+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.1 changes from a rank 6 pvp mage

Plane Touched

Default 1.1 changes from a rank 6 pvp mage

To start, before you reroll a mage thinking you will be omgOPpewpew killer of the month, let me tell you it is not all it's cracked up to be. As a low level mage I spent literally every plat I earned in respecs & training trying to squeeze every last ounce of survivability and dps out of the class for pvp.

Before the 1.1 patch, I had every single soul maxed out in training and a thorough understanding of what each soul could and couldn't do when it came to pvp. You know what I found out? There are a lot of things my mage could do other classes couldn't, and a lot of things my mage couldn't do that other classes could.

So before you post on the boards and complain about the patch nerfing flamespear, para/champ or sabo I highly encourage you to try spending a few plat training up some of your other souls and trying some new combination's. I eventually came to enjoy masterminding a new soul spec that nobody had thought about before.

To give you an example, I don't play pyro very often in pvp because they are very very vulnerable, offer no survivability or mobility which are key aspects to winning in pvp. So I went into my laboratory (soul calc) and mastermind a anti-pyro spec. It needed a few key abilities. 1 survive a heatwave, 2 unearth him, 3 cc him and 4 kill him. And here is what I came up with:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...aaeo.VVd0M0V0z

I could go into how I accomplish this, but I am sure at this point you don't care. I'll just tell you any pyro I faced was dismissed quickly. My point is, before you dismiss your class, try some new abilities and train up a few other souls. You never know, you might even start enjoying the game even more.

To summarize, with the distribution of 1.1 and playing approx 25 warfronts (half solo, half premade) yesterday I could only draw one conclusion. I beat players I beat before the patch, and players/teams that beat me or challenged me before 1.1 still beat/challenged me after the patch.

Now this is the first intelligent thread I've seen about 1.1. You state facts and you follow up with suggestions and conclusions. I applaud you and I agree about playing around with souls, finding new combinations that work. Very well said.

MrT

You forget - the kids that are crying are the kids that only see a number

They dont see anything else like surviving, casting, kiting, rotations etc etc

I wouldnt worry to much about it tbh

I was a Sabo - and well i dont agree with the nerf as much as it has hit us or any of the nerf tbh but its a game end of day;
    "I PITTY THE FOOL, SUCKAH !!"

Shadowlander

what he is trying to say is just roll a mage, you will faceroll everyone no matter what spec you choose.

Plane Touched

So you came up with another mage spec to beat a pyro...

That's all well and good for the mages but they just could have gone pyro to start with...

What are all the rest of us who don't play mages supposed to do? Yeah thats right just bend over and take it like a man... Non mages can't counter the insane dmg and survivability pyro's get now.

This thread is so dumb I just did a /facepalm in real life.
    Last edited by Ezariel; 03-31-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by jackflash2233 View Post
    what he is trying to say is just roll a mage, you will faceroll everyone no matter what spec you choose.
    That was kinda funny. But no, what I was trying to say is have fun with your class. I had fun at pvp before the patch and just as much after it. The overall scheme of things didn't change very much yesterday when it comes to pvp.

If your complaints are about pve. By all means, bring up your thoughts to trion. But if it's about pvp, I don't see the big deal and neither does the rank 6 warrior, rogue and clerics I play with.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ezariel View Post

That's all well and good for the mages but they just could have gone pyro to start with...

What are all the rest of us who don't play mages supposed to do? Yeah thats right just bend over and take it like a man... Non mages can't counter the insane dmg and survivability pyro's get now.

Really, come on. Just look at your soul tree combinations. EVERY class is unique and every soul offers abilities to overcome challenges you will face in pvp.

The point I was trying to make is that if you have issues with pyros in pvp, take a look a little deeper in your soul tree, come up with a spec that can remove a pyro GoS, survive some burst/stuns, and just enough dps to take 4k hp from a level 50 pyro.

Just saying, if you think rolling a pyro is going to make you better at pvp, you will sadly be mistaken when you hit 50.
    Last edited by Lowjack; 03-31-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Just Say NO! to PvP.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjack View Post
    But no, what I was trying to say is have fun with your class...
    I was having fun with my class.. 1.1 changed that. I had 4 different roles that I used for various situations. No joke.. every single role received a nerf. I wont bring what class I am because there is hundreds of posts complaining about those changes. My point being that I used to follow your advice..

Ascendant

I had every single soul maxed out in training and a thorough understanding of what each soul could and couldn't do when it came to pvp.

I don't play pyro very often in pvp because they are very very vulnerable, offer no survivability or mobility
    ...What?

Are we playing the same game?
    Last edited by Tranquility; 03-31-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ezariel View Post

The op assumed ppl reading this would have a certain iq so he did not elaborate. I ll do it for you Ezariel.

The 6 points he spends in necro tree is for a dispel. What makes Pyro so op is the fact that it can do so much dps without getting interrupted by cc. With this dispel he removes GoJ, and without GoJ and stuns etc pyro is easy game.

There are god knows how many souls out there in all callings which have access to a dispel. If you are that butthurt about pyro, why dont you go ahead and try one, yes?

Thumbs down

Really you need to come up with an anti-mage spec that isn't............. a mage.

Rift Disciple

Good post, but why the incomplete build?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pippington View Post
    Really you need to come up with an anti-mage spec that isn't............. a mage.
    Yes it is a little ironic, but my point is I believe every class has the ability to spec an anti-whatever class.

The game is so robust when it comes to pvp. It's not about who has the best gun, but what you can do with the range of guns in your arsenal.

To start, before you reroll a mage thinking you will be omgOPpewpew killer of the month, let me tell you it is not all it's cracked up to be. As a low level mage I spent literally every plat I earned in respecs & training trying to squeeze every last ounce of survivability and dps out of the class for pvp.

Before the 1.1 patch, I had every single soul maxed out in training and a thorough understanding of what each soul could and couldn't do when it came to pvp. You know what I found out? There are a lot of things my mage could do other classes couldn't, and a lot of things my mage couldn't do that other classes could.

So before you post on the boards and complain about the patch nerfing flamespear, para/champ or sabo I highly encourage you to try spending a few plat training up some of your other souls and trying some new combination's. I eventually came to enjoy masterminding a new soul spec that nobody had thought about before.

To give you an example, I don't play pyro very often in pvp because they are very very vulnerable, offer no survivability or mobility which are key aspects to winning in pvp. So I went into my laboratory (soul calc) and mastermind a anti-pyro spec. It needed a few key abilities. 1 survive a heatwave, 2 unearth him, 3 cc him and 4 kill him. And here is what I came up with:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...aaeo.VVd0M0V0z

I could go into how I accomplish this, but I am sure at this point you don't care. I'll just tell you any pyro I faced was dismissed quickly. My point is, before you dismiss your class, try some new abilities and train up a few other souls. You never know, you might even start enjoying the game even more.

To summarize, with the distribution of 1.1 and playing approx 25 warfronts (half solo, half premade) yesterday I could only draw one conclusion. I beat players I beat before the patch, and players/teams that beat me or challenged me before 1.1 still beat/challenged me after the patch.
    Every class is going to have that OMG wtf effect to some degree..Just because there is so many different combinations of Skills and abilities..I Take this mentality all the time ok maybe u doped me in 2 shots and i cant cc u..BUT i can dot you and stand behind a tree till u try to run away the CC/kill u

Alethia - 50 Cleric -Dayblind
    Cassidie - 30 Rouge - Dayblind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast