+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trion fix mages already

Rift Disciple

Default Trion fix mages already

You buffed them in 1.1 which was clearly not needed. I'm getting critically hit from mages who just camp their ground of strength by Fulminate for 5k; that's worse than Titan's strike, by far. Also, I'm tired of joining a warfront just to be constantly critted by mages for upwards of 2k from fireball to 5k from fulminate and let's not get started on cinder burst.

Hell, why we're on topic, why are mages allowed to tank ANYTHING and just stand in one spot? You've killed pvp in warfronts, it's boring, it's unbalanced, and mages are on top in the charts every single match for damage being dealt which could probably be acceptable if it was all AOE damage and not single target.

*I should add that when I say mages, I really mean Pyromancers.
    Last edited by Owned; 04-02-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Telaran

Again, the mage buff was needed. General Mage Damage spells should be buffed even more.

It's GoS and High Tier Pyro skills that need to be removed/reworked.

Din

Remove circle of skill and we good

Even as a mage, I am going to agree with you. Pyromancers were insane before the patch, now they are just stupid.

A perfect example of unintended consequences. The mage buff was needed for most of the other classes, just not the pyro (or other warlock variants).
    Last edited by NÓridhrien; 04-02-2011 at 03:55 PM.
    ~Mjollnir - Dwarf Mage
    ~ NÓridhrien - High Elf Ranger (in your warfronts, hiding from warriors)

Knowledge and sorrow oft walk hand-in-hand.

Shadowlander

GoS is fine as an ability, its got a good balance between trading in mobility for something defensive.

What needs "fixing" is crit % damage.

Use a knock back.. knock us out of the circle.. then take us out.

Dispell it.

You can do almost all of your skills on the run. Pyro can't do much while moving. Adapt.
    Farrudar - Level 50 Mage of <HATE>

Quote Originally Posted by Farrudar View Post

Dispell it.

You can do almost all of your skills on the run. Pyro can't do much while moving. Adapt.
    Cute. You can't use knock back on a mage and dispelling would be fine if the cast time of GoS wasn't 1.5 secs with no cooldown.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Keifu View Post
    Again, the mage buff was needed. General Mage Damage spells should be buffed even more.

It's GoS and High Tier Pyro skills that need to be removed/reworked.
    Yeah the base "bolt" skills hitting people for 1.5k+ are still too weak.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Farrudar View Post

Dispell it.

Typical clueless mage. Try reading skill descriptions before giving people advice on adapting.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

So I just won a match of the codex...

A single pyromancer and myself (marksman) were simply camping statue - he was standing in the middle inside ground of strength spamming fire storm with 5-6 people hitting him.

I was off to one side picking them off one by one.

This went on for about 2-3 minutes, after which, since they couldn't get back to the codex, they eventually all got killed and my team managed to take the node.

Soulwalker

If youre whinning about mages being op then the mages on your side must suck.

Banned

I am a mage.

All in regards to PVP.

The way I see it, Pyros are of course over powered.

Chrolomancers are well balanced and quite useful and efficient

Every other mage, other than warlock as a passive buff supplement role, is still completely useless and not worth anyone's while to play. I have tested pretty much every class and combination along with my three mage friends, and it's a consensus Read these boards enough and most mages agree. Some are simply delusional.

So here's what needs to happen. Somehow, through Trion's brillance, pyros do an absurd amount of damage compared to any other mage calling. Stormcaller isn't horrible, but it's so painfully slow and has no protection. Necro and lock are simple to heal through; try to kill a healer with one of these. Archon in pvp? Elementalist in anything?! Dom has some tools, just be ready to kill anything, or hurt anything for that matter.

Other mage callings need to be looked at........a lot, and overhauled, and fixed so they can mesh well together and actually be played in PVP. Even I, a mage, hates pyromancer with passion. It's so boring; you just sit there in your circle and pretend you're good. There's no mobility,but yet there's no reason to play another calling since they are all awful.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    So I just won a match of the codex...

A single pyromancer and myself (marksman) were simply camping statue - he was standing in the middle inside ground of strength spamming fire storm with 5-6 people hitting him.

I was off to one side picking them off one by one.

This went on for about 2-3 minutes, after which, since they couldn't get back to the codex, they eventually all got killed and my team managed to take the node.
    Nightblade can take every controllpoint or fang with just hit immun and do it no matter what you try. Needs to be fix asap.

Rift Chaser

i love fighting someone who does more damage, takes less damage, and does more healing then me, oh wait im not fighting a warrior, i'm fighting a mage...

Rift Disciple

It's fun getting out damaged by AOE as a Rogue when you are unloading every cooldown on a mage just standing there channelling a spell with no possible way of interrupting it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast