+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ground Of Skill fix

Prophet of Telara

Default Ground Of Skill fix

Current:
    Places a temporary field at the Mage's location for 3 minutes. While the Mage remains within the field, they take 30% less damage, are immune to crowd control effects and their damaging attacks have a 30% chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Only 1 Ground may be active at a time.
    Fixed:
    Places a temporary field at the Mage's location for 3 minutes. While the Mage remains within the field, they take 5% less damage, are immune to silence effects and their single target damaging attacks have a 10% chance to stun the enemy for 2 seconds. Only 1 Ground may be active at a time.
    This would bring GoS in line with other DPS self-buff abilities. Please implement.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    Current:

Fixed:

This would bring GoS in line with other DPS self-buff abilities. Please implement.
    Just stop... GoS is fine.

GoS is fine, it just needed the diminishing returns that got implemented. I'd rather get skills from other trees than waste a ton of extra points in things I dont really need in order to get to GoS and Fulminate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Now back at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzzy View Post
    Hanzzy is the guy who said " Mages should 1 shot people"

I don't need to say anything more about him.

Champion of Telara

lol no it's not fine

here's how you fix pyros

GoS CC immunity completely removed, retains -30% dmg and stun
    Fulminate 1.5 second cast time
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Notwist View Post
    Hanzzy is the guy who said " Mages should 1 shot people"

I don't need to say anything more about him.
    And they shouldn't because?

Prophet of Telara

And they shouldn't because?
    You are beyond saving...
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Rift Disciple

You are beyond saving...
    and this is because...? I disagree with you? I more then welcome a good counter point besides "I don't wish to die quickly".

Current:

Fixed:

ROFL

"Ground of Worthlessness"
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Shadowlander

and this is because...? I disagree with you? I more then welcome a good counter point besides "I don't wish to die quickly".
    Can I get a I-WIN button too, that has a 45sec CD. I'm a melee rogue so I'm the squishished class in the game.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    Can I get a I-WIN button too, that has a 45sec CD. I'm a melee rogue so I'm the squishished class in the game.
    You should have enough stuns to dance on the field for a good 15 seconds before you decide to kill a mage you are stunning that isn't immune to stuns.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    I'm a melee rogue to - NS/AS/INF - I eat pyro's. And depending on your rogue spec, you may just not be set up to kill the mage, tune the spec a bit wait for an oppertune moment you won't have to many issues with them. Of course this is provided they don't have help (heals, tanks, melee dps) protecting them. If they do, well, then what do you expect?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    ROFL

"Ground of Worthlessness"
    I encourage you to checkout other DPS self buffs.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

No.. it's not fine.

30% Damage mitigation on a cloth burst damage soul with the potential to crit >7k? Not balanced.
    30% Chance to stun? Fine whatever.
    CC immunity? That's never balanced, ever. You can already spec into a talent that reduces push back to 0. This is just completely overpowered.

You should be able to be CCed / interrupted / silenced / stunned. Nobody should have permanent immunity to CC.

Shadowlander

I'm a melee rogue to - NS/AS/INF - I eat pyro's. And depending on your rogue spec, you may just not be set up to kill the mage, tune the spec a bit wait for an oppertune moment you won't have to many issues with them. Of course this is provided they don't have help (heals, tanks, melee dps) protecting them. If they do, well, then what do you expect?
    Never said I couldn't kill them, just that I want it to be easyier to be a smartass to why mages shouldn't one hit people. I'm a assassin/BD if I get the first strike on the mage he going to die unless someone is healing him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast