+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP since 1.1 - A whole new game

Shield of Telara

Default PvP since 1.1 - A whole new game

No people going from 100% to 0 in less than 2 seconds.

No saboteurs. (Although Damage is TOO low now, have to readjust it)

No champions killing people inside of their first stun.

People actually have a chance to be healed instead of just being corpses if 2 people look at them.

No AFK bots. They're all gone. (For now)

There are only a few things wrong with PvP left - Fulminate, Lack of rewards and incentive for world pvp, an RvR area and.. well, that's about it. Minor tweaks here and there.

It's like playing PvP in heaven. Everyone in Warfronts, Stillmoor and Shimmersands has agreed.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Joyous; 03-30-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Joyous View Post
    I suppose you haven't seen the various screenshots of pyros doing 6-8k+ crits.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I suppose you haven't seen the various screenshots of pyros doing 6-8k+ crits.
    I mentioned fulminate, but I guess you didn't read down that far Pyros are the one thing they didn't tweak right.
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

I mentioned fulminate, but I guess you didn't read down that far Pyros are the one thing they didn't tweak right.
    I did read that far, just pointing out how you contradicted yourself.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

i can sign that at least for lvl39 bracket with my few warfronts ive done.

but as i wrote in another thread theres was one wf with a pretty weird experience with my warrior haha^^.

How hard does titan strike hits as a crit now?
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    How hard does titan strike hits as a crit now?
    I tested mine on a target dummy and a few players its average crit was 700 dmg with decent gear...on a 1 minute CD 700 dmg is **** for dmg especially for a crit. My normal abilitys crit for 700 and a 3 second stun? HAHA my charge does that so why even bother with TS anymore? just dont spec into it and save youself a talent point IMO. Or dont play Champion, I hear paragon is having some sort of success in warfronts as well as the riftblade sword and board spec seems unstoppable from what ive seen as well

Shield of Telara

Although, the whiners never really stop I guess. It's funny seeing people grasping for straws for things to whine about - Like clerics critting for 1.5k with bolt of depravity.. lol. 1.5k crits are really too strong guys. As the fulminate hits me for 5.5k and the fireball for 2.5k.. and instant cast cinderblast for 2.5k

Yeah, titan strike doesn't kill entire groups of people any more. Plus, I forgot to mention - 2 minute break free means battlefield intimidation doesn't mean you instantly win every fight you use it in.
    Last edited by Joyous; 03-30-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Tellstar View Post
    I tested mine on a target dummy and a few players its average crit was 700 dmg with decent gear...on a 1 minute CD 700 dmg is **** for dmg especially for a crit. My normal abilitys crit for 700 and a 3 second stun? HAHA my charge does that so why even bother with TS anymore? just dont spec into it and save youself a talent point IMO. Or dont play Champion, I hear paragon is having some sort of success in warfronts as well as the riftblade sword and board spec seems unstoppable from what ive seen as well
    hm that will be a hell of a giant step wiht my champ from 35 to 50...

highest crit i saw today was around 450. average around 350.

and it was lvl35 champ (standard equip) against lvl29 mobs...

yesterday my average crits were around 600 against those mobs in scarlet gorge.
    dont want to say that its unplayable, but the cut is definitly obvious.
    so what...
    Last edited by myshkin67; 03-30-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Pyros

Pyros possibly hit too hard. I dont know because I havnt seen it first hand yet. But I will say that the mage archtype as a whole, more so the dps casters actually feel like mages thank god. Pre patch it was difficult to down someone that was actually targeting you, as well as survive for more then a flicker plus a few seconds. It looks pretty good to me, the mages that dont understand how to pvp as a mage are still just as horrible, and the mages that are on their game are actually seeing results worth the effort.

Shield of Telara

Yeah, like I was mentioning - Fulminate basically guarantees a kill whenever you use it, which no skill should ever do. Plus, pyros could use a bit more tweaking - Overall though, it feels REALLY smooth, every class/combo except for maybe melee rogues (and yes, Sabs are still viable - they're still in warfronts and a full load of charges is still 60% of my health) is viable, and..

It's a nice place.
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

Champion of Telara

If they add rvr, I hope they follow what the masses want and add arenas too, so there is both options available.

The 1.1 patch has been a lot better as far as pvp goes, pyros haven't been too big of a problem, fighting one maybe two at a time.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-30-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Shield of Telara

Even the silly things like AoE silences and stuff doesn't seem so bad with a diminished break free cooldown.

Class balance > RvR > Arenas > Rated Warfronts in that order, rewards to be tweaked along the way.
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by myshkin67 View Post
    hm that will be a hell of a giant step wiht my champ from 35 to 50...

highest crit i saw today was around 450. average around 350.

and it was lvl35 champ (standard equip) against lvl29 mobs...

yesterday my average crits were around 600 against those mobs in scarlet gorge.
    dont want to say that its unplayable, but the cut is definitly obvious.
    so what...
    I am not sure if a mele who is not doing 1000 damage is even worth playing.

Shield of Telara

Warriors still deal a ton of damage - It just isn't prefaced by a massive 10k damage aoe attack that stuns for 5 seconds.
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast