+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: State of PVP.

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default State of PVP.

    PVP right now is a MESS

    So about pvp in this game at this moment:

    1: Low health pools and instant spells average health pool of a player is 5000 and you see instants doing 2k - 2.5k crits and mage fulminate iv been crit 6800 by it. How is it fine for instant spell to take half of players health pool?

    2: Low health pool of a player is 5000 and you have stuns lasting 6 - 8 seconds and you can chain spam them, and because of so long stuns and silences it takes 2 instant spells to kill player in 1 stun, how are you supposed to react to that?

    3: CC, game mechanics of vanilla wow, yes high damage, low health pools combined with crazy CC, think about wow arena in tbc and now and triple the amount of every cc spell back then, thats how pvp is in this game at this moment.

    4: Silences, why dont ranged silences reguire your target to be casting, simply spamming silences on player and getting the silence doesnt reguire any skill at all, silences should only work if the player is casting something.

    5: Massive damage imbalances between classes, clerics damage in pvp is by far the worst.

    6: Mages being able to do mad dps while self healing at same time. Simply doesnt work.

    7: Melee souls ranged damage is out of control.

    8: Damage in general is out of control in pvp, attacking player and then getting 1-2 shotted by ranger or mage while his hiding behind tree.

    9: Pvp is too gear based

    10: Warfronts are not fun after hundred games, brainless zerg farming gets you burned out quickly.

    11: Too stun based, right now pvp feels like who ever gets the first stun wins.

    12: Too little amount of escape / oh crap moment spells/attacks


    ( Also dont bother posting l2p issues, right now i have 2400 rated team in wow in 3v3 so i do have a clue about pvp )

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I have preemptively cancelled, but I do hold out hope that they will be able to do something about the issues you brought up and ASAP.

  3. #3
    Champion Dink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    513

    Default

    OP is correct. I have cancelled for this reason.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Ferathka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hege View Post
    PVP right now is a MESS

    So about pvp in this game at this moment:

    1: Low health pools and instant spells average health pool of a player is 5000 and you see instants doing 2k - 2.5k crits and mage fulminate iv been crit 6800 by it. How is it fine for instant spell to take half of players health pool?

    2: Low health pool of a player is 5000 and you have stuns lasting 6 - 8 seconds and you can chain spam them, and because of so long stuns and silences it takes 2 instant spells to kill player in 1 stun, how are you supposed to react to that?

    3: CC, game mechanics of vanilla wow, yes high damage, low health pools combined with crazy CC, think about wow arena in tbc and now and triple the amount of every cc spell back then, thats how pvp is in this game at this moment.

    4: Silences, why dont ranged silences reguire your target to be casting, simply spamming silences on player and getting the silence doesnt reguire any skill at all, silences should only work if the player is casting something.

    5: Massive damage imbalances between classes, clerics damage in pvp is by far the worst.

    6: Mages being able to do mad dps while self healing at same time. Simply doesnt work.

    7: Melee souls ranged damage is out of control.

    8: Damage in general is out of control in pvp, attacking player and then getting 1-2 shotted by ranger or mage while his hiding behind tree.

    9: Pvp is too gear based

    10: Warfronts are not fun after hundred games, brainless zerg farming gets you burned out quickly.

    11: Too stun based, right now pvp feels like who ever gets the first stun wins.

    12: Too little amount of escape / oh crap moment spells/attacks


    ( Also dont bother posting l2p issues, right now i have 2400 rated team in wow in 3v3 so i do have a clue about pvp )
    While I agree with most of your points especially the Stun crap (basically...stun stun stun stun...dead) I have to say I do rather well when I play my cleric as dps. Usually close to top on dps table.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    same thing for me and 5 of my mates, we canceled for the same reasons, just wait and see... maybe something good is coming for pvp players like us

    Stoyk

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default post

    I dont see my self staying on this game either there is just too much to fix and i dont see it happening.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara Corian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Poorly disguised cleric whine.

    I think the biggest issue for PvP right now is that we don't know what the future holds. The PvE players seem like they're already moving towards their ravenous neverending consumption of content; I'd like to know what those of us who primarily PvP will be able to do to keep up with them.

    Will there be further gear sets at rank 6? More ranks? New warfronts and/or warfront factions? That's what concerns me more than anything. Balance is a neverending process, I don't really care about that as long as attempts are made at it. I just wanna know what we can look forward to.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Poorly disguised cleric whine.

    I think the biggest issue for PvP right now is that we don't know what the future holds. The PvE players seem like they're already moving towards their ravenous neverending consumption of content; I'd like to know what those of us who primarily PvP will be able to do to keep up with them.

    Will there be further gear sets at rank 6? More ranks? New warfronts and/or warfront factions? That's what concerns me more than anything. Balance is a neverending process, I don't really care about that as long as attempts are made at it. I just wanna know what we can look forward to.
    The future wont be holding anything good for pvp, good example is the latest mage buff, mages did need buff, and they got ( Overbuffed ) sickly.

    Also the current pvp model in this game doesnt have anything to do with the skill, everyone can get the best gears in pvp by farming, even if you cant kill a single player in any warfront you can still get rank 6 and the gears.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default

    I agree 100% with this post, it just seems like im playing vanilla WoW again gaining ranks for nothing at the end of the tunnel sort of speaking. But even that was new back then. I still really would like to see a future for Rift, I will give this game some time to evolve a bit with hopes that they better PVP although right now it looks dull, and if they added RVR It'd be quite the time frame away, so yeah I don't know.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matacka View Post
    I agree 100% with this post, it just seems like im playing vanilla WoW again gaining ranks for nothing at the end of the tunnel sort of speaking. But even that was new back then. I still really would like to see a future for Rift, I will give this game some time to evolve a bit with hopes that they better PVP although right now it looks dull, and if they added RVR It'd be quite the time frame away, so yeah I don't know.
    Tho vanilla wow pvp system took very high dedication, getting high warlord and being able to get the best gears took mad dedication and had to farm players sickly, ( also ment that not every player got these gears which was good )

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default

    It was just more hardcore of a grind, because a lot of players had to get that standing 1-5 to rank up more.
    It just seems with all of other MMO'S before Rift, we would have been offered something different or fresh at 50 outside of warfronts. They basically took a basic system and threw it together.

    I'll stick around a bit and level alts, because this grindfest is simply not fun atm or worthwhile for a pvp lover. They need to pick up the pace though, or at least post/release a plan to keep those departing to stick around.

    My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Matacka; 04-01-2011 at 06:50 PM.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matacka View Post
    It was just more hardcore of a grind, because a lot of players had to get that standing 1-5 to rank up more.
    It just seems with all of other MMO'S before Rift, we would have been offered something different or fresh at 50 outside of warfronts. They basically took a basic system and threw it together.

    I'll stick around a bit and level alts, because this grindfest is simply not fun atm or worthwhile for a pvp lover. They need to pick up the pace though, or at least post/release a plan to keep those departing to stick around.

    My 2 cents.
    I'm going to at least give Trion the chance to let us know what's coming down the road, in some detail, regarding PvP before I quit. But all the complaints about class balance within the Warfronts in this forum just make me laugh. Offering Warfronts as high-end PvP IS the problem. Class balance issues aren't so pronounced when you aren't fighting in a kill box alongside a bunch of players that you never fight with. It's the PvP structure that sucks, not one class versus another (although there may be legit issues there.) But it is tantamount to complaining about the fast car sitting next to you in a traffic jam. The traffic jam is the problem. Not the fast car.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Corian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hege View Post
    Also the current pvp model in this game doesnt have anything to do with the skill, everyone can get the best gears in pvp by farming, even if you cant kill a single player in any warfront you can still get rank 6 and the gears.
    well then it sounds like you're set for your rank 6 gear. Your complaint again was...?
    This is why we can't have nice things.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    well then it sounds like you're set for your rank 6 gear. Your complaint again was...?
    Try reading?

    Also feedback isnt complaint.

    Im sorry if all feedback is supposed to be " xoxo we love you xox "

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hege View Post
    10: Warfronts are not fun after hundred games, brainless zerg farming gets you burned out quickly.
    That's the biggest problem.

    Trion launched a game with massive amounts of PvE content and 4 tiny warfronts.

    Even if the PvP mechanics and balance were super awesome and perfect, the fact that you are stuck on 4 tiny warfronts means it's not going to entertain many people for long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts