+ Reply to Thread

Thread: <High Grade> UPDATE 4/1: 5v5 Centric Guild Still Seeking Motivated & Seasoned PvPers!

Exclamation <High Grade> UPDATE 4/1: 5v5 Centric Guild Still Seeking Motivated & Seasoned PvPers!

Because this update is occuring on April Fool's, let me start this thread by informing you that this is no way a joke, promise

Guild: High Grade

Shard: Briarcliff

Faction: Defiant (4/1 UPDATE - Original concept intended as a Bahmi race only guild. However, seeing as this does not add any true value to the outcome of this guild, and restricts who we'd be able to recruit in the future, having a Bahmi character is no longer required.)

Style: Hardcore-PvP (Specialize in optimizing 5-man group PvP)

Guild Launch: Sunday, April 3, 2011

Level 1-49 Plan: Sunday-Thursday begin 8pm EST-12am EST (4 hours) / Group PvP at levels 19, 29, 39, 49 (MUST break for other guildmates at these levels / rolling alts or crafting if waiting for others) / Leveling goals will be determined by collective group on a weekly basis (4/1 UPDATE - Original recruitment had level 9 as a stop for group PvP. However, seeing as warfronts aren't open until level 10, there's no point (dur on my part!) We will be making a stop at 19, and there's even discussion about entering warfronts at 17 or 18)

Level 50 Plan: Sundays PvE / Mondays-Thursdays PvP

Website: To Be Developed / Features will include forums, profiles and media sharing (images/video)

Ventrilo: Ventrilo will be absolutely necessary. Apply ONLY if you have a working microphone, or you will not be permitted into the guild. Beyond having a working mic, be prepared to USE it in communicating to your group during play.

Setup: Warrior heavy assist train style setup / Cleric support also a part of assist train / No worries about the expected "dps adjustments" to warriors, as an assist party should theoretically be capable of dismantling opponents one after the other, assuming that the group consists of fromidable PvPers

Champion (Warrior)
    Warlord (Warrior)
    Shaman (Cleric) (originally was Justicar)
    Sentinel (Cleric)
    TBD (TBD) (orginally was 2nd Champion)

***Note*** The above group setup is not what I consider to be the most ideal for Rift PvP. Just as there are many combinations of classes, I don't deny that there very well may be setups that are superior to the group above. Nonetheless, this is the setup we intend to run to begin with, and as we play may determine to substitue other classes. Which brings me to the qualities that make an ideal candidate for this guild...

(4/1 UPDATE - Original recruitment included specific souls. However, since we'll be deciding optimal setup as a guild, I've made changes to the above setup.)

Requirements:
    • Desire to be known as a member of a successful PvP guild, and not as an individual player. Egos will be kicked. I don't care how great a past you've had, this is a new slate for all participants. Prove yourself to your guildmates and earn their respect before acting like a total prick
    • Commitment
    • Flexibility
    • Patience
    • Previous experience in coordinated, small scale combat (i.e., DAoC 8v8, WoW Arena, FPS clans, etc.)
    • As stated above, a functioning microphone and ability to use it (We don't care that your parents/roomates/babies are asleep)
    • Maturity in two ways. The first, you must be 18+ years old. Sorry lil dudes. Hey, I started playing UO when I was 16 (turning 27 this year) so I'm not preaching any hate by any means. I just need folks to be 18+ so I don't have to worry about any liability issues of saying something stupid or posting something innapropriate (because it will happen.) Secondly, being an idiot is fun and all, so long as it isn't harming your guildmates in any way. So just use your best judgment and be mindful of how your guildmates may feel.

Recruitment: Okay, here is how this will work...
    1. Visit the Recruitment Forum (Site is temporary and being used for recruitment purposes only) - http://highgradeguild.freeforums.org
    1. Read the sticky conveniently titled "READ TO APPLY" and follow those instructions to submit an application.
    1. Saturday, April 2nd, 11:59pm EST - All applications must be submitted before this time. All submissions will be notified of their acceptance status into the guild, and will be expected to log in with the rest of the guild on launch day.
    1. Sunday, April 3rd, 8:00pm EST - Launch day!
    1. Five players (including myself) will comprise of the core-five members. However, you have the opportunity to join as an alternate if you so please. In the end, the best players will be playing regardless (and holding myself accountable as well for saying that!)

Objectives:
    • To be known as one of the most dominant PvP forces playing Rift (Notice I'm not limiting to just the shard, Briarcliff)
    • To have fun.

I know this has been an epic long post. Believe me, it took much longer to draft than it did for you to read But hopefully for those who've read it, it's been worth it.

I very much look forward to considering the applications to come and turning this concept into a reality. Consider this an opportunity to make your mark within the Rift PvP community, because that's the intent. You gotta think big to go big (that's what she said?)

Your journey starts here: http://highgradeguild.freeforums.org

Cheers,

Jah

Amazed by his power to will the elements, Orphiel declared Vannatta as his
    greatest work, and knew he would be key to rearranging Telara's once broken future.

Exclamation Bump

Bump as I roll this blunt and get ready for some quest action tonight, peace
    Last edited by Jah of Estrael; 04-01-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Amazed by his power to will the elements, Orphiel declared Vannatta as his
    greatest work, and knew he would be key to rearranging Telara's once broken future.

+ Reply to Thread