+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1.1 Fix

Soulwalker

Default 1.1 Fix

I play a mage and have play one since beta. I also play on a pvp server. I have played many games in the past and all different classes in pvp. Prior to 1.1 mages would get 2 shotted by tanks lets face it on a pvp server and in pvp settings 99% of the warriors play champs or Riftblades. Most of them would hit me for about 2k or better.

Rogues would mostly stun lock me and I might get a insta cast spell off before I die but about half the time I would'nt even get that.

Clerics if they went caster spec would kill mages because they could out heal your damage and do fairly good damage with their spells. With our lack of healing (In pyro chlor spec you get 1 spell to heal yourself on a 10 sec timer if speced right, heals for about 700 to 1000 on average) they would out heal us and kill us in a one on one setting. (Most of the time by the time this fight endned the mage would have been ganked by a tank or rogue).

Until 1.1 casters really didnt have anything going for them as far as one on one was conserned. They could not kill healer, tanks, or rogues. The only thing they could kill would be other casters and that is if they got the jump on them. I know this is not a "one on one" game but seems that most people are QQ about pyro in any setting. The argument could be turned around on those people as well.

In other games as a caster distance was your friend vs other classes. In Rift Tanks can charge at you cutting the distance down to fast to get a spell off and rogues can do stealthed dances all around you.

Most games are on the set of rock paper scissors method but this one is not set up like that. I accpeted this when I started playing a mage in pvp. As it stands now I win about 45% of my encounters vs warriros 1v1 and about 40% of the rogue encounters. I still cant out damage a healer and Shaman just eats my lunch most of the time.

My theory is if you wear the lightest armor you should do the most damage in the game. I'm not asking for my class to be OP im just saying if rogues can blink/steath up to you and cut down your distance i.e. your on defence as a caster and tanks can pull you to them or charge you spam that if you run away from them (i.e no escape) then you should have something to counter act there "abilities". GoS is a fair trade if you ask me.

When you cast GoS your like a turret. If you move out of the circle then you dont get the benifits. Lots of rogues on my server try to get mages now before they have cast GoS.

And about the post I read that was complaining about the damage mages do now the spell he was QQ about does hit hard but cost 100 charge and is on a 30sec timer. it takes most mages about 8 to 10 casts in pyro spec to get 100 charge. I'm not supper equiped and mine hits for about 1400 to 2400 on average and my hardest hit for 3900. I have yet to one shot anyone with full health with it.

In my eyes mages are fixed in 1.1 We win some we loose some we just have become more viable on the pvp field then prior to 1.1 OH and almost forgot inturrupts do still work GoS or no GoS.

Pyro burst damage is going to get nerfed. Now that Champs and Sabs have been toned down, Pyros are the only ones left capable of doing stupid burst damage.

Brace yourself for it, even if the Devs don't want to make the changes, the large amount of QQ will force them to nerf Pyro burst capabilities.

Also, brace yourself for Rogues to be buffed. It is going to happen at some point soon, otherwise they will lose a ****load of subs.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Pyro burst damage is going to get nerfed. Now that Champs and Sabs have been toned down, Pyros are the only ones left capable of doing stupid burst damage.

Brace yourself for it, even if the Devs don't want to make the changes, the large amount of QQ will force them to nerf Pyro burst capabilities.

Also, brace yourself for Rogues to be buffed. It is going to happen at some point soon, otherwise they will lose a ****load of subs.
    I understand what you are saying but even before sabo's and champ's damage was fixed they still could not die in 2 shots against each other. Even now with the fix to mages I still die but instead of 2 shots it takes about 4 or 5 And that is only if im standing in 1 spot (GoS). Like I said its not like I could run from either class. Sabo's could run and cast at the same time and then blow you up from across the map. Their cast times are so fast. Basiclly Sabos are casters that dont have to sit still while casting their damage and if spec'ed right can stealth.

I think they are QQ because now they have to think twice about attacking a mage. Well join the club Pre-1.1 mages would either be on a suicide mission when they attacked either class one on one and still are about 60% of the time when attacking either class. I really dont see the problem here. The proof is in the game its self. In most MMO's you see tons of casters. In this MMO alot of casters dont play mage in pvp there is a reason. You see FAR more rogues and Champs. There is a shortage of healers on my server to. THIS COULD BE the server im playing on i dont know. I'm just saying its that way on my server.

Champion of Telara

Rogues need a dam stun revert/change.

Sad when one can stun you and dance around, stun you dance around, then stun and assassinate you.

That's just showing off I got too much stun.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 04-01-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    Rogues need a dam stun revert/change.

Sad when one can stun you and dance around, stun you dance around, then stun and assassinate you.

That's just showing off I got too much stun.
    Impossible.

Stun no 1 = Full duration, for Assassin Rogue's that can only be 4 secs.

Stun no 2 = Half duration, for Assassin Rogue's that means 2 secs.

Stun no 3 = Immune.

So at worst you will be stunned for 6 seconds max. Then you are immune to ALL further stuns from any source for the next 20 secs (or 15 secs, can't remember which).

Just be grateful Assassinate is so rubbish, if it hit really hard, you would be getting that first, then a 4 sec stun. They would then need to re-stealth to get a further 2 sec stun, or to use Assassinate again.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Champion of Telara

Impossible.

Stun no 1 = Full duration, for Assassin Rogue's that can only be 4 secs.

Stun no 2 = Half duration, for Assassin Rogue's that means 2 secs.

Stun no 3 = Immune.

So at worst you will be stunned for 6 seconds max. Then you are immune to ALL further stuns from any source for the next 20 secs (or 15 secs, can't remember which).

Just be grateful Assassinate is so rubbish, if it hit really hard, you would be getting that first, then a 4 sec stun. They would then need to re-stealth to get a further 2 sec stun, or to use Assassinate again.
    Assassins aren't supposed to hit hard.

Don't know where you got that twisted mentality.

They are softer hitting than a warrior, but way more fast hitting than a warrior in every game.

You're immunity to the stuns also do not add up.

I will have people in stealth stun me while I am on a horse, let that stun last its full duration (my team runs ahead, now im 1v1).

I get stunned 2-3 more times after that.

So no, I don't believe your post at all, and assassins shouldn't hit harder then they already do since they are supposed to hit faster and lower single hit damage (speed makes up for that) than a warrior.

i've also had them stun me and just have a jump/dance party in front of me inbewtween stuns until they decided to stun and kill me in a 1v1 situation during wf.

Your assassin must not be specced right.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 04-01-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Soulwalker

Ok even is your post was fact. It still does not erase the fact that mages die in MAX 3 seconds vs a rogue without GoS the only thing you have done is prove the point that Rogues stun duration is twice as long as they need to down a mage. Without stun Rogues still kill mages the only problem now is they may die in the process as well. Also i dont know how many times ive jumpped a rogue (which i never would have done pre-1.1) and nuke them about half way down and they vanish into mid air. Then they come back and attack me and kill me.

Just the other day in Codex a Sin and I went 1v1 i killed him with about 10% of my health left his poisons ticking at 200 points killed me about 4 seconds after he died. So if giving mages half a chance is what the QQ is about then i guess your right we are OP blah blah.
    Last edited by Descensioin; 04-01-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    Assassins aren't supposed to hit hard.

Don't know where you got that twisted mentality.

They are softer hitting than a warrior, but way more fast hitting than a warrior in every game.

You're immunity to the stuns also do not add up.

I will have people in stealth stun me while I am on a horse, let that stun last its full duration (my team runs ahead, now im 1v1).

I get stunned 2-3 more times after that.

So no, I don't believe your post at all, and assassins shouldn't hit harder then they already do since they are supposed to hit faster and lower single hit damage (speed makes up for that) than a warrior.

i've also had them stun me and just have a jump/dance party in front of me inbewtween stuns until they decided to stun and kill me in a 1v1 situation during wf.

Your assassin must not be specced right.
    Once again Dom, you weren't stunned.

You were incapacitated. (not the same DR)
    You got sapped, he loaded you up with charges
    he blew them up and then mez/stunned you
    then loaded you up (ect)

You need to learn the difference in mechanics. And stop complaining about CC all the time. Some of it is one thing, some of it another.

+ Reply to Thread