+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteurs

Shadowlander

Default Saboteurs

So they basically kept sabs damage the same, but spread the damage out over the charges instead of just the one big burst at the end?

In an arena environment where a healer is always readily available this would have alleviated damage issues because the important damage in arena is USUALLY burst damage (though sometimes it can be overwhelming constant DoT pressure, see: shadowplay)

In terms of warfronts / duels / general world PvP encounters or whatever they're balancing around this solved nothing; saboteurs are STILL only using two buttons / abilities to PvP. I'm not so much concerned with the class balance here as I am with the differences in the SKILL REQUIREMENT TO SUCCEED and overall skill cap.

Saboteurs are still a menace, and they don't require any thought to be played to their maximum potential at this point, they won't as long as you're not trying to balance around arenas (which I suppose is perfectly fine, RvR would be acceptable). So if you're NOT planning to add arenas and balance around them you probably need to re-think the design for this soul.

Also paragorns... I'm still getting beaten by quite a few on my dominator... and I'm a pretty damn good dominator compared to the rest I've seen thus far. Now I know that any semi-competent MMO player will realize that 1v1 balance is pretty close to impossible, but I'm using every tool and piece of control that I have to try and beat the paragorn soul and they still quite often will beat me by spamming their basic DPS spear throw and occasionally trying to interrupt me with the other one.

Intended play design?
    I hope not, ever heard of season 5 ret paladins / icy touch spamming DKs?
    RIFT

Guardians
    Molinar - PvP: Glassjaw | 39 Mage (Dominator/Stormcaller/ArchMage)
    Molinar - PvP: Babypuke | 16 Warrior (Champion)

WoW

Burning Blade - PvP: Babypuke | 85 Warrior (Arms) 2550+ arena experience, defeated 3 rank 1 teams @ tournament realm

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Babypuke View Post
    So they basically kept sabs damage the same, but spread the damage out over the charges instead of just the one big burst at the end?

In an arena environment where a healer is always readily available this would have alleviated damage issues because the important damage in arena is USUALLY burst damage (though sometimes it can be overwhelming constant DoT pressure, see: shadowplay)

In terms of warfronts / duels / general world PvP encounters or whatever they're balancing around this solved nothing; saboteurs are STILL only using two buttons / abilities to PvP. I'm not so much concerned with the class balance here as I am with the differences in the SKILL REQUIREMENT TO SUCCEED and overall skill cap.

Saboteurs are still a menace, and they don't require any thought to be played to their maximum potential at this point, they won't as long as you're not trying to balance around arenas (which I suppose is perfectly fine, RvR would be acceptable). So if you're NOT planning to add arenas and balance around them you probably need to re-think the design for this soul.

Also paragorns... I'm still getting beaten by quite a few on my dominator... and I'm a pretty damn good dominator compared to the rest I've seen thus far. Now I know that any semi-competent MMO player will realize that 1v1 balance is pretty close to impossible, but I'm using every tool and piece of control that I have to try and beat the paragorn soul and they still quite often will beat me by spamming their basic DPS spear throw and occasionally trying to interrupt me with the other one.

Intended play design?
    I hope not, ever heard of season 5 ret paladins / icy touch spamming DKs?
    Do you know, that pre-patch a good saboteur were using far more than 2 buttons? 5 for different charges, 1 to detonate, 2 for traps, 2-3 for bombs and 1 for land mines? Now, with nerf to charge booster there is no point to put up different charges.

About paragons (actually, it is riftblade throwing spears) , flame spear is no more spammable, it's a different spears. Dominator is CC class, not one who actually killing ppls. But the solution is very easy:
    1. Hit lvl 44
    2. Spec 44 pyro
    3. Cast your ground of strenght
    4. Press Heat Wave
    5. Press Fireball button 3-4 times
    6. Finish with inferno
    7. /lol at everyone who jumps on you

Sab damage is not the same.

Please somebody get this person out of here.

Diu

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post

10char

trion destroyed my saboteur, i got assasin and not very happy

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Indelrat View Post
    trion destroyed my saboteur, i got assasin and not very happy
    Melee rogues are the hated step child of this game and are useless.... Wait a second I'm a melee rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    Melee rogues are the hated step child of this game and are useless.... Wait a second I'm a melee rogue!
    Yeah when a melee rogue (or ranger or marksman) jumps my warrior I can wait quite some time before I need to react. Nightblades are the most dangerous of the melee rogues (warrior perspective) but even their dps (coupled with other souls ofcourse) is bad.

Rogues really are the unwanted ugly kids of the game. Maybe one day they get the love they deserve, maybe. If the flavour of the month gets ever switched away from mages I hope rogues are next in line. Though I would rather take such a crazy thing as balance, yes Im quite mad like that

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Lol the cutie pie wants to keep the game in anti-skill mode.

Okay, have your game.
    RIFT

Guardians
    Molinar - PvP: Glassjaw | 39 Mage (Dominator/Stormcaller/ArchMage)
    Molinar - PvP: Babypuke | 16 Warrior (Champion)

WoW

Burning Blade - PvP: Babypuke | 85 Warrior (Arms) 2550+ arena experience, defeated 3 rank 1 teams @ tournament realm

Rift Chaser

Do you need to update your sig, OP? If not, come back and post this BS when you hit 50.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jennahaze View Post
    About paragons (actually, it is riftblade throwing spears) , flame spear is no more spammable, it's a different spears. Dominator is CC class, not one who actually killing ppls. But the solution is very easy:
    1. Hit lvl 44
    2. Spec 44 pyro
    3. Cast your ground of strenght
    4. Press Heat Wave
    5. Press Fireball button 3-4 times
    6. Finish with inferno
    7. /lol at everyone who jumps on you

I QFT..This is do agree is the best way to beat other players as a MAGE.

+ Reply to Thread