+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CC immunity timers and Aoe shouldnt stack in pvp.

Default CC immunity timers and Aoe shouldnt stack in pvp.

I don't mind seeing CC but CC is getting ridiculous in this game.When you first get stunned,you will get stunned again and again.Seriously CC immunity need to be put in.I mean give a 5 or 10 seconds immunity. Aoe shouldn't stack in pvp.

I like doing everything in groups! More joy and fun especially for the unexpected!

Its not the developers who make the profit of ideas its the community who helps while they make the greatest of ideas become the vision of what we play of there hard work!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wolflen View Post
    When you first get stunned,you will get stunned again and again
    No you won't, because you can only be stunned twice and then you are immune.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    No you won't, because you can only be stunned twice and then you are immune.
    Bullrush from different Warriors stuns all the time no immunity or DR a all. The sate of cc ist just stupid atm good premades time their fear/stun/silence so all you can do is watch you grey skillbar and die.

DAoC made the same mistakes at release I just dont understand why every mmo has to repeat it?

Shadowlander

lol DAoC had that problem for a different reason though, that reason was they had no DR at all, a major oversight from the development team.

Rift has this problem because they intentionally designed it this way.

I would say DAoC's mistake was actually stupider than Rift's, however it was also easy to fix.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by zBedlam View Post
    lol DAoC had that problem for a different reason though, that reason was they had no DR at all, a major oversight from the development team.

Rift has this problem because they intentionally designed it this way.

I would say DAoC's mistake was actually stupider than Rift's, however it was also easy to fix.
    DR just dont work against good premades you will die while perma cc´ed.

In DAoC you had 1min immunity after mezz 5xstunduration after stun and 1 min root.

I dont say give us one minute of immunity but the effect of DR, I dont even know how exactly this works in this game, should last longer. Therefor after being stunned/rootet/silenced and especially feared you should have at least 20 sec of permanent DR.

Maybe people use their cc effects more wisely after this

And plz add DR to Riftprison!

Thank you for all the ones who are responding and understanding and its true the cc is out of control.

I like doing everything in groups! More joy and fun especially for the unexpected!

Its not the developers who make the profit of ideas its the community who helps while they make the greatest of ideas become the vision of what we play of there hard work!

Seriously... In what way is CC immunity realistic?
    Letendeth - 50 Warrior of Faemist - <No Fat Kids> - We are Recruiting!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Letendeth View Post
    Seriously... In what way is CC immunity realistic?
    lol what is realistic in a mmorpg at all ?

Soulwalker

I agree that it's frustrating to run in a group of 10 enemies and get chain stunned, but then take a seat and listen to what you're saying. You went up against a group of enemies, and they all targeted you, and all stunned you, well that's called 1v4 you're not supposed to be in a fair position.

Edit: This doesn't pertain to a pyro, nerf that stupid *** chain stun
    Last edited by amplol; 04-02-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolflen View Post
    I don't mind seeing CC but CC is getting ridiculous in this game.When you first get stunned,you will get stunned again and again.Seriously CC immunity need to be put in.I mean give a 5 or 10 seconds immunity. Aoe shouldn't stack in pvp.
    The amount of CC is absurd, you are most of the time silenced during a big fight. No immunity after being victim of CC is a joke.

You get out of a silence, just to be stunned, and silecend again. It's game breaking. Break Free every 2 minutes is meaningless, some dominator turns you into a critter, you use to get back to normal and get silenced.

Screw events, this should be fixed asap.

Keep cc as is

BUT

Make all cc break on damage

That way skilled groups can win vs aoe groups through clever use of cc and not. Aoeing the hell out of everything
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Rift Disciple

CC is fine, certain classes actually rely on cc to have a fair fight. If you remove cc, why even have those classes? Also, cc is on DR. You will never get stunned for over 6 seconds, never mezzed or squirreled for more then 10. Anything with a damage threshold, or damage breaking amounts to ~10 seconds max of cc, while anything that allows infinite damage (aka a stun) is 5-6 seconds.

Many players do not wish to see the game simply reduced to who can burst down who first, because a lot of classes in the game are not suited towards that.

Soulwalker

Some of you are about as dense and ******ed as they get. People are wanting immunity timers, not ending CC completely. When you can chain squirrel a player and completely eliminate them from a fight until you are ready to handle them, that's a fail. Lockdowns kill games. I don't mind getting stunned and owned, it happens. What I do mind is this. Stun, stun, fear, squirrel. Grats on being out of the fight for what 25 seconds? Yeah it's happened, and it's absolutely ******ed. Group immunity timers do not base them off of skill which they seem to be now. Trion saw fit to add every damn name in the book to their stupid abilities. Confuse someone, stun someone, silence someone, fear someone, squirrel someone, baffle someone....wtfever else there is someone. I mean for the love of god chill out with cc. It can play an important role and be a strategic thing in video games. As it is here in this game anyone with a brain can stop you from raiding in open world content. Get 1 group of CC. Win. It just needs some work by grouping immunities in sets so the entire pvp game isnt about omg who can stun first and win.

Plane Touched

CC is definitely out of control in this game...

Going back to a game that did it right, even after initially having it ****ed up:

Hint: That's DAOC.

+ Reply to Thread