VK dispell removes 3 buffs in order they were applied and is on 15 seconds cd. It means it might get removed 30 seconds later long after Pyro already killed him. And even so GoS has no cd so it can be just reapplied instantly.

I can definitely tell you play a mage because you don't even know your own class mechanic, let alone others'.
    Last edited by liho1eye; 04-03-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Or give all classes 2min spellreflect to all spells.
    ****, I have spell reflect, and it's not even two minutes. It lasts about 25 seconds and that is good enough most of the time (assuming you used it on full charge which can be hard to do if your the pyros first target + no charge pots) 1min recharge.

So the pyro has the upper hand like 65% of the time.

There could be two or three shooting at my balled up group tho with it on and I just watch the balls go right back (it's an aoe reflect, could use more distance and I can choose who to them put them on)
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 04-03-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Takamorisan View Post
    Remove lock target, ****ing no skills resource.
    I can literally spam spells in my target, without the worry of losing my target, since my character will be always facing it , no matter how the person move against me trying to avoid my spells.Seriously Trion, you guys are high or what for putting such thing in the game.
    They will get right on that as soon as the cast time of 2-6 seconds is added to your melee attacks. We all know you play a warrior and trying to be clever by pretending to be a mage.

melee targets opponent, hits a button, and boom damage done.
    casters target opponent, hits a button, waits 2-6 seconds for it to go off and boom damage done.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Charnyr View Post
    casters target opponent while standing in his circle of invicibility and immunity to CC, hits a button, waits 2-6 seconds for it to go off and boom, headshot, your dead..
    Fixed for you.
    Last edited by Trollum; 04-03-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollum View Post
    I am a whiny butt-head melee who can no longer decimate all mages with 2-3 button presses. This is soo unfair and makes me whine.
    I fixed yours as well.

Rift Disciple

Please, letís take a step back and think logically about what the actual problems with Pyro are before we make changes that do nothing to weaken the great ones and make the weak ones laughable. The problem with Pyro isnít GoS. Mages in previous mmoís were more about kiting than in this game (I do not like this as I have always loved kiting).

I can kite people in this game but you would be hard pressed to successfully argue that this game is set up to make kiting as viable as in most recent mmoís. I can get in a long discussion with why this is the case but just think about all the aoe/range/long duration stuns the gap closers the dmg immunity abilities etc. and the ability to kill clothies during a complete stunlock (before you say l2p and all that Iím not saying you canít kite as I have with multiple mage souls, my point is that kiting is not nearly as viable and I play melee as well(I play too much)).

Now as far as mage soul specs go, the people that do 51 point pyro are not the issue. I kill them easy and if you canít kill them 1 on 1 as a rogue you need more practice/gear/something. The real problems with pyro imo are that dmg scales way too well with gear and the TOTAL amount of dmg mitigation that a pro (non 51 point) pyro can achieve. These are the reasons you see some pyros that can solo 3-4 people and can take 10-20 seconds of attacks before their hp drops. It is easy for a pyro to either take no dmg for an extended period and/or heal (not as good of a spec though unless under geared) it away if they are high enough in pvp ranks and have good gear. With the damage scaling they can even destroy people while doing this.

Think about this as well. Around level 44, pyros really arenít something that special and you have also likely seen some 50 pyros that were pretty crappy even with their GoS. you may not have noticed these crappy pyros but I see them far more often than I see the good ones and the crappy ones are easy kills if you donít suck yourself.

I hate writing (math nerd) so I donít want to go into it much further, however please think about this. GoS is not a problem and it allows for some interesting battle tactics. Unless Trion changes a lot of things to make kiting more viable for other souls then nerfing the wrong parts of pyro will help cause battles to be strictly a numbers game.

Again, I believe pyros need 2 big nerfs. However, they are not GoS. They are DD scaling with gear and the TOTAL dmg mitigation possible in the right specs and with the right gear/rank (look yourself if you want to see why as I donít want more pyros learning this). These nerfs will allow fights with tactics while taking away the ability of some pyros to destroy groups.

Rift Disciple

I fixed yours as well.
    Cause Pyro's can't stand in their little circle of invincibility and mitigate damage better than any full spec'd tank can, while pumping out twice the DPS of everyone else in the WF?

Yea..that's right, they can.

I fixed yours as well.
    When my lvl 50 is 2-3 shotted by a lvl 46 warrior there is an imbalance. There is no L2P in effect when I am dead before I can react due to stuns. Your attempt at misinformation has been duly dismissed. Now stop trying to protect your I.W.I.N. buttons. They are only good for inflating your epeen against a class who needs serious attention on survival issues.
    Ignore him, he's just a scrub hypocrite who has to have his overpowered Pyro abilities.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast