+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Expect continued bad player realtions Trion

  1. #1
    Telaran Dooger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default Expect continued bad player realtions Trion

    Letting the pvp servers fill up unevenly, and letting it go so we have 50+ minute Queues at prime time sucks.

    Whats even worse is jsut letting it all slide and ignoring the players.

    Pvp balance is bad here, but we would be willing to try to work around it. But who cares when pvp basically does not exist at prime time?

    Let me guess no response inc from devs?

    Atleast try to maintain a relationship with your player base.
    Last edited by Dooger; 04-01-2011 at 08:12 AM.
    Dooger
    Run Like Hell

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    I get plenty of pvp... heck sometimes I stop queing on my alt because the ques pop too fast.

    Sounds like you need a new server.

  3. #3
    Telaran Dooger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzzy View Post
    I get plenty of pvp... heck sometimes I stop queing on my alt because the ques pop too fast.

    Sounds like you need a new server.
    Probably more of an option for people without jobs, no entire guilds are not going to reroll.

    And again wfs are not server based, they are xserver and a large number of people are effected.
    Dooger
    Run Like Hell

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    Probably more of an option for people without jobs, no entire guilds are not going to reroll.

    And again wfs are not server based, they are xserver and a large number of people are effected.
    The guild I am in rerolled.... and many of us work full time, some don't.

    So roll on a new server cluster, it takes what... 20 hours to get lvl 50.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Pacotron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    133

    Default

    When is your "primetime", and what time zone are you talkin about?

  6. #6
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    Probably more of an option for people without jobs, no entire guilds are not going to reroll.

    And again wfs are not server based, they are xserver and a large number of people are effected.
    If a guild is tired of long queues..they will reroll.

    If people don't have jobs..how do they pay to play the game? Picking up cans on the side of the road?

    How do they buy their food? How do they pay their rent?

    There's always options. It's up to you to make the change.

  7. #7
    Telaran Dooger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    If a guild is tired of long queues..they will reroll.

    If people don't have jobs..how do they pay to play the game? Picking up cans on the side of the road?

    How do they buy their food? How do they pay their rent?

    There's always options. It's up to you to make the change.
    nah, the burden is not on the player base to reroll after the botched launch.
    Nor is you posting in every thread "everything is fine" make it fine, or your opinion correct in any way.


    The question is if the devs are going to try to keep player base going. Server shutdowns will start in a few month any way you slice it, lets see if they even try to balance loads for next attempt at battlegroups
    Dooger
    Run Like Hell

  8. #8
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    nah, the burden is not on the player base to reroll after the botched launch.
    Nor is you posting in every thread "everything is fine" make it fine, or your opinion correct in any way.


    The question is if the devs are going to try to keep player base going. Server shutdowns will start in a few month any way you slice it, lets see if they even try to balance loads for next attempt at battlegroups
    This launch was smooth and nearly flawless, it certainly was not "botched"

    There were long server queues, people cried about it on the forums, so they added more servers.

    Now you're complaining about too many servers and because of that WF queues are too long.

    I have every right to voice my opinion. I pay to play the game just like you do.

    For me and my husband, the game IS fine and we are loving it.

    If you don't like it, you're free to leave.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Might be your bracket my level 40-49 was so slow, 50 was instant.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

  10. #10
    Telaran Dooger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    This launch was smooth and nearly flawless, it certainly was not "botched"

    There were long server queues, people cried about it on the forums, so they added more servers.

    Now you're complaining about too many servers and because of that WF queues are too long.

    I have every right to voice my opinion. I pay to play the game just like you do.

    For me and my husband, the game IS fine and we are loving it.

    If you don't like it, you're free to leave.
    I am not asking your opinion, it was botched big time.
    Loading pvp servers with a 3:1 ratio is not polished/flawless or anything else.
    Its fail for pvp, and well understood requirement for 10+ years now.

    if you are happy great, this is a real issue for a huge number of people. If you dont like it, get out of the thread, its not titled to you. Your posts are moronic at best.


    Pvp queues for guardian @ level 50 are 30-50 minutes in prime time.
    Its a real issue, for a large number of people
    Last edited by Dooger; 04-01-2011 at 11:21 AM.
    Dooger
    Run Like Hell

  11. #11
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    I am not asking your opinion, it was botched big time.
    Loading pvp servers with a 3:1 ratio is not polished/flawless or anything else.
    Its fail for pvp, and well understood requirement for 10+ years now.

    if you are happy great, this is a real issue for a huge number of people. If you dont like it, get out of the thread, its not titled to you. Your posts are moronic at best.


    Pvp queues for guardian @ level 50 are 30-50 minutes in prime time.
    Its a real issue, for a large number of people
    I noticed that you never answered this question: "When is your "primetime", and what time zone are you talkin about? "

    Also, what server do you play on?

    By the way, insults and name calling are never a good way to get any attention for your cause.

  12. #12
    Telaran Dooger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I noticed that you never answered this question: "When is your "primetime", and what time zone are you talkin about? "

    Also, what server do you play on?

    By the way, insults and name calling are never a good way to get any attention for your cause.
    By the way, shouting down every issue with a "its all fine" is not ok.

    any primetime you wanna pick its bad, very early morning you can get pops every 15 minutes.

    for pst 6pm - 10pm is 30 minutes min Q time for guardian on spitescar, and even longer if we want to Queue our 5 man teams.

    Obviously a 2 realm game is going to be weak for pvp, but at a bare min you *must* try to start the populations semi balanced.
    Dooger
    Run Like Hell

  13. #13
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    By the way, shouting down every issue with a "its all fine" is not ok.

    any primetime you wanna pick its bad, very early morning you can get pops every 15 minutes.

    for pst 6pm - 10pm is 30 minutes min Q time for guardian on spitescar, and even longer if we want to Queue our 5 man teams.

    Obviously a 2 realm game is going to be weak for pvp, but at a bare min you *must* try to start the populations semi balanced.
    Ok, thanks for clarifying.

    On my server (Sunrest) queues happen fast.

    Sitting in queue for a long time isn't fun...perhaps this will be something they will work on soon.

    I know however that if they start merging servers, the rumors will start flying that the game is "dying"

    Maybe include more servers in the battlegroup? That seems like it would be an easy enough fix, without merging servers.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Ok, thanks for clarifying.

    On my server (Sunrest) queues happen fast.

    Sitting in queue for a long time isn't fun...perhaps this will be something they will work on soon.

    I know however that if they start merging servers, the rumors will start flying that the game is "dying"

    Maybe include more servers in the battlegroup? That seems like it would be an easy enough fix, without merging servers.
    The solution is simple, they need to set up server clusters based on population, in order to provde 50/50 balance or as close as reasonably possible. they also need to merge servers if needed to provde balance, on pvp servers at least, if needed or allow transfers. last but not least, this game will have to merge servers anyway, its going to see a huge population crash as it is.

    Rerolling is not an option for many people, i have better things to do with my time then level up another warrior on another server, and the guild i am in would end up split anyway with the majority staying most likely. Like others, yes i could reroll, and waste another 100 hours getting a new toon to 50, but its much easier to just hit the cancel button and go do something else.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boyd62 View Post
    The solution is simple, they need to set up server clusters based on population, in order to provde 50/50 balance or as close as reasonably possible.
    That's a good idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts