+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: PvP since 1.1 - A whole new game

Shield of Telara

What I'm experiencing here is looking in my combat log?
    Ugar - Spitescar - PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Joyous View Post
    What I'm experiencing here is looking in my combat log?
    Then I can only suggest you look harder, else you wouldn't be making statements like these:

The pyro casts on whoever he wants to build up charges, then he selects someone to die with fulminate. Click - That person is dead.
    Fulminate is far from a 1-shot kill ability even when you use it on a person you are freecasting on. To suggest that you can insta-kill with impunity by targetting someone else - presumably at full, or near full hp, is sheer lunacy that I wouldn't even deign to reply to, if I wasn't bored at work right now.

Telaran

Although, the whiners never really stop I guess. It's funny seeing people grasping for straws for things to whine about - Like clerics critting for 1.5k with bolt of depravity.. lol. 1.5k crits are really too strong guys. As the fulminate hits me for 5.5k and the fireball for 2.5k.. and instant cast cinderblast for 2.5k

Yeah, titan strike doesn't kill entire groups of people any more. Plus, I forgot to mention - 2 minute break free means battlefield intimidation doesn't mean you instantly win every fight you use it in.
    Someone needs to post a video of this. That is the only way I will believe it. I want to see in a typical fight situation these kind of crits achieved.

Video evidence or it didn't happen. Posting out of context combat log screenshots that are fuzzy and often look photoshopped mean nothing to me.

Well I did WFs today and it was kinda sad.
    Every good mage that was chloro before stayed chloro and for this I was happy.
    Every mage I have never seen before joined the WF as Pyro ( 4 GoS mages at Codex - fun times ). Meh...
    Warrior seem to be hitting alot less - maybe the could add a 5%-10% damage bonus there. I have yet to meet any of the good warriors on my WF.

Rogues - dear god. It actually made me stop and tell an opponent rogue sin that tried for about a minute to kill me that i really hope they fix his class :-S . And this was a good and geared rogue. Decided to end the whole thing by spamming 300 dmg Water jets. Think was doing more damage then him

So imo, help the rogues Trion.

(And no, ain't a rogue, don't have a rogue alt, don't intend to have an rogue alt )
    Last edited by Shaynaro; 03-31-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Telaran

I think PvP is great right now. The only outliers I have found to that have been pyromancers, and that is due to their damage output.

Really, people should be priming them anyways. Proper VK warrior builds can just wreck (in that they are made useless) pyromancers with a decent cleric/support on the team. You don't even have to kill him, just OOM him to relieve the spike damage and AoE for the healers on your team, than pressure him and switch/CC the cleric.

While I agree that pyromancers do inordinate amounts of damage right now, I think the true issue is the lack of teamwork and cohesion people have with dealing with them. An unpressured pryomancer puts out insane amounts of damage, but as soon as you apply some intelligent team to that, it all disappears.
    They will be standing in one spot to get those numbers, and will have blown some cooldowns to put out their damage. That is the ONE thing that pyros have, damage.

And thus people need to realize they should be number 1 targets every single time. They aren't hard to kill (relative to anyone else on the team). If your team is getting out healed despite primarying the pryo, you were screwed before the pyro even got there.

This has just been my experience so far. I play Defiant on Seastone as a cleric, and after the recent patch, I have 9/10 WF's I have played (where I used to lose 9/10). I believe this is because damage is predictable now without inordinate amounts of utility it used to have (sabs and champ/para had mobility, stuns, and hp).

It used to be impossible to try and heal, as sabs and champ/para used to just burst people down within a single GCD, and there would be little I could do about it (I can't preheal a one shot charge count). It would also be hard to primary them because they had so much mobility and could pop in and out (or engage at range and do the same). Pyros on the other hand, while putting out huge amounts of damage, cannot kite at range, or move in and out like the previous two. To become the threat everyone is complaining about, they are locked in a fixed place, blowing 1 or 2 min CD's to get some of those numbers.

They are vastly easier to deal with due to their lack of utility piggybacked on their damage. So wursthile Pyros are definitely putting our numbers higher than intended, they aren't the end-all be-all metagame shaper the burst from Sabs and Champ/Para was. Their damage is predictable, and comes at a price. It's CRUCIAL you exploit that price as soon as you see a pyro, or your cleric (me) won't be able to keep you up.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    Ground of Strength gives complete immunity to anything that stops casting BY THE WAY.
    Nope, can still be interrupted. You obviously have a L2P issue, I mean that's what all Warriors/Rogues were telling Mages Pre-Patch.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Magicus View Post
    Nope, can still be interrupted. You obviously have a L2P issue, I mean that's what all Warriors/Rogues were telling Mages Pre-Patch.
    Warrior interrupts are on 6 second cd and do not cause interrupted ability to go into cd. Yes it's obviously a L2P issue.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

The best PVP that I have played in this game was directly after the update. I have a feeling that the Defiant will benefit greatly with this.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Magicus View Post
    yeah man! L2P if you can't CC a mage who is immune to CC. /scm

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    The best PVP that I have played in this game was directly after the update. I have a feeling that the Defiant will benefit greatly with this.
    Pretty much what I have been experiencing as well as I mentioned in my post as well. PvP feels like it's based on teamwork and skill now, with only one particular soul type that throws it off (pyromancer).

But even than, pyromancers are easily dealt with. Pyromancer damage+utility is nothing compared to the damage+utility champ/para (with armor pen bug), and sab (with armor pen bug) had.

Telaran

Anyone know if you can apply VK disrupt on a mage already inside gos?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaynaro View Post
    Well I did WFs today and it was kinda sad.
    Every good mage that was chloro before stayed chloro and for this I was happy.
    Every mage I have never seen before joined the WF as Pyro ( 4 GoS mages at Codex - fun times ). Meh...
    Warrior seem to be hitting alot less - maybe the could add a 5%-10% damage bonus there. I have yet to meet any of the good warriors on my WF.

Rogues - dear god. It actually made me stop and tell an opponent rogue sin that tried for about a minute to kill me that i really hope they fix his class :-S . And this was a good and geared rogue. Decided to end the whole thing by spamming 300 dmg Water jets. Think was doing more damage then him

So imo, help the rogues Trion.

(And no, ain't a rogue, don't have a rogue alt, don't intend to have an rogue alt )
    I can't figure out what people are pairing assassin with that makes it so bad. It works well with Bladedancer and Nightblade.
    Even free cost too much now

Shadowlander

Default Pyro

As mentioned before they do big bada boom! but if you push them they squeal and run!

Rift Chaser

Warriors still deal a ton of damage - It just isn't prefaced by a massive 10k damage aoe attack that stuns for 5 seconds.
    Titan strike barely did 2k damage with epic weapon and preloaded with strike like iron 30% buff. You people are ridicilous. I would bet anything the average titan strike crit was no more than 1700 if you added up every level 50 titanstrike ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    Titan strike barely did 2k damage with epic weapon and preloaded with strike like iron 30% buff. You people are ridicilous. I would bet anything the average titan strike crit was no more than 1700 if you added up every level 50 titanstrike ever used.
    With a forum name like Freethinker... Go read some of the other threads, they explain it in detail. The issues are numerous and well documented.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast