+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP and Cash Income (with no PvE)

Default PvP and Cash Income (with no PvE)

Something really needs to be done about the of cash gained from PvP, now that Blood Thristy will consume the silver artifact, I started paying attention to how much my overall cash changed after doing several Warfronts. The amounts gained are nothing compared to the amount I can make from simply sitting in one place killing mobs for the same amount of time then selling the junk.

From the looks of it, I am going to have to make a large time investment into PvE each day to be able to support my toon if the daily cost keeps going up. 50g for an hour long buff is really expensive if you solely PvP. Not to mention the cost of occasionally repairing your soul (I won't mention respecs, that is optional).

Not asking for anything huge, just a bump up into how much currency you get when you loot a player, 5-10g would be much more reasonable, because:

a) Frequency of player kills is much lower than mob kills.
    b) You aren't always guaranteed to beat a player, in World PvP that means a repair instead of a reward.

Either that, or allow us to use Favor to make purchases for PvP perk reagents, as well as soul repairs, and everything else PvP related.

Thanks.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Something really needs to be done about the of cash gained from PvP, now that Blood Thristy will consume the silver artifact, I started paying attention to how much my overall cash changed after doing several Warfronts. The amounts gained are nothing compared to the amount I can make from simply sitting in one place killing mobs for the same amount of time then selling the junk.

From the looks of it, I am going to have to make a large time investment into PvE each day to be able to support my toon if the daily cost keeps going up. 50g for an hour long buff is really expensive if you solely PvP. Not to mention the cost of occasionally repairing your soul (I won't mention respecs, that is optional).

Not asking for anything huge, just a bump up into how much currency you get when you loot a player, 5-10g would be much more reasonable, because:

a) Frequency of player kills is much lower than mob kills.
    b) You aren't always guaranteed to beat a player, in World PvP that means a repair instead of a reward.

Either that, or allow us to use Favor to make purchases for PvP perk reagents, as well as soul repairs, and everything else PvP related.

Thanks.
    Problem is, youd have pre-mades forming just to farm cash. I think a better option would be to add a small monetary reward to wins/losses (more for a win, less for a loss). That or just increase daily gold reward, maybe add another daily or two.

Or perhaps they could add a favor bought "stipend" that's a bag with a random amount of money in it depending on your level. Nothing mind blowingly excessive, just enough to provide a modest income about on par with someone who's out pve'ing casually.

We are, for all intents and purposes, soldier's for hire. Makes sense we'd get paid a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Erravi View Post
    Problem is, youd have pre-mades forming just to farm cash. I think a better option would be to add a small monetary reward to wins/losses (more for a win, less for a loss). That or just increase daily gold reward, maybe add another daily or two.

Or perhaps they could add a favor bought "stipend" that's a bag with a random amount of money in it depending on your level. Nothing mind blowingly excessive, just enough to provide a modest income about on par with someone who's out pve'ing casually.

We are, for all intents and purposes, soldier's for hire. Makes sense we'd get paid a little bit.
    Very true

For me, I would be happy with being able to use Favor to make purchases, after all, once everyone is rank 6 and fully geared, there isn't anything else to spend it on.

Being able to buy potions for a modest Favor cost, reagents etc as well as repairs, using the porticulums and all the other day to day costs would at least give us an alternative, those with gold can hoard their Favor, those without can use it as an alternative currency.

Saying that, there may already be a way to do this, buying items with Favor and vendoring them for cash etc, but I doubt it would yield a large enough amount in terms of time spent farming the Favor vs the gain in income compared to the same amount of time spent farming it with PvE pursuits.

Shadowlander

This is a pretty awesome idea. My guildies all make fun that I don't have a fast mount yet

Oh well. 80 Plat is gonna take awhile to farm. At least I'll get that achievement ;)

Problem is, youd have pre-mades forming just to farm cash.
    This is a MMORPG not solo que and kill.

What's next, you want solo dungeons like they did in Aion because raiding encourages running 20 people?

There's ZERO competitive PvP in this game, anything that encourages premades is better overall.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 03-30-2011 at 10:43 PM.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Quote Originally Posted by Hunky Joe View Post
    This is a pretty awesome idea. My guildies all make fun that I don't have a fast mount yet

Oh well. 80 Plat is gonna take awhile to farm. At least I'll get that achievement ;)
    You can buy a couple of mounts with Favor from the PvP vendors, problem is it also requires reputation with the factions before you can buy them.

Think the Port Scion faction is the one that sells them, can't remember the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    This is a MMORPG not solo que and kill.

What's next, you want solo dungeons like they did in Aion because raiding encourages running 20 people?

There's ZERO competitive PvP in this game, anything that encourages premades is better overall.
    You completely and utterly missed the point of what I said. I didn't mean pre-mades like we see now. I meant pre-mades, as in both factions, queueing up and farming each other for the soul purpose of making plat.

It would be like the Zhentil Keep/Fist of the Empire debackle, where they just line up naked and let themselves die over and over again. Only instead of favor/prestige it would be large amounts of plat.

You can buy a couple of mounts with Favor from the PvP vendors, problem is it also requires reputation with the factions before you can buy them.

Think the Port Scion faction is the one that sells them, can't remember the price.
    It is scion, its roughly 56kish favor which is really nothing. Problem is you need glorified with the scion reputation. Which is a longer grind then prestige rank 6 I think.
    Last edited by Erravi; 03-30-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Champion of Telara

I've been wanting to make a thread for so long now, thanks for making one.

I think favor should also be used as a currency as if it were gold.

If you go into the auction players can set for both favor and gold for prices.

Favor needs to be a currency so the levels can buy the armors they want to have.

The armors the pvp vendors sell normally don't cut it, and you earn almost no gold pvping.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

You completely and utterly missed the point of what I said. I didn't mean pre-mades like we see now. I meant pre-mades, as in both factions, queueing up and farming each other for the soul purpose of making plat.

It would be like the Zhentil Keep/Fist of the Empire debackle, where they just line up naked and let themselves die over and over again. Only instead of favor/prestige it would be large amounts of plat.

It is scion, its roughly 56kish favor which is really nothing. Problem is you need glorified with the scion reputation. Which is a longer grind then prestige rank 6 I think.
    That may have changed now, they bumped up the rep rewards for handing in quests and scoring with the latest patch, so it may not be as much of a grind now.

They really could have done with making this an option for the other factions as well, just with different mounts, as you can rep grind those while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    That may have changed now, they bumped up the rep rewards for handing in quests and scoring with the latest patch, so it may not be as much of a grind now.

They really could have done with making this an option for the other factions as well, just with different mounts, as you can rep grind those while leveling.
    Did they really? Ill have to check it out. I just remember looking at the required rep, and then looking at my piddly 25 rep per quest / 4 rep per capture and my eyes glazing over.

Did they really? Ill have to check it out. I just remember looking at the required rep, and then looking at my piddly 25 rep per quest / 4 rep per capture and my eyes glazing over.
    If I remember right, it's now 50 for a quest hand in, and you get another 50 per 100 points scored (I have no idea if you need to gain that score or if it applies to your whole team scoring). So you can reasonably expect to gain about 600-750 per battle, as long as you do plenty of quests.

Shadowlander

An easy fix for this would be to increase the monetary reward for completing PvP dailies and quests.

+ Reply to Thread